Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,654,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
PS. Do not nuke crayons.

My dd left some crayons in the back seat of my car once - - - in the summer! My carpet was covered in pink, green and blue melted crayon! What a mess!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,967,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
My dd left some crayons in the back seat of my car once - - - in the summer! My carpet was covered in pink, green and blue melted crayon! What a mess!!

An old rag and a hot iron will pick up most of it. Or one could just get a new car.....

Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,654,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
An old rag and a hot iron will pick up most of it. Or one could just get a new car.....

I chose the new car option - - only after the tranny went out! I have tried a paper bag and hot iron for candle spills before, and it worked great!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,363,475 times
I'm a laggard here today - looks like everyone else beat me to the punch! Ah, well, better late than never.

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "nuked" in your microwave ?

Lordy, that's a stretch. Probably melting butter for something that I was baking; we don't use the microwave very often.

Bonus Question :

Have you ever walked out of a movie ?

Despite the fact that I hardly ever go to the movies (it's been over a decade since I was last in a movie theater), I have indeed walked out of movies, twice in fact.

oh and How come ?

I have a very low tolerance for blood-n-guts-n-gore. When my spouse and I were dating back in the late 70s, we did go to movies regularly, like most dating couples do (it's a cheap way to spend a couple of hours and maybe get a snuggle besides). He took me to a movie called "The Eyes of Laura Mars," which was billed as a detective-thriller type of flick. About 15 minutes into the film, there was a close-up of someone getting stabbed in the eye with an icepick, and I made a speedy exit to the lobby, doing my best not to upchuck on the way. As it turned out, he was as grossed out as I was, and followed me about 5 minutes later when the next eyeball exploded in living technicolor on the screen.

The other one I walked out of was Braveheart. My spouse described it as primarily a history, somewhat fictionalized, and since I like history, I went along with him. The only seats we could find were in about the third row, and I spent most of the movie with my head down and my hand over my eyes. When it got to the point where they were about to torture the poor sod to death, I gave up and just left.

Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up
How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ?

Actually, what I'd love most of all would be to just have TIME to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book. I haven't had that much time on my hands in the past three decades.

Are you the type that
always stayed inside the lines
or
wandered outside them in the name of creativity

It's been so long that I honestly can't recall.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,618,179 times
Today's Question(s):
What was the last thing you "nuked" in your microwave ? A Banquet Meal for a snack for my DH!!!
Bonus Question :
Have you ever walked out of a movie ? Well, yes. Isn't that the normal way to leave? Walking, that is????...I mean I don't recall running or jumping, tho' come to think of it, I may have skipped along when I was a kid!!!

oh and How come ? How come I walked? Well the ushers really frowned on running and/or crawling or any other method of leaving the theater.

Extra Credit Question: ok fess up
How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ? Oh, I still do. They don't let me have pens or pencils yet, but I'm working on it. Shouldn't be long now, if I continue to be a good girl.

Are you the type that always stayed inside the lines or wandered outside them in the name of creativity. Always stay within the lines. Of course I always draw the lines in a darker shade of the colour being used. And draw other things around the subject matter.
B]Word of the Day:

chimerical \ky-MER-ih-kuhl; -MIR-; kih-\, adjective: I believe that this may be my middle name...
1. Merely imaginary; produced by or as if by a wildly fanciful imagination; fantastic; improbable or unrealistic.
2. Given to or indulging in unrealistic fantasies or fantastic schemes.

Good Evening everyone!! Hi there, Karla.....

Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 PM

3,970 posts, read 8,541,277 times
Today's Question(s):

I heated up some leftover lasagna yesterday for lunch. DW reheated some scalloped potatoes and baked beans this evening. Even though that was for me, I didn't actually use the microwave today.

Bonus Question :

Have you ever walked out of a movie ? Just once, we walked out of Titanic.

oh and How come ? The strobe lights when the ship was sinking were making us sick. We have watched the movie several times at home since then with no problems. We just couldn't take it at the theater.

Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up
How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ?
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,

Are you the type that
or
Is that what those lines were for????

Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,878,730 times

Pizza. Tonight

Bonus Question :

No, I just fall asleep.

oh and How come ?

Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up

Absolutely!!!!

Are you the type that
or

Inside the lines and used shading as well.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,554,242 times
Today's Question(s):

Leftover Pizza Hut pizza last night.
Bonus Question :

Yes, a long time ago. I walked out of Johnathan Livingston Seagull, and Harold and Maude. Now I had no idea Harold and Maude was a comedy (for the most part) and now I love the movie. The movie begins with what you think is Harold dead and hanging. My girlfriend saw that and said, forget it, let's get out of here. Years later I saw it and loved it.
oh and How come ?

Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up
Me!
Are you the type that
or
Oh I was anal, I stayed in the lines lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics