Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 03:54 PM

220 posts, read 418,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You see this is the problem. Our media portrays Muslims as terrorists and a religion of hate. Their media portrays the West as war fanatics that want to change their culture and take over their countries. This is why traveling is so crucial for people because those who never experience a different culture tend to swim in ignorance and false information.

The largest Muslim country in the world is Indonesia and it's one of my favorite countries. The people are so friendly there. I have friends from United Arab Emirates and Qatar. I met their families and they are good people. This idea of demonizing 1.6 billion people is ridiculous. The media makes it sound like half of Muslims are suicide bombers that want to destroy the West, when in reality that's nowhere near the truth. Ignorance only helps terrorist organizations.

Just like Christians, most Muslims are good people. They have a different culture from us, but they are still good people. However, using scare tactics to petrify the masses is better for tv ratings and allows politicians to wage war and get elected.
I could not agree more that traveling is crucial for people. I fear that when you traveled to Indonesia, you went to Denpasar, Kuta or maybe Ubud in Bali (with maybe a day trip to Lombok)? You see Indonesia has been in the middle of a slow and steady uprise in radical Islamic terrorism for a long time now:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/op...racy.html?_r=0

History of the Jihad against Indonesia (1441 - Ongoing)

The island of Bali has been trying to fight back. They are trying to prevent immigration to their island in hopes that they can save their beautiful and peaceful Hindu-Buddist ways.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST EVERYONE READ THE ARTICLE BELOW= "Keeping Bali Strong".

There are agenda driven people in the media and the good ol' "academics" who are continually using Indonesia as their prime example of how peaceful Islam and Muslims are. Since they are using Indonesia as their poster child of success are they suggesting we become more like Bali in regards to how to prevent the same thing from happening in the US?

Keeping Bali strong? - Inside Indonesia

I have the opportunity to travel the world and have been doing it for over 25 years now. I have been to almost every continent and hundreds of countries including Indonesia (3 times). We probably agree with the following statement by this well-intentioned poster = "Ignorance only helps terrorist organizations." The Islamic Terrorists are hoping and praying that the majority left-leaning and politically correct western media can be used against us as they continue their slow and steady infiltration of Sharia Law throughout the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKMI1wV0ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYzrTBdoE0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-QX8LuKHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 05:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Why don't we stop subsidizing the lives of illegal immigrants in this country ?
That's a whole different subject. Illegal immigrants don't get any government benefits, but I do realize that their children can go to school and receive other services. However, we could go on and on listing things the government pays for that doesn't get into our pockets and it won't solve anything. I already mentioned the huge, billion dollar embassy we built in Iraq. Read this:

How Did The Government Waste Your Tax Dollars In 2014?

[url=http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2014/10/22/how-did-the-government-waste-your-money-in-2014-separating-fact-from-fiction/]Forbes Welcome[/url]

"$820,000 to determine the impact of public breastfeeding on the rate of car accidents at crowded intersections."

"$856,000 to train three mountain lions to run on a treadmill in order to measure the energy consumption of the cats’ hunting techniques."

Old 12-13-2015, 06:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,339,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is a FL forum, so we can't really get into a discussion about the conflict over there, but don't blame Israel without looking back at history beginning in the late 1930s. Israel was given a small piece of land and the Arab nations still wouldn't compromise because they did not want a Jewish State - period. There are plenty of quotes I can post from the 1940s from Arab leaders who said they would not welcome a compromise, no matter how reasonable, and talked about a war of extermination.
Yea but what is happening now is that Israel isn't playing ball and trying to be part of the solution and we keep sending money, no strings attached

Old 12-13-2015, 08:02 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Donald Trump is the leader of the White ISIS?

I was actually a fan of Trump for awhile mainly because of his finger to the PC culture that's especially bad in politics. However, he has gone off the deep end unfortunately.

Donald Trump: The White ISIS - The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 12-13-2015, 09:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yea but what is happening now is that Israel isn't playing ball and trying to be part of the solution and we keep sending money, no strings attached
True, but would you want to play ball with people who want to wipe you off the face of the Earth? Just 2 years ago, Ismail Haniyeh said Palestinians will never recognize Israel's right to exist.

By the way, when money is involved, there are always strings. I think Netanyahu is too hawkish, but he's not nearly has militant as Hamas leaders.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:07 PM

301 posts, read 369,180 times
LOL ... Trump was right after-all. All the Freaky-Do-Gooder-Liberals preaching to the world "Come to the land of milk and honey - The USA!". Now you will truly see the sh*t hit the fan. Some of us smart folks are armed and ready while the majority of you have a Walmart Chinese made kitchen knife on your cheap Ikea cork board night stand ... Lol.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:43 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
So supporting the constitution is wrong? What has happened to the Republican Party. Rand Paul seems to be the only one who still believes in the constituion and small government. The rest of the GOP, Trump especially want an even bigger government than Bernie Sanders.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
True, but would you want to play ball with people who want to wipe you off the face of the Earth? Just 2 years ago, Ismail Haniyeh said Palestinians will never recognize Israel's right to exist.

By the way, when money is involved, there are always strings. I think Netanyahu is too hawkish, but he's not nearly has militant as Hamas leaders.
Hamas is no worse. It takes two to tango.

America is changing its mind on Israel: How Netanyahu is alienating his most essential ally - Salon.com
Western hypocrisy: Crimea and Israeli war crimes - Al Jazeera English

Old 12-14-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
So supporting the constitution is wrong? What has happened to the Republican Party. Rand Paul seems to be the only one who still believes in the constituion and small government. The rest of the GOP, Trump especially want an even bigger government than Bernie Sanders.
I think Bernie wants the biggest of them all, and wants to reach in to your wallet to pay for it.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:32 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,969 times
Quote:
Have a quote somewhere on that or is that your opinion ? Trump is sick of lobbyists, cronyism, and partisan politics making decisions that affect all Americans end of story. He wants a government that acts in the best interests of American citizens, unlike the clown show in office now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: