Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,055,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Landscape trucks parked in the bike lane so the the bikers have to ride in the right hand lane... and interfere with the flow of traffic. It's peeve worthy.
That makes it dangerous for the bikers ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 12:59 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,840,673 times
Sleep...I need sleep. I've worked too many long days in a row. I can barely keep my eyes open. Why doesn't everyone just do their job?

Old 09-08-2011, 04:29 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,872,241 times
I'm really really getting irked about hearing in the news about some group of people complaining about their pay and benefits. It's one group after another, lately its been the grocery workers union complaining about having to pay more for their benefits.

I just heard on the radio that some group of people are protesting that ticket takers at local event here don't make enough money.

Hasn't anyone ever heard of taking personal responsibility. I mean if you don't like your crappy low end job, go to a community college and get some jobs skills, shouldn't cost a ton of money, and besides, it benefits you and has a long term payback, I'm not saying everyone needs to go to college and be a rocket scientist.

Just take ownership of you own life and its direction.

Don't whine about why you can't make more than 8 or 9 bucks an hour for some low end, no skill job. It's just the way the world works.

If I could make what I make now and flip burgers.......

WTF do you expect.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,031,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm really really getting irked about hearing in the news about some group of people complaining about their pay and benefits. It's one group after another, lately its been the grocery workers union complaining about having to pay more for their benefits.

This is irritating to me as well, but for a different reason. I have a friend who is a teacher here and has been for a long time. She makes good money and has been complaining for months that she didn't get a raise this year and has to pay 50$ towards her insurance now (was paid in full).

Seriously? You make 50k+ and have a stable job while hundreds of thousands of people are unemployed and you're going to whine about not getting a raise and having to pay 50$ for insurance that covers EVERYthing? You also get 3 months off for summer, weekends, and long-ass holidays. So spoiled.

Way to be thankful!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:45 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This is irritating to me as well, but for a different reason. I have a friend who is a teacher here and has been for a long time. She makes good money and has been complaining for months that she didn't get a raise this year and has to pay 50$ towards her insurance now (was paid in full).

Seriously? You make 50k+ and have a stable job while hundreds of thousands of people are unemployed and you're going to whine about not getting a raise and having to pay 50$ for insurance that covers EVERYthing? You also get 3 months off for summer, weekends, and long-ass holidays. So spoiled.

Way to be thankful!
Don't get me started on the public employee unions.... I'am very very familiar with them, as our company does a lot of work for state and local governments.

Yeah, the nerve to complain about having to pay something for med insurance.

Welcome to the world that the rest of us live in.

I used to be very very pro teacher, but lately.. IDK.. they seem like they have become serious whiners lately... The crap they complain about.

I know that they have a tough jobs at times, but they are sorta like weatherman, the weatherman can be wrong or inaccurate and never get fired.

Bad teachers have to murder someone practically before they get the axe. Not 99 percent of other working professionals.

Go check out the movie Waiting for Superman.

It changed the way I look at teachers and the Unions in particular.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,348,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That makes it dangerous for the bikers ...
U said sister especially if I am driving Hey I don't want to hit anyone for veering into traffic... I don't think I could handle that

Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,770,195 times
I keep forgetting what I was going to post by the time I get the window open. I guess I'm peeved with me.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,055,018 times
Inflexible store clerks (and other customer service reps) ...

I went to a gas station convenience store earlier today and purchased a bottled soda. As the lady was placing the soda into the bag, it fell out of her hands and landed on the counter. Since I was about to open that soda, I asked for another bottle. She looked confused and shook her head and said "no". I asked again explaining that I was going to drink the soda and did not want it exploding when I opened it. She repeated no. After being insistent, she called her manager who willingly allowed me to grab a replacement bottle.

BTW: I so agree with you Chowhound and Spinx ... Unions and their entitled employees get on my nerves ... During my brief civil service career, I saw a lot of things that just turned me off of unions altogether as all they do is stir up discontent and insubordination. Those teachers who were complaining about $50 for their health insurance must have never tried to obtain health insurance on their own ... I'm currently without as I cannot afford $400+ premiums for "preexisting conditions" that I no longer need treatment for... Wish I could get health insurance for $50 and a stable job.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,770,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Inflexible store clerks (and other customer service reps) ...

I went to a gas station convenience store earlier today and purchased a bottled soda. As the lady was placing the soda into the bag, it fell out of her hands and landed on the counter. Since I was about to open that soda, I asked for another bottle. She looked confused and shook her head and said "no". I asked again explaining that I was going to drink the soda and did not want it exploding when I opened it. She repeated no. After being insistent, she called her manager who willingly allowed me to grab a replacement bottle.
What a memory you jogged loose. Many many moons ago my dad would send me to get him a beer. I thought he had had enough so the last one I got I shook real good. I don't remember being sent for beer after that.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,484,989 times
The sheer amount of judgment so many people display.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics