Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 11:43 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Have a quote somewhere on that or is that your opinion ? Trump is sick of lobbyists, cronyism, and partisan politics making decisions that affect all Americans end of story. He wants a government that acts in the best interests of American citizens, unlike the clown show in office now.
Considering rounding up Muslim Americans and blocking the second largest religion in the world isn't exactly small government, limited government or liberty, right? I mean the amount of money this would cost, even if you ignore the fact you are changing the fundamentals of our country, would be enormous. So, Sanders idea of making universal healthcare like 99% of modern developed countries already have doesn't seem to big and scary anymore.

(I'm not a Sanders supporter, I actually dislike him a lot. However, he isn't claiming to be someone who wants a small and limited government. My point is the claim Republicans are the party of small government, low spending and freedom is a complete joke in 2015. The only person who actually who does what he says is Rand Paul in this matter. The rest of the field want to spend us all into oblivion getting involved in every world conflict on a credit card.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 12:55 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Considering rounding up Muslim Americans and blocking the second largest religion in the world isn't exactly small government, limited government or liberty, right? I mean the amount of money this would cost, even if you ignore the fact you are changing the fundamentals of our country, would be enormous. So, Sanders idea of making universal healthcare like 99% of modern developed countries already have doesn't seem to big and scary anymore.

(I'm not a Sanders supporter, I actually dislike him a lot. However, he isn't claiming to be someone who wants a small and limited government. My point is the claim Republicans are the party of small government, low spending and freedom is a complete joke in 2015. The only person who actually who does what he says is Rand Paul in this matter. The rest of the field want to spend us all into oblivion getting involved in every world conflict on a credit card.)
Dude, don't know where you get your info, but no one including Trump wants to round up all Muslim Americans and block the 2nd largest religion in the world. Take your head out of the sand - there is a growing problem with ISIS which includes extending their reach worldwide (including among the friendly folks of Indonesia). As long as there exists the possibility of even ONE Islamic terrorist getting into the U.S., measures have to be taken to prevent these scumbags from getting in and killing innocent Americans.

And when did Trump say he wants to jump into every world conflict on a credit card ? All he wants is to protect American citizens from threats like ISIS. Trump is a businessman who has made billions by increasing revenue while containing costs ... concepts that have not been seen by the U.S. government in quite some time, especially under Obama whose goal is make more citizens than ever dependent on the government and raise taxes on the rich to pay for his nonsense.

Trump continues to run high in the polls as most Americans are sick and tired of the cronyism and the lying, corrupt, overspending, and agenda-bound politicians that care more about lobbyist money than they do about the concerns of the American citizens. If Rand Paul had any decent ideas of his own, he would be far about the minuscule poll numbers he's at right now.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Dude, don't know where you get your info, but no one including Trump wants to round up all Muslim Americans and block the 2nd largest religion in the world. Take your head out of the sand - there is a growing problem with ISIS which includes extending their reach worldwide (including among the friendly folks of Indonesia). As long as there exists the possibility of even ONE Islamic terrorist getting into the U.S., measures have to be taken to prevent these scumbags from getting in and killing innocent Americans.

And when did Trump say he wants to jump into every world conflict on a credit card ? All he wants is to protect American citizens from threats like ISIS. Trump is a businessman who has made billions by increasing revenue while containing costs ... concepts that have not been seen by the U.S. government in quite some time, especially under Obama whose goal is make more citizens than ever dependent on the government and raise taxes on the rich to pay for his nonsense.

Trump continues to run high in the polls as most Americans are sick and tired of the cronyism and the lying, corrupt, overspending, and agenda-bound politicians that care more about lobbyist money than they do about the concerns of the American citizens. If Rand Paul had any decent ideas of his own, he would be far about the minuscule poll numbers he's at right now.
I'm also not a Rand Paul supporter, you don't seem to understand I'm not trying to boost any candidate. I'm simply pointing out the level of bull being portrayed by many people, mainly within the Republican Party who always tout they are the party of liberty, small government, low spending and the constitution.

The only person who actually believes in these things are Rand Paul. The others want a massive military complex around the world, they want more wars, they want to boost spying on citizens, they want to open more overseas torture prisons etc. How are these ideals in line with liberty, small government, limited government, low spending or the constitution? Then you have someone like Trump banning the second largest religion in the world and saying we should consider a similar camp system like we had during WWII. I mean, just admit already that the Republican Party has completely changed. They want massive government and a much more powerful government. And by the way, the ban on Muslims traveling to the US is a simple question asked while passing through customs, "Are you a Muslim" so it not only won't protect us, it will just make us a laughing stock of the world and give ISIS a lot more propaganda to use against us.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:11 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You've obviously never been to Dubai
No, as I said before, the only place I've been outside the US is Puerto Rico.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:29 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,339,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
No, as I said before, the only place I've been outside the US is Puerto Rico.
Then please check your ignorance of global matters at the door

Old 12-15-2015, 05:36 PM

^ I'm not sure what you mean.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
^ I'm not sure what you mean.
He/She is saying, don't say the Middle East is nothing but sand dunes when you haven't done any research or been there yourself. There are cities in the Middle East that have buildings that put NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles etc to shame. The world's tallest building is in the Middle East for example.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:28 PM

Well me and my girlfriend were watching a show on TV about someplace over there--The Gaza, I think. And there were nothing but dunes there. But groups were fighting each other over them.

They were at war over sand dunes.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Well me and my girlfriend were watching a show on TV about someplace over there--The Gaza, I think. And there were nothing but dunes there. But groups were fighting each other over them.

They were at war over sand dunes.
You are adorable hehe

Old 12-15-2015, 07:05 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,339,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You are adorable hehe
I think he's trolling us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: