Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 09:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times

Advertisements

[quote=JustJoy;36739821]Morning, y’all
The kid is a bit under the weather, so before I turn in super early
let’s take a peek at . . . .

Today's Questions:
So speaking of feeling a bit crappy lol, asked my son to send me some things I can’t find here (and was
real specific about brand etc.). Bless his little heart, in order to be able to send me more/higher quantity
he bought generic. In a lot of cases generic is just as good as the name brand - but not always, as I found
out Package finally arrived - yea Saw it wasn’t what I asked for, but tried it anyway. Had an allergic
reaction Wasn’t feeling all that groovy to begin with, but really felt like afterwards (and still not
feeling up to par). The good thing (other than the fact it didn't kill me ) is that it did help me with
‘Today’s Questions’:

When was the last time someone sent you or bought you something - in an attempt to be kind - that
turned out having a less than desirable effect on you?
(Doesn’t have to be something that made you sick, could be something that maybe just disappointed you)

Did you tell them or just ‘grin and bear it’?
I would never tell them. I'd pretend to be pleased about it.
Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all?

No I've had pretty good luck with generic products. One of our RT's was sick with that crazy virus going around making kids really sick. He couldn't call in to work because it was OT and he needed the money. I was resource so I went to the store and bough him a decongestant. It was geberic and about two dollars cheaper with the same ingredients. It worked just as well.

Bonus Questions:
Today's Bonus Questions may not be picture-perfect, but they were relayed to us by our correspondent
in picturesque Central Arizona.

Let's talk about.. or ask about Cameras, for still pictures or videos.

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one
on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Select from the list below and include a short description if you
wish.

- Scenery?.....Especially the sun dog I saw in my 20's. It was incredible.
- Sunrise/Sunset?....Both. When I worked nights in the big box hospital a lot of us would go up to the 6th floor cat walk and watch the sun rise. Some of them were incredible.
- Something at a sports event?
- A pet doing something crazy?...Just recently. Joey laid across Howie's legs and it looked like Howie was holding him like a baby.
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking?...Not yet but when I see the seniors holding hands with a sick loved one and they're both taking a nap it melts my heart and makes me want to cry sometimes. Especially if I know the end is coming soon for one of them. Sometimes life is just too harsh.
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event?....Yes I wish I had one when my friend and I saw the UFO hoovering over her house.
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him? I think I might be too busy running away.
- A situation that was developing?
A couple of nights ago I saw a couple of deer yearlings in the park while walking the boys. They both jumped over a pretty tall fence back lit by a street light. That would have been a nice picture.
Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)?

My phone doesn't take pictures, or have the internet. Most of the time it's sleeping on the table.

Today in History:

1883 - Orient Express' 1st run, linking Turkey to Europe by rail
1949 - United Nations' permanent New York City headquarters is dedicated
1977 - Pier 39 opens in San Francisco
1984 - U.S. government closes down due to budget problems
2010 - Scientists working near Kokoda, Papua New Guinea uncover world's oldest known high altitude human
settlement, estimated to be 49,000 years old
2012 - The FBI claim to have completed its investigation into the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in
Libya in one day

Quote of the Day:

On that note, have a great weekend and

Thanks JustJoy you too. We hired the fence contractor yesterday and should have a new fence before Halloween. Lets hope we have some nice days to get it stained before the snow flies. Today is one of my shorties birthdays and we're going to a movie and dinner with friends tonight. It's going to be a fun 4 days off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 10:07 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Morning, y’all
The kid is a bit under the weather, so before I turn in super early let’s take a peek at . . . .

Today's Questions:
So speaking of feeling a bit crappy lol, asked my son to send me some things I can’t find here (and was
real specific about brand etc.). Bless his little heart, in order to be able to send me more/higher quantity
he bought generic. In a lot of cases generic is just as good as the name brand - but not always, as I found
out Package finally arrived - yea Saw it wasn’t what I asked for, but tried it anyway. Had an allergic reaction Wasn’t feeling all that groovy to begin with, but really felt like afterwards (and still not feeling up to par). The good thing (other than the fact it didn't kill me ) is that it did help me with
‘Today’s Questions’:

When was the last time someone sent you or bought you something - in an attempt to be kind - that turned out having a less than desirable effect on you?
(Doesn’t have to be something that made you sick, could be something that maybe just disappointed you) - Can't think of anything yet.. It's too early... But if it's a medication of any kind, it has to be one that doesn't affect my blood sugar levels.. Like sugar-free cough medications. That's why most of the times I get my own medications.

Did you tell them or just ‘grin and bear it’? - Oh sure, I told myself not to get that stuff anymore...

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all?
- Hmm... I don't think they make a Generic Equivalent of the Chevrolet Camaro.. or the Lamborghini Murcielago.. or a Boeing airliner... With medications, like Insulin vials, I have no choice but brand names, I don't think they make any generic equivalent.

Bonus Questions:
Today's Bonus Questions may not be picture-perfect, but they were relayed to us by our correspondent

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Select from the list below and include a short description if you wish.

- Scenery? - I don't go sight-seeing without a camera..
- Sunrise/Sunset? - <--------<< That happens a lot..
- A pet doing something crazy? - <--------<< A video camera would have been helpful..
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking? - Not yet.. but I'm waiting for Wit-nit to do something like that....
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event? - There was a limousine parked infront of my house one time and a guy named Guido walked out.. I'm not sure what language he spoke but it sounded alien.. - Actually, I've never seen a UFO or anything super-natural, yet...
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him? - I met Big Foot's daughter and I took her out to dinner, but her parents didn't like me... - Actually, there were times when I saw wild-life roaming around in the woods, and it wasn't Big Foot, or Tarzan.. Black bears, elk, deer and other wild-life.
- A situation that was developing? - There was a police chase on one of our freeways about a year ago, I had to pull over into the emergency lane, and I wasn't about to join the chase with a camera... Well, I didn't have one with me anyways..

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)?
- There were times when I've used the one on my cell phone while seeing beautiful sunsets. The quality of the pictures wasn't as great as the ones on my regular digital camera..

On that note, have a great weekend and - Wow, I hope you'll be feeling better soon, Joy.. Everyone have a fun Saturday.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:33 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,288 times
When was the last time someone sent you or bought you something - in an attempt to be kind - that
turned out having a less than desirable effect on you?
Probably last X-mas. Relatives buy me clothes all the time. I admit that I could really care less about the clothes I wear and don't really need more. I usually end up returning them for a refund without telling them. (let's hope they're not reading this post right now!)

I grin and bear it. I put on a fake smile and thank you. I'm quite used to it and have no reason to believe anything will be different this year.
We've had lots of such experiences at our house. We call them "dollar disasters"!

Bonus Questions:

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one
on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Select from the list below and include a short description if you
wish.

- Scenery?
- Sunrise/Sunset?
- A pet doing something crazy? This one definitely, multiple times.
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking?
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event?
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him?

In most of those cases, I wish I had our actual camera. My cell phone camera isn't very good.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:33 PM

38,869 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post

turned out having a less than desirable effect on you? A few months ago, my mom bought me a carton of ice cream that was on sale. She thought I liked this particular flavor (chocolate chip) but I was actually hoping for chocolate chip cookie dough. The store she bought it from had it, too.
(Doesn’t have to be something that made you sick, could be something that maybe just disappointed you)
I got my chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream today! My mom made sure to call me first before she bought it. It's been hot all day so I'm going to partake of some pretty soon here.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
‘Today’s Questions’:

turned out having a less than desirable effect on you? I don't think that has ever happened to me.

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all? Yes, I have tried generics and honestly haven't thought any of them were better that the name brand I usually get.

Bonus Questions:

wish.

- Scenery?
- Sunrise/Sunset?
- A pet doing something crazy?
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking?
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event?
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him?

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)? Usually my camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics