Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
bjh

60,205 posts, read 30,492,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by standupandbecounted View Post
People who never take responsibility and blame everybody and everything on whatever happens to them. It's always someone else's fault.

Another: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS - FEEL GOOD CRAP. Enough is enough.
Blame placers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
People who accuse you of something, then never apologise when they find out they're wrong...
Should be pointed out to them in front of others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,351,789 times
People who see ur rose bushes and cut the roses off without asking as if u grew them for that purpose. Now I don't have any but my neighbors do and I saw a woman with a baby in a stroller pull out a pair of scissors and began cutting this guys beautiful roses. I knocked on the door and let him know. He went to talked to her and it turns out she is illegal and just trying to get something she can sell. This guy was so nice he gave her food from his house and told her not to cut his roses again. I was irritated at the disrespect of others people property but pleased he was such a gentleman of compassion

Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,439,672 times
People who take advantage...

Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,062,873 times
My Peeve: ME my niece was supposed to have had the wireless set up at her house where I'm staying and I "KNOW" that happens and the companies can be slow. I am so peeved at myself for not factoring all that in ahead of time.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 PM

No tech (wireless, HD, cell etc.) sucks

I hate injustice, inequity, and being accosted by people knocking at the door to either convert me, sell me something, or take up my time.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:20 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
People who see ur rose bushes and cut the roses off without asking as if u grew them for that purpose. Now I don't have any but my neighbors do and I saw a woman with a baby in a stroller pull out a pair of scissors and began cutting this guys beautiful roses. I knocked on the door and let him know. He went to talked to her and it turns out she is illegal and just trying to get something she can sell. This guy was so nice he gave her food from his house and told her not to cut his roses again. I was irritated at the disrespect of others people property but pleased he was such a gentleman of compassion
I hope she appreciated his kindness, but so many people don't these days. It's more like, what else can you do for me now. Taking advantage, that's right on the mark, nice guys are an any easy target for that.

Make a "Dog Eats Solicitors" sign, Sun Queen

Old 04-10-2011, 10:38 AM

At what point r u able to cut the apron strings... I mean when my kids were little I sliced the fruit and refrigerated it to make it easy to serve. I continued out of habit, but now I don't feel like it. These teenagers waste allot of fruit cause they don't seem to now u can eat the melon to the rind or pretty close. They take one bite out of the strawberry and leave the other half with stem patch. I wonder if it's too late to train them... LOL I shouldn't have too. I wish they paid for the groceries.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:07 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,091,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
At what point r u able to cut the apron strings... I mean when my kids were little I sliced the fruit and refrigerated it to make it easy to serve. I continued out of habit, but now I don't feel like it. These teenagers waste allot of fruit cause they don't seem to now u can eat the melon to the rind or pretty close. They take one bite out of the strawberry and leave the other half with stem patch. I wonder if it's too late to train them... LOL I shouldn't have too. I wish they paid for the groceries.
Sun queen, if you figure out a way to change this particular habit - share the answer with other parents and grandparents and you'll make a fortune!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,622 times
Take them to the grocery store, let them see how much things cost. Give them some money, have them buy groceries to live on for a certain period of time, a couple days or whatever you think. Let them see how little it buys these days. Teens should start to realize how expensive it is to live, and that food doesn't just drop from the heavens to their plates.

I would be telling them, if they take it, they eat it. One bite and that's all, huh. The prince and princess want no more, take it away slave <<meaning you.

Finicky pets are easier than finicky teens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-10-2011, 09:57 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,059,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Take them to the grocery store, let them see how much things cost. Give them some money, have them buy groceries to live on for a certain period of time, a couple days or whatever you think. Let them see how little it buys these days. Teens should start to realize how expensive it is to live, and that food doesn't just drop from the heavens to their plates.

I would be telling them, if they take it, they eat it. One bite and that's all, huh. The prince and princess want no more, take it away slave <<meaning you.

Finicky pets are easier than finicky teens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excellent advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics