Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 09:40 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times

Advertisements

Hey u know what I realized, I can't type all that well. My fingers just don't do what I am thinking ... Well whose perfect. Then again I glad my friends bear with me.

Anberlin, u r a Cali girl??? I wished I had moved to San Diego some years back now I am thinking CA has many of the same issues as AZ u guys just have far superior weather. Now I am not sure where to move to I just want out of AZ at least for about 8 months out of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Haha, no. I'm not a Cali girl but Chatteress is one. I'm from MN, but I've visited Cali many times. The only places that I haven't visit Cali is LA and SD, but one of my friend is probably going to UCSD for school so I'm hoping to visit her. That's why I cancelled my LA debriefing weekend and prefer to wait.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Anberlin, I'm in Iowa, tragic isn't it..haha. You mentioned Americanized in one of your posts, where are you from originally, your cultural heritage I mean.

Sun Queen, I cant think and type at all tonight, no signals from brain to fingers, my computer of a brain is an old model dont ya know, needs a reformat me thinks.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Hey I like the idea of MN and Iowa... yall got seasons and a whole lot of winter. Oh and traditional family values I think. In the the Southwest it's a mix of allot of stuff... I know it's way to hot in AZ during the summer. And that is really only for about 7.5 months out of the year. In fact that is what I am grumbling about this morning my intolerance of the heat... It makes people craaaaaaaazy

Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hey I like the idea of MN and Iowa... yall got seasons and a whole lot of winter. Oh and traditional family values I think. In the the Southwest it's a mix of allot of stuff... I know it's way to hot in AZ during the summer. And that is really only for about 7.5 months out of the year. In fact that is what I am grumbling about this morning my intolerance of the heat... It makes people craaaaaaaazy
I'll trade weather with you! I love the heat!!!

Now, my pet peeve:

Gloves

Why can't they make work gloves for small handed people? I'm a whopping 4'11" but I work at what some would consider a man's job. I farm.
Yesterday, I went to the local feed/farm store to get a pair of leather work gloves. I tried on several pairs of women's size small. Nope! The fingers were at least an inch too long.
I know there is a market out there! I'm not the only munchkin who needs gloves!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:05 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

Now, my pet peeve:

Gloves

Why can't they make work gloves for small handed people? I'm a whopping 4'11" but I work at what some would consider a man's job. I farm.
Yesterday, I went to the local feed/farm store to get a pair of leather work gloves. I tried on several pairs of women's size small. Nope! The fingers were at least an inch too long.
Me too! I work at school, and sometimes I have to wear gloves when it's a really dirty job. Their gloves are medium and large. Really? What about short and small hand people? Oh well.

todd00; culturally, Southern China and Thailand but probably more Thailand.

sun queen; the whole winter is great, but it's only great when it's winter season! It's suppose to rain mix with snow Tuesday and Wednesday.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

Now, my pet peeve:

Gloves

Peeve no more. Google "work gloves children" and you'll find tons of sites and outlets!

Old 04-18-2011, 02:12 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I hate the heat too, so I understand. You do live in the wrong place if you hate the heat. We go from winter into storm season to summer heat, but fall is nice. I don't know, family values is more an individual attitude than what part of the country you tend to live in. I think I would like Juneau Alaska, but be a chore getting my critters clear up there, and then I could probably only afford an outhouse or something like that. Makes me think of that song "Money, Money, Money" by Abba

Old 04-18-2011, 04:21 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
New grumbling for today: people who regularly use the word "bro" particularly when they are more than ten years older than me.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Adults who react or communicate like 13 years olds. Particularly, when they make a positive exchange negative. Grow up, already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics