Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:16 AM

23,034 posts, read 34,470,734 times

Advertisements

I love to talk on the phone, I just love to talk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,767,141 times
I do not like to talk on the phone at all........
I usually have long conversations with my mother and sister.........

I am a chatty person but I think that because I work with children all day, it is great to talk to an adult.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,067,280 times
I have been "dilatory" long enough, no more if, and or buts about it, I have got to really find some time and answer yesterday's question.

Charley

Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,686,518 times
I'm a talker plain and simple. Many of you know this by the super long posts I pen here on cd.

The longest I have talked on the phone is around 3 to 4 hours!

I love to work and talk on the phone. I am a people person and work better with companionship. So, when I clean my house, I put on my headset and snap my phone to my jeans and talk away, it passes the time so much more pleasant and I am surprised at how much cleaning I got done!

Yet, on the other hand, if I am here in the office on deadline, have much work to do that involves thinking ( yeah, I do think sometimes lol) I hate when the phone rings, it distracts me way too much.

So, yeah, I love to talk on the phone, just during certain times and not while I'm working in the office.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,812,971 times
No I dont like talking on the phone and I also never check my voicemails......that and i can never remember the password

My sister and I can talk on the phone forever....she is the only person I can talk to for any length of time.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 AM

24,591 posts, read 26,161,584 times
Not a big phone person anymore, did enough of that when I was working. Did have some long calls many years ago with my now wife when we were dating and of course some long work related conference calls.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:43 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,453,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
We all know what day it is and I am sure there are a few folks out there doing the "tax tango " or the "tax tap dance" today so enough said about that

So drawing upon one of the events in history I will simply ask

Todays question:

Do you like to talk on the phone ?

Extra credit: Whats is the longest phone conversation you remember having?

Today in history:

April 15, 1877 1st telephone installed: Boston-Somerville, Massachusetts
April 15, 1955 Ray Kroc starts McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants in Illinois

Word of the day
:

reticent \RET-ih-suhnt\, adjective:
1. Inclined to keep silent; reserved; uncommunicative.
2. Restrained or reserved in style.
3. Reluctant; unwilling.

Today is:

National Glazed-Spiral Ham Day
it is also
National take a wild guess day
I like to talk on the phone if the person does not annoy me. My longest conversation was 2 or 3 hours.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:08 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,474,398 times
Do I like to talk on the phone? As a rule, N-O.

But I do enjoy catching-up with family and friends, so it becomes a necessary evil. It has been better since the advent of cordless phones, and I feel less tied to a cord in the wall, or something.

I do despise talking on a cell phone, however. Too small to hold comfortably in my hand, and I can hardly understand half of what is said.

Longest phone conversation? In spite of not liking to talk on one, I have had conversations with old friends that lasted well over an hour, maybe upwards of 2 - 3, and my sweetheart and I would listen to one another 'breathe.' He was out-of-town, and I was so used to sleeping with him beside me until I asked him to stay on the phone until I fell asleep.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:14 PM

845 posts, read 2,748,948 times
I love talking on the phone. I usually spend most of my evenings talking on the phone. A reason for that may be that I dont know too many people in the area I live in so most of my freetime is spent talking to my friends at home. My longest phone conversation was about 4 hours. I usually spend 3 to 4 hours a day talking to my friends.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:41 PM

2,409 posts, read 6,015,139 times
I hate talking on the phone (and I work in telecommunications )

I remember a 30 minutes conversation once. I think that's about as long as it gets with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics