Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 05:42 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,064,101 times

Advertisements

Morning, y’all
The kid is a bit under the weather, so before I turn in super early
let’s take a peek at . . . .

Today's Questions:
So speaking of feeling a bit crappy lol, asked my son to send me some things I can’t find here (and was
real specific about brand etc.). Bless his little heart, in order to be able to send me more/higher quantity
he bought generic. In a lot of cases generic is just as good as the name brand - but not always, as I found
out Package finally arrived - yea Saw it wasn’t what I asked for, but tried it anyway. Had an allergic
reaction Wasn’t feeling all that groovy to begin with, but really felt like afterwards (and still not
feeling up to par). The good thing (other than the fact it didn't kill me ) is that it did help me with
‘Today’s Questions’:

When was the last time someone sent you or bought you something - in an attempt to be kind - that
turned out having a less than desirable effect on you?
(Doesn’t have to be something that made you sick, could be something that maybe just disappointed you)

Did you tell them or just ‘grin and bear it’?

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all?

Bonus Questions:
Today's Bonus Questions may not be picture-perfect, but they were relayed to us by our correspondent
in picturesque Central Arizona.

Let's talk about.. or ask about Cameras, for still pictures or videos.

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one
on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Select from the list below and include a short description if you
wish.

- Scenery?
- Sunrise/Sunset?
- Something at a sports event?
- A pet doing something crazy?
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking?
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event?
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him?
- A situation that was developing?

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)?

Today in History:

1883 - Orient Express' 1st run, linking Turkey to Europe by rail
1949 - United Nations' permanent New York City headquarters is dedicated
1977 - Pier 39 opens in San Francisco
1984 - U.S. government closes down due to budget problems
2010 - Scientists working near Kokoda, Papua New Guinea uncover world's oldest known high altitude human
settlement, estimated to be 49,000 years old
2012 - The FBI claim to have completed its investigation into the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in
Libya in one day

Quote of the Day:

On that note, have a great weekend and

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 05:43 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times
Smile Today’s Question: Saturday, 4 October 2014
Morning, y’all

Hope the "kid" gets well soon.

Today's Questions:
So speaking of feeling a bit crappy lol, asked my son to send me some things I can’t find here (and was
real specific about brand etc.). Bless his little heart, in order to be able to send me more/higher quantity
he bought generic. In a lot of cases generic is just as good as the name brand - but not always, as I found
out Package finally arrived - yea Saw it wasn’t what I asked for, but tried it anyway. Had an allergic
reaction Wasn’t feeling all that groovy to begin with, but really felt like afterwards (and still not
feeling up to par). The good thing (other than the fact it didn't kill me ) is that it did help me with
‘Today’s Questions’:

When was the last time someone sent you or bought you something - in an attempt to be kind - that
(Doesn’t have to be something that made you sick, could be something that maybe just disappointed you)

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all?

Bonus Questions:
Today's Bonus Questions may not be picture-perfect, but they were relayed to us by our correspondent

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one
on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Select from the list below and include a short description if you
wish.

- Scenery?
- Sunrise/Sunset?

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)?

Digital camera...don't leave home without it!

Today in History:

1984 - U.S. government closes down due to budget problems
2010 - Scientists working near Kokoda, Papua New Guinea uncover world's oldest known high altitude human
settlement, estimated to be 49,000 years old
2012 - The FBI claim to have completed its investigation into the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in
Libya in one day

Quote of the Day:

On that note, have a great weekend and
Thanks Joy!

Old 10-03-2014, 05:58 PM

21,613 posts, read 8,779,899 times
Today's Questions:

When was the last time someone sent you or bought you something - in an attempt to be kind - that turned out having a less than desirable effect on you?
Last Christmas
DH bought me a book I really didn't want. He meant well, but he doesn't understand my taste.
I kept my feelings to myself.

Yes, I tried Trader Joe's version of Cheerios, but they're not as good. It's as if General Mills gave them all the underbaked ones.

Bonus Questions:

wish.

- Scenery? An historic streetcar went by the cafe where I was dining, but I missed the shot.
- Sunrise/Sunset? I sometimes want to take a photo of the sunset but by the time I get my camera and set up the shot, the best part of the sunset has gone.

No, I was already using the cell phone camera in both cases.

Thanks, JustJoy. Sorry you're not feeling well. Best get-well wishes!

Old 10-03-2014, 06:05 PM

44,685 posts, read 61,823,270 times
Today's Questions:
A glass of warm lemonade with 4 shots of Jim Bean mixed in will cure most anything.

‘Today’s Questions’:

turned out having a less than desirable effect on you? Doesn’t have to be something that made you sick, could be something that maybe just disappointed you) Spouse has bought me things that didn't do anything for me a few times, and was a waste of money.

Did you tell them or just ‘grin and bear it’? Told her not to do it anymore without checking with me 1st.

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all? I've found most generics do not live up to the brand name products. Doctor mentioned that most generics use inferior fillers that dilute the effectiveness of the product.

Bonus Questions:
Today's Bonus Questions may not be picture-perfect, but they were relayed to us by our correspondent in picturesque Central Arizona.

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Many times.
Select from the list below and include a short description if you wish.

- Scenery? Sometimes.
- Sunrise/Sunset? Many times.
- Something at a sports event? Sometimes.
- A pet doing something crazy? Usually.
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking? Joined them.
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event? Aliens took my camera away and destroyed the pictures along with my mind.
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him? He asked me if I knew Mike, and when I said yes he chased me out of the woods and stole my lunchbox.
- A situation that was developing? See above.

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)? Didn't have it at the moment.

Joy, hope you get feeling better.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,946,207 times
Morning, y’all

Today's Questions:
‘Today’s Questions’:

I think it was back when someone gave me a birthday present and it bothered my allergies.

Did you tell them or just ‘grin and bear it’? I felt it was necessary to tell them so they wouldn't do it again and understand what I issue was.

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all? Yes,,, most of the time it's not as good as the name brand item.

Bonus Questions:

wish.

- Scenery? <<---- Yes
- Sunrise/Sunset? <<---- Yes
- Something at a sports event? No
- A pet doing something crazy? Once in a while
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking? {{{what}}} Yes I've seen *Magnum Mike*.
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event? ^^ See above.
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him? <<-- Not a chance
- A situation that was developing? <<--- Yes,, there have been several but nothing that comes to mind right now.

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)? No, didn't have it with me.......

Old 10-03-2014, 06:32 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,021,947 times
Today's Questions:
‘Today’s Questions’:

Nothing comes to mind.

I would probably grin and bear it

Being a drinker of cheap beer I drank my fair share of beer beer. Was usually even worse than animal beer.

Bonus Questions:

wish.

- Scenery?
- Sunrise/Sunset?

I have seen many airplanes around the world that I wish I have had a camera to take a picture of. Also once while flying over Africa we flew by a massive thunder cloud. There was lightning everywhere..

Nope

Old 10-03-2014, 06:34 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy;3Morning, y’all :)

Today's Questions:
out:rolleyes: Package finally arrived - yea:ok: Saw it wasn’t what I asked for, but tried it anyway. Had an allergic
reaction:eek::crying: Wasn’t feeling all that groovy to begin with, but really felt like :tape: afterwards (and still not
feeling up to par). The good thing (other than the fact it didn't kill me :ok::D) is that it did help me with
‘Today’s Questions’:

turned out having a less than desirable effect on you? Several months ago.

Did you tell them or just ‘grin and bear it’? I kept my mouth shut.

Have you ever tried the 'generic equivalent' of a product and it turned out not to be the 'equivalent' at all?Yes.

Bonus Questions:
in picturesque Central Arizona. :)

wish.

- Scenery?:ok:
- Sunrise/Sunset?:ok:
- Met Big Foot/Sasquatch while out in the woods and had lunch with him? :D

Did you end up using the camera on your wireless device (cell phone, tablet, etc.)?I don't own a cellphone.

Today in History:

1984 - U.S. government closes down due to budget problems:rolleyes:
settlement, estimated to be 49,000 years old:cool:
Libya in one day:rolleyes:

Quote of the Day:

On that note, have a great weekend and ;)
[url=http://smiles.int-world.com/smile.80485.html
[/url]
Rest up Joy, and hopefully by Monday you will be feeling better.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,412,965 times
Today’s Question: Saturday, 4 October 2014 Morning, y’all

Today's Questions:
‘Today’s Questions’:

I really can't recall a time when something was sent to me to make me happy that it didn't.

I use "Compare to..." brands a lot but sometimes they aren't really comparable.

Bonus Questions:

Have you ever been in one, or multiple rare moments where you wished you had a camera (besides the one on your cell phone) to capture the moment? Select from the list below and include a short description if you wish.

- Scenery? I wish I had taken more pics of a few natural places I knew about in New Mexico in the 1960s before the State was discovered.
- Sunrise/Sunset? Yes but we have those on most days.
- A human doing something crazy, like streaking? A guy flipping his car numerous times in front of me on the highway.
- A UFO landing with aliens walking out of it, or another super-natural event? No aliens but I wish I would have had a camera two summers ago when several daytime meteors left smoke trails through the clouds and across the sky above our farm and another time when a very bright late evening meteor lit up the highway I was on.

Everybody have a great weekend!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 PM

27,399 posts, read 27,449,310 times
Hmmm, something someone gave to me once, was a case of candy, but I could taste it was that fake sugar stuff, so I gave it away. Yes, it was a mean thing to do but then, they knew better but maybe just thought they could fool me.
I buy a lot of stuff generic but some things you just cant sacrifice. Like laundry or dish soaps.
Have a good evening all~~~

Old 10-03-2014, 07:54 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,186,494 times
last year
grinned
yes

yes
pet
nope

Papua New Guinea

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics