Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 10:45 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,877 times

Advertisements

The over use of the word, viral. Another new media word we can all become sick of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
The over use of the word, viral. Another new media word we can all become sick of.
Yeah ... That word has become positively VIRAL all over the media

Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Just talking to my brother about this last night:
People who insist on communicating for days via inconvenient and expensive texts or emails, when a 5 minute phone call would do the trick.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,324,103 times
I had a cell phone the kept acting up so after a while I got a new one with all the bells and whistles. The thing is I feel like I have accomplished a milestone if I am able to answer a call when it comes in. I am seriously thinking I am going to have to down grade. My son says I need something from technology from my era. I suppose he would be surprised to know we didn't have cell phones and the tech of the day was a push button land line and instead of the dial up phones. LOL

Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I had a cell phone the kept acting up so after a while I got a new one with all the bells and whistles. The thing is I feel like I have accomplished a milestone if I am able to answer a call when it comes in. I am seriously thinking I am going to have to down grade. My son says I need something from technology from my era. I suppose he would be surprised to know we didn't have cell phones and the tech of the day was a push button land line and instead of the dial up phones. LOL
What's a "land line"????

Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
People who sit at a sushi bar using their smartphones instead of interacting with the sushi chefs and the people around them. It's odd to walk into a Japanese restaurant and see people staring fixedly at their phones for lengthy periods of time and holding them up right in front of other people.

If you wanted to use the phone that badly, you should have taken a booth seat instead and let people who wanted to talk to other people in real time sit at the sushi counter.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Gimme a good solid land line any day over a cell phone ... I only use my cell phone when I'm not at home but prefer the quality of my land line.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,863 times
Our house is in a "dead" spot for the local cell towers. Consequently, cell service at home is sporadic at best, so the land line stays. We have a prepaid cell phone, no free nights or weekends, but then we only use it when we are not home and we have never found the need to attach the phone permanently to our ears and use them constantly anyhow.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Gimme a good solid land line any day over a cell phone ... I only use my cell phone when I'm not at home but prefer the quality of my land line.
I know exactly what u mean. I prefer a land line too. I feel more secure. I guess I really am old fashioned. It's nice to have company I ashamed to go back to the cell phone guy and tell him the to give me one of the cells with the big buttons and no extras But, I think I am.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I hope she appreciated his kindness, but so many people don't these days. It's more like, what else can you do for me now. Taking advantage, that's right on the mark, nice guys are an any easy target for that.

Make a "Dog Eats Solicitors" sign, Sun Queen
I love the idea of the sign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics