Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 09:49 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,150,008 times

Advertisements

I am not stopping my hosting of Fryday Fill-Ins, for the official record!
I will try harder!

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-17-2023 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 10:26 AM

24,510 posts, read 26,051,503 times
Happy to have you here my friends! Thank you!
Happy to be here Roosty.

~ Do you think that when people type or write that they should adhere to the strict set of grammatical rules or should they have freedom to write with their own style that they wish to in order to be unique and/ artistic?
Writing in their own style is acceptable, adhering to grammatical rules would be dependent on a few things.

~ Have you ever done any reading in the long-running thread called, "I can't take it any more" in the Writing Forum?
I have, but not in several years

~ If you have read any of that thread, have you ever found any referrals to a thread that you have ever posted?
No

~ Do you think that thread is okay?
It must be for some.

~ Have you ever read a book written by Mark Twain?

~ Did you enjoy it?

Do you think that all music and art should be restricted to some sort of standard set of rules?
No, it's a one size does not fit all.

Should all people have the same knowledge as everyone else?
[b]It should be available, hopefully people take advantage of it.[b]
Is there ever 'bullying' that is acceptable?
Bullying is never acceptable.

Friday Questions are hereby abandoned by me. I won't burden any of those perfect people any more.
I still love most of you, in my own unique way!

Thanx Roosty, looking forward to Next FRYDAYS Q's.

Old 11-17-2023, 11:10 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,150,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Do you think that when people type or write that they should adhere to the strict set of grammatical rules or should
they have freedom to write with their own style that they wish to in order to be unique and/ artistic?

No! Not everybody is the same!

~ Have you ever done any reading in the long-running thread called, "I can't take it any more" in the Writing Forum?

Yes, unfortunately. It began as a fun thread and evolved into a thread of offensive infraction-worthy trash by some
habitual members, often times referring to what I consider to be racist driven crap.

~ If you have read any of that thread, have you ever found any referrals to a thread that you have ever posted?

Yes, at least once or twice that originally were posted by me, written in humor about me having met Chef
Boy-R-Dee. I guess some people are really different than others (thankfully!).

Not anymore, no. I see it as a thread that can cause people great emotional harm...or worse.

Yes I have and I learned something about artistic expression through writing.

~ Did you enjoy it?

Indeed, I did!

Do you think that all music and art should be restricted to some sort of standard set of rules?

Nahhh. Then we would all sound like The Monkees.!

God no, we have enough problems with one Dr. Phil already!

It all leads to a better use for the Tree Shredding truck. (The bullies for the truck shredder.)

Not in my opinion. I am kind.

My eyes teared up when I saw on YouTube a lady making a pot of chicken broth with one bag of little egg noodles
to feed the whole family of 5 for the entire day!

NO, I AM NOT GIVING UP THE FRYDAY FILL-INS!!! I WILL WHEN I DIE!!!

Old 11-17-2023, 11:19 AM

14,808 posts, read 8,137,037 times
Quote:
Happy to be here!
~ Do you think that when people type or write that they should adhere to the strict set of grammatical rules or should
they have freedom to write with their own style that they wish to in order to be unique and/ artistic?
IDK, I guess go with their own style mostly, but trying to follow a less rigid but basic set of grammar rules...but depends on the situation I guess...
I have never read that.

Not sure, never read it.
Sure, he was brilliant.
~ Did you enjoy it?
Yes.
No
No, people have different IQ levels, different levels of educational acuity.
Some people are smarter in one area and some in another.

No
I agree, you do seem kind.
Friday Questions are hereby abandoned by me. I won't burden any of those perfect people any more.
No such thing as perfect people (although some people think they are) and I hope not...
I really look forward to your Friday Fill-Ins and your posts about Kitty Buttercup too.

Thanks for the questions Roosty.

Old 11-17-2023, 11:20 AM

14,808 posts, read 8,137,037 times
Quote:
I will try harder!

I am very glad to read this!

Old 11-17-2023, 12:46 PM

35,188 posts, read 17,102,781 times
Happy to have you here my friends! Thank you! Thanks as always for the questions

~ Do you think that when people type or write that they should adhere to the strict set of grammatical rules or should they have freedom to write with their own style that they wish to in order to be unique and/ artistic? Freedom unless for work

~ Have you ever done any reading in the long-running thread called, "I can't take it any more" in the Writing Forum? Once in a while

~ If you have read any of that thread, have you ever found any referrals to a thread that you have ever posted? No

~ Do you think that thread is okay? Yes

~ Have you ever read a book written by Mark Twain? I've read a bunch by Samuel Clemens

~ Did you enjoy it? Yes, and it was the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and something about frogs.

Do you think that all music and art should be restricted to some sort of standard set of rules? No

Should all people have the same knowledge as everyone else? No

Is there ever 'bullying' that is acceptable? I can't think of any

Not in my opinion. I am kind. Yes you are.

Friday Questions are hereby abandoned by me. Please stay! I won't burden any of those perfect people any more. I still love most of you, in my own unique way!

Old 11-17-2023, 12:48 PM

35,188 posts, read 17,102,781 times
Quote:
I will try harder!
I echo Crazy Cat Lady.

Old 11-17-2023, 01:27 PM

903 posts, read 584,805 times

I think the context is important. If you are writing something on a forum and it isn't the grammar thread, then have at it. But there are certainly times in life when rules should be followed - like resumes, job letters, manuals, etc. : O)

I don't believe so. Sounds like, I might not want to.

Yes - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

~ Did you enjoy it?
Yes

No, I don't think it would be very interesting. But, if you are doing it as a profession, than you have to find people that like what you are doing. And if you are doing it for a school class, probably will have to be liked by the teacher and follow the rules they have set.

Drawing is not my strong suit. I took an Art class in HS. I had a 83% before the final which was multiple choice. I can memorize terms and such. The final was supposed to be 50% of the grade. I aced the final which should have given me an "A". Almost everyone else in the glass did poorly so the teacher was doing to change the weighting. But, I argued my case and was rewarded with my A. : O)

Maybe people should have equal access and it is up to them to absorb the knowledge they want. Of course, this would vary greatly upon where you live. The US has a large network of Libraries so that folks

I can't think of when bullying would be okay. But, we are currently dealing with my ailing father who probably feels like he is being bullied, but we are trying to help him make some decisions that would give him a far better environment than he is in.

I read that you are sticking around. I am glad. Sounded like he has a bad interaction with someone. Sorry if that is the case.

Stay tough.
cd : O)

Old 11-17-2023, 02:34 PM

50,400 posts, read 64,106,567 times
Happy to have you here my friends! Thank you! Wow, I almost forgot. My wifi was out this morning.

~ Do you think that when people type or write that they should adhere to the strict set of grammatical rules or should they have freedom to write with their own style that they wish to in order to be unique and/ artistic? I like writing colloquially sometimes. I ain’t fixin’ to do it right now, but maybe tomorrow.

~ Have you ever done any reading in the long-running thread called, "I can't take it any more" in the Writing Forum? I’ve posted things there, but never seen my own words there.

~ If you have read any of that thread, have you ever found any referrals to a thread that you have ever posted? ^^^

~ Do you think that thread is okay? Yes. It’s fun.

~ Have you ever read a book written by Mark Twain? I know I’ve read Tom Sawyer, but not sure what else.

~ Did you enjoy it? Probably not, if I was forced to read it.

Do you think that all music and art should be restricted to some sort of standard set of rules? Certainly not.

Should all people have the same knowledge as everyone else? Wouldn’t that be boring?

Is there ever 'bullying' that is acceptable? I think there might be virtue in bullying a bully.

Not in my opinion. I am kind. If you could frighten off a bully who was picking on a old lady or a child, wouldn’t you feel good about it?

Old 11-17-2023, 03:17 PM

9,732 posts, read 14,286,897 times
~ Do you think that when people type or write that they should adhere to the strict set of grammatical rules No
or should they have freedom to write with their own style that they wish to in order to be unique and/ artistic? Yes

~ Have you ever done any reading in the long-running thread called, "I can't take it any more" in the Writing Forum? No, I never read or posted in the Writing Forum
~ If you have read any of that thread, have you ever found any referrals to a thread that you have ever posted? N/A

~ Do you think that thread is okay? Don't Know

~ Have you ever read a book written by Mark Twain? Yes

~ Did you enjoy it? I read a Mark Twain book when I was in the 4th grade.....which was in 1949. I don't remember if I enjoyed it or not.

Do you think that all music and art should be restricted to some sort of standard set of rules? No

Should all people have the same knowledge as everyone else? No, and it's not possible

Is there ever 'bullying' that is acceptable? No

I still love most of you, in my own unique way! Thanks, Roosty! I enjoy your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics