Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,849 times

Advertisements

If I had a choice I'd consider Heathrow area near Lake Mary and Seminole County private schools--Lake Mary Prep. Although the schools are highly rated, there are discrepancies regarding FCAT reporting and the lack of criminal behavior reports for minors.

I'd also consider Celebration, FL and their public schools.

I'd also consider Dr. Phillips area within a gated community. The schools are great, but be aware that preppy substance abusers are within these upscale communities--we do live in the real world.

Palm Beach has the best schools in the State with the highest graduation rates 70%. They also have the highest FCAT scores in the State of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 05:03 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabithaHead View Post
If I had a choice I'd consider Heathrow area near Lake Mary and Seminole County private schools--Lake Mary Prep. Although the schools are highly rated, there are discrepancies regarding FCAT reporting and the lack of criminal behavior reports for minors.

I'd also consider Dr. Phillips area within a gated community. The schools are great, but be aware that preppy substance abusers are within these upscale communities--we do live in the real world.

Palm Beach has the best schools in the State with the highest graduation rates 70%. They also have the highest FCAT scores in the State of Florida.
Pb? They aren't even in the top ten

https://app2.fldoe.org/Ranking/Districts/

Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:

Uhhh... what? What makes you think Dr. Phillips is some sort of drug haven?

Old 12-29-2021, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,455 times
Default Windermere is very safe, Horizon West not as much

The inner part of Windermere has always been safe but I have heard many crimes that take place in the Horizon West Area, which is another suburb just west of Windermere. Many car burglaries and home break ins happen per month in different neighborhoods which I have been a victim of. I live near an area in horizon where there have been four or five confirmed shootings. It may not be as bad as I’m making it sound, but these are my experiences living here and people should still be cautious. It is still a beautiful area with amazing homes and quiet neighborhoods. I would stay away from Summerport and Lakeside which lies on state road 535.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:03 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:

Actually that would be the Jacksonville metro area with St Johns County, Clay County and Nassau County ranking #1, # 4 and #10 in the state respectively, out of 62 school districts.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:47 AM

117 posts, read 39,197 times
The post you are responding to was eight years old.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:05 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Once they arrested the Chief of police, the area got even better. It's true they dont like anyone over the speed limit, even 1 mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando