Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 03:43 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Their just PO'd that we have amazing things here, like Mall at Millenia and Orlando Eye, while they have only sand dunes over in their nations.
You've obviously never been to Dubai
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 04:35 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Or Qatar

Old 12-11-2015, 05:38 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
It looks like he had sold the guns. He had to rent a Glock 43 when he went to the firing range.

Former college student, Arab citizen held on federal ammunition charges | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KTVO

Old 12-11-2015, 05:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1026 View Post
[url=http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-uae-ex-fit-student-ammo-arrest-guns-20151210-story.html]Ex-FIT student from United Arab Emirates had ammo, guns, feds say - Orlando Sentinel[/url]

Highlights of the article:

* Illegally overstayed a student visa permit after being kicked out of a college
* Using cash to purchase hotel stays, guns, cell phones and target range visits
* Set up target range visits for both himself and other friends
* Caught with a lot of ammunition in the hotel room but the guns have not been found
Interesting that you are more concerned about his legal status than you are about the weapons and ammunition he so easily obtained. The San Bernardino shooters had assault rifles and practiced legally at a local shooting range.

I'd be just as worried about a blond haired, blue-eyed couple with a stockpile of guns and ammo living next door to me. Anyone who thinks people who wish to do us harm look or talk a certain way is being naive, since murderers come in all flavors, but the rhetoric certain politicians are using is certainly inciting fear and bigotry in this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1026 View Post
No worries, let's continue to take our kids to soccer and violin practice :-)
Anyone who can add 2 plus 2 can figure this out:

YEAR 2013

10,076 deaths due to drunk drivers in the U.S.

[url=http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html]Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center[/url]

8,476 deaths due to drunk driving in Florida 2003-2012

[url]http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/pdf/impaired_driving/drunk_driving_in_fl.pdf[/url]

YEAR 2015

49,413 incidents of gun violence in the U.S.
12,511 deaths

[URL="http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/"]SEE MAP FOR INCIDENTS BY STATE[/URL]

I am certainly not saying people should ignore the recent massacre in Calif. We all should be aware of any suspicious activity in our communities, but you've got a significantly better chance of being killed by a motorist or shot during a road rage incident than being murdered by a radical Islamic terrorist.

Robert Dear is neither a Muslim nor an illegal immigrant and he shot innocent people in Colorado, including a police officer. James Holmes was not Muslim or here illegally and he was convicted on 24 counts of murder in a movie theater. Adam Lanza murdered 20 little kids and 6 adults and, as far as I know, he was not Muslim or an illegal immigrant. Dylan Roof is not Muslim or in the U.S. illegally and he shot 9 people in a church during a Bible study. Jared Lee Loughner is not Muslim or illegal and he pleaded guilty to 19 counts of murder and attempted murder in Arizona.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't foreigners who want to kill Americans or that it isn't a concern, but I just listed the 5 men above from memory and there were over 350 mass shootings in 2015, so I'm talking about statistics.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:45 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,044 times
^ Well I will always defend the right to buy weaponry, no matter what country you come here from.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:50 PM

Granted most of the terrorists are coming from very poor neighborhoods and countries that have been torn by war. It's one of the reasons why terrorists are able to recruit young people. Our involvement in their countries, trying to topple dictators and then unintentionally turning their country into a war zone will create terrorists. I'm sure if China started bombing the US to "free" us from Obama's big government and your house was accidentally blown up killing your family inside, and then creating a civil war between the Tea Party and the Progressives making it so you can't even shop for groceries without worrying about getting killed, not being able to find a job because China blocked all imports to the US killing our economy etc... there would be many people willing to sign up to an organization whose key goal is to destroy China.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:52 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It looks like he had sold the guns. He had to rent a Glock 43 when he went to the firing range.

Former college student, Arab citizen held on federal ammunition charges | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KTVO
Well, Homeland Security caught this guy..and yet it's a drumbeat..Government is useless CAN'T protect us.. THEREFORE >lets buy more gun attitude continues to become their rationale!!......Ohh well..Gun hugger's constantly look for some "Excuse" to buy more guns!! SMH!!

Fear Factor works for that "Industry" for sure!!! Gun huggers versus responsible gun owners ( 2 separate entities) have evolved..BO is no longer the reason..it's now those Islam folks they have to protect themselves from!!

Government over-reach ( Anarchist agenda) ~ need more gun power
BO is going to take away our guns!! ~ need to buy more guns
Muslims a threat ~ Buy more guns as Government can't and won't protect us!

This is how NRA and Gun maker's make their $$$$$ more guns better..les guns losses to bottomline.....NRA has evolved almost to the anarchy stage..Any and all Government limitations means..TOTAL losses of 2nd amendment rights!! yep extreme..but it works for them!!

Old 12-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
^ Well I will always defend the right to buy weaponry, no matter what country you come here from.
This is an old argument. It has nothing to do with passing laws and imposing some limits, but this isn't the political forum and that's a whole different subject.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well, Homeland Security caught this guy..and yet it's a drumbeat..Government is useless CAN'T protect us.. THEREFORE >lets buy more gun attitude continues to become their rationale!!......Ohh well..Gun hugger's constantly look for some "Excuse" to buy more guns!! SMH!!
Yes. I agree. When Congress voted against legislation to block suspected terrorists from purchasing guns, it proves there is an agenda here, not a concern for our safety. I realize a few people have been placed on the "no fly" list in error and that the "terrorist watch" list might be inaccurate. When people who have never committed a crime are on lists, I think it is unfair and unconstitutional. However, at the same time, so is indefinite imprisonment and, since 2002, I haven't heard too many of the same people screaming about a detention camp where suspects (not convicted criminals) are interrogated and tortured. Yet they think it's wrong to keep guns out of their hands.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:18 PM

I think concealed carry permits are the key to preventing mass deaths along with beefing up security/surveillance. I have no problem with universal background checks or closing private sales of guns. However, the difference between America and France is in many cities, odds are there will be a decent number of armed citizens, so 4 gunmen won't have complete control of a crowd in the hundreds. To prevent mass deaths it will require both government and citizens. We shouldn't forget our values in the process though aka we shouldn't ban an entire religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: