Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 08:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,770,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
You call us selfish because we refuse to give ice cream to your bratty kids? Guess what. You need to discipline your kids and teach them how to behave.
I'm peeved that those bratty kids can one day vote and maybe even be President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,055,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
It's July 8 and fireworks are still happening.
I saw a few on my way home ... Odd isn't it? At least they aren't doing them right in my neighborhood ...

Old 07-09-2011, 11:24 PM

452 posts, read 311,270 times
Oh, yeah, the fact I still hear fireworks bothers me.
And then earlier today I saw that there were young kids playing around with small household pets as if they were toys. Scares the life out of me.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,407,945 times
Sometimes when I read some of the post in here, the first thing another poster have to ask is "Is English your First language?" Man, I am so peeved by that. If they can write English and you can read them, no need to mention it! Unless it's ridiculously horrible. You know, sometimes I don't care because I just want to annoy you with my horrible English grammar.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:59 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,001,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Sometimes when I read some of the post in here, the first thing another poster have to ask is "Is English your First language?" Man, I am so peeved by that. If they can write English and you can read them, no need to mention it! Unless it's ridiculously horrible. You know, sometimes I don't care because I just want to annoy you with my horrible English grammar.
Some people are just rude. But I think part of it is you see so many Americans that write and speak as if English isn't there first language when it really is, some just get annoyed with that. English is a difficult language to learn. I am not bilingual, I take my hat off to those able to speak more than one language. My gal is from the Philippines and feels frustrated over her grammar. She does quite well, but not in her eyes. So don't let a few people get ya down. I think you do very well from the posts I have read.

Watch this clever bit about the different sounds in the English language.

YouTube - ‪I Love Lucy - Ricky has problems with English‬‏

Old 07-10-2011, 07:17 PM

521 posts, read 1,153,635 times
Default I think venting is healing too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I hate that the libraries are so loud. We noticed this in PW and now again in Fairfax Co. No so much at the smaller libraries, but at the larger ones. The libraries don't discourage it either with their areas that are almost like play areas for the kids.

So, I can come and vent here, and not be "picked on" then? Woohoo.

What gauls me is neighbors who won't EVER speak to you, yet they think they have the right to park RIGHT IN FRONT of your house, and if you tell them, you need to park there, they start yelling, swearing and giving you the finger!
We had that happen to us, just the other day! Man, what nerve that guy had! We had to get some repairs done at our place, and we needed to park in FRONT OF OUR PLACE, since the repair guy, had to come down the driveway and get to the lower floor, to do the repairs...
I said all that to the guy, and he just starting yelling at me, swearing, and giving me the finger.

So.. I guess the gist of this post is, "people who show no respect for you, especially at your own home!"

Yeah, lack of respect is a constant pet peeve of mine. I think today, manners have left the planet, at least my neck of the woods. Once in a blue moon, I meet folks who do have respect and courtesy, but they are few & far between, and that BUGS me!

Another pet peeve... when you are in a store or grocery, and someone nears runs into you... like you're invisible and they cannot see you!
I haven't taken any invisible pills lately.

People on the internet, who join a forum which says "be polite, don't post insulting comments", yet they think they can get away with doing that daily, and you're supposed to just "put up with it".

Mosquitos that try to crawl into your ears.. that's annoying...
When your dog won't stop barking.. that's also annoying...

People who ride your bumper and make it so distracting when you're driving you cannot keep looking ahead.. you keep worrying they'll run into you from behind.

People who own pitbulls but won't put their dogs on a leash, or chain in their yards, nor even put up a fence for them... that's scary... Please don't tell me how friendly so many pitbulls are... I suppose some are, but I've seen my dogs I've owned previously attacked dozens of times by pitbulls.... so I know better...
When you go out in public and see a cute guy, but he'd rather give a full body hug to a male friend of his, than even smile at you

Rude store clerks.... very annoying...

Rude store managers.... makes you not want to go into that store anymore..

Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,962,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
So, I can come and vent here, and not be "picked on" then? Woohoo.

What gauls me is neighbors who won't EVER speak to you, yet they think they have the right to park RIGHT IN FRONT of your house, and if you tell them, you need to park there, they start yelling, swearing and giving you the finger!
We had that happen to us, just the other day! Man, what nerve that guy had! We had to get some repairs done at our place, and we needed to park in FRONT OF OUR PLACE, since the repair guy, had to come down the driveway and get to the lower floor, to do the repairs...
I said all that to the guy, and he just starting yelling at me, swearing, and giving me the finger.

So.. I guess the gist of this post is, "people who show no respect for you, especially at your own home!"

Yeah, lack of respect is a constant pet peeve of mine. I think today, manners have left the planet, at least my neck of the woods. Once in a blue moon, I meet folks who do have respect and courtesy, but they are few & far between, and that BUGS me!

Another pet peeve... when you are in a store or grocery, and someone nears runs into you... like you're invisible and they cannot see you!
I haven't taken any invisible pills lately.

People on the internet, who join a forum which says "be polite, don't post insulting comments", yet they think they can get away with doing that daily, and you're supposed to just "put up with it".

Mosquitos that try to crawl into your ears.. that's annoying...
When your dog won't stop barking.. that's also annoying...

People who ride your bumper and make it so distracting when you're driving you cannot keep looking ahead.. you keep worrying they'll run into you from behind.

People who own pitbulls but won't put their dogs on a leash, or chain in their yards, nor even put up a fence for them... that's scary... Please don't tell me how friendly so many pitbulls are... I suppose some are, but I've seen my dogs I've owned previously attacked dozens of times by pitbulls.... so I know better...
When you go out in public and see a cute guy, but he'd rather give a full body hug to a male friend of his, than even smile at you

Rude store clerks.... very annoying...

Rude store managers.... makes you not want to go into that store anymore..

Wow...you written more in one post then I have combined all year . Anyway I learned that large amounts of alcohol helps with most of the above

Last edited by BigMike50; 07-10-2011 at 08:27 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 08:25 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,484,989 times
I agree with most of what Dana said. A lot of people are so rude. For example, they will bump into me and not even say "excuse me". I bump into people all the time but I say "excuse me" or "pardon me" or something. Another thing that peeves me is people that come up to me and stand right near me and don't say "hi" or tell me they're there. I realize they think I don't know they're there but all the more reason for them to just let me know they're there.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:56 PM

521 posts, read 1,153,635 times
Big Mike, oh, don't worry, I've had alot on my mind lately, and i'm just VENTING cuz NOW, woohoo, I finally FOUND a place to vent! I'm a happy camper here..

Yeah, venting is a good tool for the pysche... Like your little drinking icon there, Big Mike, very cute!
I think I do need a shot of alceehall.. yup.. plus I'm sporting some serious poison ivy rash and I'm cranky as an old goat today!
And thanks nimchimpsky... nice to get some moral support on the web for a change.

Wow! There's a good part to the forum. I kept hanging out on the "states" part, and boy, I was getting flaming so much, I felt like human marshmallow.
Even the mods weren't watching my back.. Nope, they were shutting down my threads, just for asking basic questions.
Think I won't be going back to the states part anytime soon. I find many of them "caustic", whomever wrote me that, I surely agree with ya, poster!

And that's ANOTHER pet peeve of mine... rude people on the internet! That bugs the crud out of me!
I remember back in the 90s, I would always hang out in these chatrooms, where people were always polite..
If anyone came along and start getting snippy and rude, we'd all just instantly put them on the Ignore feature!
I think that's why so many young kids now are getting kinda rude.. they all hang out on the internet, and they see so many rude comments....but no one chastizes the rude people on posts many times.
I don't like that!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,001,492 times
My theory is people drive their shopping carts much like they drive a car. Not watching what they are doing, running into you, its just like these people drive a car. I try and go to the store when there aren't many people, it makes that easier. As far as lack of respect and manners, outward aggressive rudeness for the smallest thing, yep thats how it is exactly. I moved to the country because I never wanted neighbors again. People are rude and crude, that's how it is. I shake my head and wonder what it will be like in 10 or 20 years.

As far as Pit Bulls are concerned, I don't believe they or any other kind of dog should be off a leash in a public area or even in ones own front yard. I'd be afraid for their safety, if I don't have control. I've had 2 Pit Bulls, mine were both strays, and both very gentle. You can make any dog mean, so I have nothing against the breed. I believe owners should be fined heavily for letting their animals run loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics