Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times

Advertisements

I don't like talking on the phone for long periods of time. The longest I was ever on the phone had to be about 4 hours one time with my late uncles wife. The gal loves to talk.
I'm just not much of a phone person. I don't even like to call the pizza delivery people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I am reticent when it comes to talking on the phone. Seems too much like work to me. I have been known to end a long, drawn out call from a family member with, "Yeah, yeah, okay. Well, I'll talk to you later." I even ended a fledgling relationship because the guy wanted to call and chat every single day.

Karla- Just read your addendum. Yes, I am chatty (aren't I?!) in RL, off the phone. But on the phone, I do tend to be pretty abrupt, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 04-15-2008 at 04:05 PM..

Old 04-15-2008, 04:02 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
We all know what day it is and I am sure there are a few folks out there doing the "tax tango " or the "tax tap dance" today so enough said about that

So drawing upon one of the events in history I will simply ask

Todays question:

Do you like to talk on the phone ?
I have been known to spend a little bit of time on the phone.

Extra credit: Whats is the longest phone conversation you remember having?

As I recall the longest I've spent talking to someone on the phone was about 2 1/2 hours and belief me that was last time,that phone call cost me about $300....

Today in history:

April 15, 1877 1st telephone installed: Boston-Somerville, Massachusetts
April 15, 1955 Ray Kroc starts McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants in Illinois

Word of the day:

reticent \RET-ih-suhnt\, adjective:
1. Inclined to keep silent; reserved; uncommunicative.
2. Restrained or reserved in style.
3. Reluctant; unwilling.

It's kind of funny you would pick a word like that for today, especially with this group,You have got to be kidding.....

Today is:

National Glazed-Spiral Ham Day
it is also
National take a wild guess day
Let me take a wild guess?????..

Old 04-15-2008, 05:13 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Um, Im really not sure about that part, Mike, as much time as you spend 'in your room' and this hangup you seem to have over Victorias Secret, makes us all wonder, lol.!!
LOL.. you forgot Hooters also.

You also didn't mention the part about sending me to my room, which doesn't have a phone..

Now now LiveWire.. don't you start any rumors about me and a hang-up with Victoria's Secret, we all know it's just for fun.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times
Well . . .

I'm not the least bit reticent, and I LOVE talking to friends on the phone!

BC (before child), when dh traveled extensively, we'd usually have 1-2 hour nightly chats. If he was on extended travel, some of the chats went 4+ hours. Since my bestest friends don't live nearby, calls to them usually last 1-2 hours, occasionally going to 3 hours. My very bestest friend used to live in the building next door to me, and we'd opt to chat on the phone for a couple of hours several times a week rather than traipse over to each other's places. Even my phone talkative dh couldn't figure that one out!

Heck, I don't even have to know a person to chat with them on the phone! I've gotten into extended chats with business acquaintances and telemarketers. Once, when I was housesitting for dh before we were married, one of his friends called to wish him a happy birthday. Since dh was AWOL for three months, the friend got me instead. We chatted for close to two hours, and I didn't even know him! In actuality, he was probably so shocked to hear a girl answer the phone that he kept me talking just so he could figure out how serious my relationship was with his buddy.

Funny thing, though . . . I NEVER talked on the phone as a teenager.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:23 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
As a Realtor I had to learn to talk on the 'phone. Not my favorite method of exchanging thoughts, ideas or information. I prefer to see a person, watch their body language, listen to voice inflections, and make eye contact. Longest conversation on the 'phone had to be with sons at one time or another. They both live in other states and I can listen to them forever.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:35 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,278 times
Yes I like to talk on the phone. I have a friend that talks for hours ,also my mother and mother in law need me to check on them everyday! I talk on the phone all day at work. I even talk to wrong numbers. Once I was calling my preachers wife about a wedding and started just blabbing away when she answered. I had called the wrong number but the lady that answered the phone gave me some very good advise and we talked about 30 minutes and when we started to hang up she told me she really enjoyed the conversation and call again sometime.lol

Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I LOVE to talk on the phone. Whats your number Karla???

heehee

Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
Hope 2008 is going well for everybody.... imagine what you will be doing in a year from now..!!

Todays question:

Do you like to talk on the phone ? depends on who is calling... usually not

Extra credit: Whats is the longest phone conversation you remember having? probably one of my brothers.... we could go an hour easily

Today in history:

April 15, 1877 1st telephone installed: Boston-Somerville, Massachusetts
April 15, 1955 Ray Kroc starts McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants in Illinois Oakbrook to be exact

Word of the day
: I think Karla makes up some of these works

reticent \RET-ih-suhnt\, adjective:
1. Inclined to keep silent; reserved; uncommunicative.
2. Restrained or reserved in style.
3. Reluctant; unwilling.

Today is:

National Glazed-Spiral Ham Day
it is also
National take a wild guess day False..?

I wonder how many of you are thinking that Karla screwed up the date again.... (no I'm not drinking)

Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,498,348 times
Lightbulb Ugh..........................

Quote:
I wonder how many of you are thinking that Karla screwed up the date again.... (no I'm not drinking)

Thanks, for the heart attack, GG... now go to your room!!!!
hope everyone has their tax stuff finished.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics