Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 05:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

I have a hold today on the 12 day theme because I started this on the exercise thread and today is a very special day over on the thread.
One of our longest thread members fuzzymystic's son is coming home today from Iraq !!!
She has flown out to be there for his homecoming so todays exercise is dedicated to him !!!
You all are welcome to stop by and add your welcome home wishes !!!

Either now or after you have answered

Today's Question(s):
So know we know what you don't want,what you have hinted for so lets see what else can we discover

I can not wait to see _________ face when they open up the _________ I got them for Christmas ?

Extra Credit Question:

Not to cause a panic, but tomorrow is Christmas Eve !!!

What last minute things do you still have left to do ?

Bonus Question:
I was having this discussion with a friend the other day

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant or find somewhere else to go ?

Today in History:
1788 - Maryland votes to cede a 10 mile area for District of Columbia
1919 - Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace
1968 - Borman, Lovell and Anders become 1st men to orbit Moon
1968 - 1st U.S. case of space motion sickness

Word of the Day:
clinquant \KLING-kunt\ , adjective, noun;
1. Glittering with gold or silver; tinseled.
noun:
1. Tinsel

Today is:
National Pfeffernuesse Day
Economists Day
Festivus Appreciation Day
Don't Run Out of Tape & Wrapping Paper Day

Last edited by FLPL75; 12-23-2009 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: typo lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,143,707 times
Good morning! What a beautiful day! Wonderful news that your friend will see her son!

Today's Question(s):
So know we know what you don't want,what you have hinted for so lets see what else can we discover

I can not wait to see DD's face when they open up the ZhuZhu pet I got them for Christmas ?

Extra Credit Question:

What last minute things do you still have left to do ? I still have to pick up vegetables & a bakery yule log from the stores.

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant of find somewhere else to go ? Definately find a new place to go! I think we all get food poisoning more often then we realize!

Have a great day!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Will be stopping by with well wishes for your friend Karla!! That's wonderful!!

Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see my 13 year old cousin's face when they open up the small present in the BIG box I got them for Christmas ?

Extra Credit Question:

I'm finally done ya'll!!! Woo Hoo!

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant of find somewhere else to go ?
I would find somewhere else to go until they got their act together.....don't like unsanitary conditions when it comes to food

Word of the Day:
noun:
1. Tinsel
Oh my, I LOVE all things "clinquant"!!!

Today is:
National Pfeffernuesse Day............................must look that one up
Economists Day...........................................I guess they deserve one
Festivus Appreciation Day.............................ok I'll throw a "festivus"
Don't Run Out of Tape & Wrapping Paper Day...no worries here about that!!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Three cheers for fuzzymystic and her beloved son! I know they will have a joyful time together.

Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see
all of my family's faces when they open up the gifts I got them for Christmas?
Nothing particularly spectacular this year, just lots of small stuff that I hope will be fun.

Extra Credit Question:

What last minute things do you still have left to do?

Wait for the roofer to show up and pray that our homeowner's insurance covers ice dams.

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant of find somewhere else to go?

Oh, I'd go elsewhere. I've worked in restaurants when I was younger, and I know that most of the time, the actual violations they find and write up are the tip of the iceberg - there's a lot more wrong than that.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 12-23-2009 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-23-2009, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see Hubbys face when he opens up the big fuzzy robe I got him for Christmas ?

especial since it is a very chilly morning here in NE FL there is even frost on the cars. He is sitting there with a blanket around his shoulders yup hes gonna love the robe !!!

Extra Credit Question:

Lets see, buy the prime rib for Christmas dinner, pick up a few more stocking stuffer's for hubby's stocking,a card hmmm wow I actually think that's it !!!

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant or find somewhere else to go ?

Nope !! I would have to find a new place ,I use to love to go to this one breakfast place near my MIL's then I found out from someone that they are always having "issues" when they get inspected and then they said the "omg you should see the condition of the kitchen". I haven't been back since.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:36 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see my wife's face when she opens up the chocolate I got her for Christmas ?

Extra Credit Question:

What last minute things do you still have left to do ? Just cook the pulled pork tomorrow.

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant or find somewhere else to go ? It might depend on the violations. If not known I'd move on.

Today in History:
1788 - Maryland votes to cede a 10 mile area for District of Columbia
1919 - Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace
1968 - Borman, Lovell and Anders become 1st men to orbit Moon
1968 - 1st U.S. case of space motion sickness

Word of the Day:
noun:
1. Tinsel

Today is:
National Pfeffernuesse Day
Economists Day
Festivus Appreciation Day Never mind, I was reading that Festus from Gunsmoke.
Don't Run Out of Tape & Wrapping Paper Day

Old 12-23-2009, 05:41 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see __my son's_______ face when they open up the _box________ I got them for Christmas ? We paid off his new motorcycle.

Extra Credit Question:

What last minute things do you still have left to do ? Not a thing! Just sitting back and "cruisin'"!

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant or find somewhere else to go ?I think I would have to know exactly what they were sited for...just how serious of citations and go from there.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:43 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see __everyone's_______ face when they open up the __nothing_______ I got them for Christmas ?

We aren't doing presents, just dinner.
Extra Credit Question:

Just cook.

Bonus Question:

I would go somewhere else.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:46 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,364 times
Good Morning! Please be careful out there travelling everyone!

Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see _________ face when they open up the _________ I got them for Christmas ?
It would be nice to see my FILs face when he opens the flat screen TV that the family all pitched in on. He is spending the next few days with my BIL so we will just have to hear about it later.
Extra Credit Question:

Baking, wrapping, and if the weather cooperates just a gift or 2 to pick up yet.
Bonus Question:

Depends on if it is rumor or fact. So many times what you hear is not what is true.

Word of the Day:
1. Glittering with gold or silver; tinseled. This is me and my tree! Today I will be wearing bells ~ have some on my shoes, 2 bracelets, 2 necklaces and also have earrings but think that might be a little too much! LOL!
noun:
1. Tinsel Our tree is not finished until I have the tinsel all over ~ the loose strands only.

Today is:
National Pfeffernuesse Day My grandmother used to make this - I miss it. Around town here they tend to make small pieces that they call "Pepper Nuts"
Economists Day
Festivus Appreciation Day
Don't Run Out of Tape & Wrapping Paper Day This won't happen here, I bought extra this year.

Whether or not you celebrate Christmas - I wish everyone a very happy holiday season!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:47 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Your CD mate must be excited beyond belief that her son is coming home!! Always love to hear this

Well, we are getting a hugh storm Christmas Eve/Day - 12+" of the heavy wet stuff. The light fluffy stuff is OK - the wet stuff - blech!

Today's Question(s):

I can not wait to see my friend's faces when they open up the framed group pic of all of us from our younger crazy days_ I got them for Christmas ?

Extra Credit Question:

What last minute things do you still have left to do ? Pick up some good wine

Bonus Question:

If you found out a favorite restaurant that you go to a lot was sited with a bunch of violations during the last inspection, would you still go to the restaurant or find somewhere else to go ? Elsewhere

Happy Holidays to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics