Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,133,047 times

Advertisements

Morning all

The ? 0' the day is under construction so "please continue holding as your input is very important to us, somebody will be with you shortly (que hold music)
"la la la fa la la "

yay all done so lets make it official

Happy Wednesday everyone
lol there was frost on the cars and roofs this morning
thats all I am going to say about that

Though I can't wait to see what you all have to say about

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "nuked" in your microwave ?

Bonus Question :

Have you ever walked out of a movie ?

oh and How come ?

Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up
How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ?

Are you the type that
always stayed inside the lines
or
wandered outside them in the name of creativity

Today in History:
1766 1st fire escape patented, wicker basket on a pulley and chain
1862 John D. Lynde patents aerosol dispenser
1879 Milk was sold in glass bottles for 1st time
1893 The Critic reports that ice cream soda is our national drink

Word of the Day:
chimerical \ky-MER-ih-kuhl; -MIR-; kih-\, adjective:
1. Merely imaginary; produced by or as if by a wildly fanciful imagination; fantastic; improbable or unrealistic.
2. Given to or indulging in unrealistic fantasies or fantastic schemes.

Today is:

National Empañada Day
Astronomy Day
Trading Cards for Grown-ups Day
International Feng Shui Awareness Day
Zoo Lovers Day
Draw a Picture of a Bird Day

Last edited by FLPL75; 04-08-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,151,363 times

holding, holding, holding

What kind of music do you suppose is on Karla's hold line?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,676,819 times
I'm hanging. Thanks tabps for the music while we wait.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,048,366 times
I'm on the run today. I have a number of appointments away from home, so I don't know if I can wait for the questions. Therefore, here are my answers. If you wish to make questions of them, feel free.

The first time was a flight from Teterboro to Batesville, Ohio on a business trip to see the Hill-Rom bed company. They flew us out there on a Lear Jet. Very cool.

The Beatles, The Who, anything Motown, The Doobie Brothers, Queen, many others

Chocolate Fudge - Of course, YAY.

It's been 35 years since Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's home run record and he did it without steroids! I still say that is the legitimate lifetime home run record and I don't know if anyone will ever break it without pharmaceutical assistance.

OK. Those are my answers. Got some questions for them?

Last edited by Gone-2-Beach; 04-08-2009 at 07:01 AM..

Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 AM

Today's Question(s):

That would be my left over quesadilla for lunch yesterday.
Bonus Question :

nope
oh and How come ?

Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up
How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ?
I could do this!
Are you the type that
or

um, I tired to stay inside the lines, but I guess the creative genious in me keep pushing the colors outside the lines!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 AM

Here is how it worked out Charley:

Today's Question(s):

The first time was a flight from Teterboro to Batesville, Ohio on a business trip to see the Hill-Rom bed company. They flew us out there on a Lear Jet. Very cool.
Bonus Question :

The Beatles, The Who, anything Motown, The Doobie Brothers, Queen, many others
oh and How come ?
Chocolate Fudge - Of course, YAY.
Extra Credit Question:

ok fess up

Are you the type that
or
It's been 35 years since Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's home run record and he did it without steroids! I still say that is the legitimate lifetime home run record and I don't know if anyone will ever break it without pharmaceutical assistance.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,777,521 times
Hi all! Woke up to about a quarter inch of snow this morning...kids were so excited, they both wanted to make a snowman at the bus stop! Hard to explain there's just not enough to do it!

What was the last thing you "nuked" in your microwave ? Yesterday for dinner, warmed up some mac n cheese for DS.

Have you ever walked out of a movie ? Yes, only one I can think of.

oh and How come ? The Color of Money--it was in high school and a bunch of us went to see it at the dollar movies...we were all so bored, about halfway through we all got up and left. It wasn't even worth a dollar, lol!

How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ? I do all the time with my kids! We have way too many crayons, and I hate to admit that 3 super huge boxes are actually ones DH and I both saved from childhood. How weird is that?

I always stayed inside the lines, I would even outline each color section in a darker color than what I colored the picture with...but I don't do that now, lol

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,048,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Here is how it worked out Charley:
That's a riot. I'm sitting here chuckling like an idiot.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
That's a riot. I'm sitting here chuckling like an idiot.
I especially like the walking out of a movie for chocolate fudge! If there is ever a reason to leave a movie, thats high on the list!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,409,606 times
What was the last thing you "nuked" in your microwave ? I haven't used the microwave since last summer for veggies. Being off grid makes you very conservative with electric. My husband did reheat his coffee a few weeks ago when the sun was out.

Have you ever walked out of a movie ? No. If I paid for it I stay no matter how miserable it is. Now I know better than to go to the movies. There is no creativity anymore. If I want to see it I can wait for the DVD to rent.

oh and How come ? I have fallen asleep because they were so boring.

How many of you still would love to sit down with a box of crayons and a coloring book ? Shh. You looked in my office cabinet. I still like to color with the grandkids. I also just bought some Mad Libs(remember those?) but I think I'm more excited about them than the kids, lol.

Are you the type that
or

I'm neat and precise. I draw a darker border line and then very neatly color the rest of the picture. Ha, I'm the same way in life. Neat and organized.

International Feng Shui Awareness Day Another fad, at least in America, that brainwashed people to spend more money, lol.

Zoo Lovers Day I haven't been to one in years.

Draw a Picture of a Bird Day- I can only draw stick figures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics