Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 02:06 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,351,789 times

Advertisements

That's exactly what happened Young lisa they invaded my personal space and it was too many of them, but I must confess there is a guy who does ur windows even it u say no. I just pay him though... It's easier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 01:17 PM

I had to go out because my oldest is having a serious issue... He needs a hair cut... since when did boys get to be so preoccupied with their hair, clothes, games- scratch that one. U expect this kinda shett with girls, but w/ boys....

Old 07-02-2011, 07:22 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,376,740 times
Grumble of the day: Other shoppers at Costco. If you shop there, you know what I mean. You may even be one of the self-absorbed aisle-blocking buttholes I'm referring to!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:12 PM

Friends who tell u the truth for your own good. Why not just let 'em feel good. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and keeping ur mouth shut will keep your friendship. I am just going to tell yall this I have a nice friend that totally sucks... I applaud the person's efforts and I hate it when they ask me how did I do. I always say great. I can't hurt their feelings and I am sure if I gave my honest opinion it would be problematic. And hey what do I know...

Old 07-03-2011, 06:05 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,450,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Grumble of the day: Other shoppers at Costco. If you shop there, you know what I mean. You may even be one of the self-absorbed aisle-blocking buttholes I'm referring to!

LOL....yup it's the LA DI DA syndrome...and no I don't do that, well I try not to do that, lol They are even worse when they clog up the aisles because they can't wait to get a free sample of something Really...stop thinking about me me me and have a little common courtesy for your fellow man Right..like that will ever happen

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-03-2011 at 06:23 AM..

Old 07-03-2011, 06:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,450,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Friends who tell u the truth for your own good. Why not just let 'em feel good. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and keeping ur mouth shut will keep your friendship. I am just going to tell yall this I have a nice friend that totally sucks... I applaud the person's efforts and I hate it when they ask me how did I do. I always say great. I can't hurt their feelings and I am sure if I gave my honest opinion it would be problematic. And hey what do I know...

Ooh that's a tough one. I would want a friend to tell me the truth..becasue hey of my friend can't be honest with me than who can but I also had a friend who never wanted to "hear" the truth. She just wanted everyone to agree with her...and that's what she got. To each his/her own but "I" want the truth

Ignorance is bliss as long as it isn't harmful to someone you care about. I have to pull my hubby back from giving his daughter too much unwanted advice. Even if he doesn't like her choices, she is an adult and had to live her life. We will be there to help her pick up the pieces when the time comes.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,287,113 times
Common courtsey for your fellow man..........where did that go? This is the one that really gets me.........the other shopper looks up and sees that you need through the aisle, then goes right back to what they were doing WITHOUT budging an inch. It's one thing if a person is asorbed in what they are looking at......we are all guilty of that one but out and out rudeness is a whole different story.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,522,260 times
I can so relate to the rudeness thing. I noticed yesterday when I went to the store that there was so many rude people out and get this these were senior citizens. Now I can be considered a senior but if I get to the point that I am downright rude just because I am older and feel I have earned the right just put me out of mine and everyone elses misery. There is NO excuse for rudeness at any age.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,376,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
LOL....yup it's the LA DI DA syndrome...and no I don't do that, well I try not to do that, lol They are even worse when they clog up the aisles because they can't wait to get a free sample of something Really...stop thinking about me me me and have a little common courtesy for your fellow man Right..like that will ever happen
Tell me about it. There's no such thing as common courtesy anymore

Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,487,479 times
Here's one. The other day I was in a cafeteria and the checkout desk moved but I didn't realize this. Well, the cashier at a checkout desk let me wait at the old checkout desk for like 10 minutes before telling me the checkout area had been moved. I called out for help but this is at a deaf school so no one heard me and I couldn't sign cause both my hands were full. I had my blind cane in one hand and in the other I was holding a really full cup in my hand because I couldn't place it on the counter since there were those metal ridge things that help trays slide along the counter surface. So I stood there for ten whole minutes only to have her finally come and tap me on the shoulder and take my cup from my hand so she could tell me the counter was actually "over there" now.

Note: everyone else at this school has been more than helpful to me an this was definitely the exception to the rule. So if you realize which school I'm talking about please don't think that everyone is like this! So far most people have been absolutely wonderful!

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 07-03-2011 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics