Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 AM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,482,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
True but this time I feel bad for the younger generation. They are going to have a wake up call that they won't know how to handle. I see a lot of disappointment in the future younger generations...and I blame the older generation for spoiling them
True, a lot of kids have been spoiled.

I also blame the politicians that have sold out this country, severly damaging the opportunity that makes for prosperity not only here, but around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,286,130 times
Quote:
True but this time I feel bad for the younger generation. They are going to have a wake up call that they won't know how to handle. I see a lot of disappointment in the future younger generations...and I blame the older generation for spoiling them
Well put Lisa

My hubby and I always say that the younger ones have a strange sense of entitlement. They seem to have no boundries on what they are owed or what they expect for nothing.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 AM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,482,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
Well put Lisa

My hubby and I always say that the younger ones have a strange sense of entitlement. They seem to have no boundries on what they are owed or what they expect for nothing.
The entitlement mentality.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:03 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,488,240 times
Entitlement: one of the most over-complained about things about the younger generation

Old 06-26-2011, 06:04 AM

Pet peeve: the fact that I had a hard time sleeping last night

Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,444,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Pet peeve: the fact that I had a hard time sleeping last night
Welcome to my world

Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,484,989 times
Quote:
I'm so tired of being seen as entitled and being lumped in with my whole generation. I wish the older folks who just see me as an "entitled youngster" would just get to know me as an individual instead of assuming they know all about me without ever having really gotten to know me.

My pet peeve is older individuals who feel entitled to make assumptions about other people just because they've been "breathing longer" or "on the planet for longer" or what have you. Still doesn't give you an excuse to make false assumptions, especially about a whole group of people you don't even know personally.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm so tired of being seen as entitled and being lumped in with my whole generation. I wish the older folks who just see me as an "entitled youngster" would just get to know me as an individual instead of assuming they know all about me without ever having really gotten to know me.

My pet peeve is older individuals who feel entitled to make assumptions about other people just because they've been "breathing longer" or "on the planet for longer" or what have you. Still doesn't give you an excuse to make false assumptions, especially about a whole group of people you don't even know personally.
Try not be so sensitive. If it doesn't fit you..then it isn't about you

I never said "all" of the younger generation feels that way. People are too individual to be lumped together all the time. Unfortunately we seem to have a lot more people, old and young, who feel entitled. I think the future will be really hard on those who got caught up in "stuff"

We have some of the kids who were spoiled by their parents and given way too much...and now they expect it out of life. They will be very disappointed in their later years. If you don't work for it, how can you appreciate it?

And then we have a lot of spoiled older people who feel entitled. They just use their home equities and credit to get what they want "right" now instead of saving for things and buying with cash.

No..entitlement is not just one generation but it is a big problem now and will be a bigger problem in our society when the wake up call comes.(That will be when the parents run out of money and adults run out of credit)

Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 AM

Pet peeve: when people falsely accuse me of stuff

Old 06-26-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I also blame the politicians that have sold out this country, severly damaging the opportunity that makes for prosperity not only here, but around the world.

Don't get me started, lol. I hate politicians...and with them I "can" say ALL of them. Here's the logic..to be a good politician, or one who goes far, you have to play the game. In order to play the game you have to lie and cheat...so all politicians are liars and I can't stand them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics