Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I guess we know why she de-friended you now! It must be your "perfect-ness"! That's it! People just can't HANDLE you because you have no flaws! You've never made mistakes! You've never screwed up your life! Awww NOW we know why you have no friends. You're just to perfect for anyone else!
I've made mistakes but not that extreme. And I have no desire to ever make a mistake that extreme.

And the person I mentioned on that post didn't delete me. We were never facebook friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I've made mistakes but not that extreme. And I have no desire to ever make a mistake that extreme.

And the person I mentioned on that post didn't delete me. We were never facebook friends.
Who cares! She's going to be a better, wiser, stronger person for her mistakes. It doesn't make one bit of difference whether YOU approve of her "mistake" or not. It's her life, it's her choice, it's HER who's rising above a tough situation instead of folding her hand and giving up. Who are YOU to judge her? No, you're NOT perfect. You've revealed it on her countless times, with your petty gossipping and tattling on everyone in order to try to make yourself look better. Can't you ever just leave people alone?

Old 05-26-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Who cares! She's going to be a better, wiser, stronger person for her mistakes. It doesn't make one bit of difference whether YOU approve of her "mistake" or not. It's her life, it's her choice, it's HER who's rising above a tough situation instead of folding her hand and giving up. Who are YOU to judge her? No, you're NOT perfect. You've revealed it on her countless times, with your petty gossipping and tattling on everyone in order to try to make yourself look better. Can't you ever just leave people alone?
But there's another point of all this. The point is I should be praised if she gets praised. I realize the importance of education WITHOUT screwing up. Why does it make her a "better person" just because she learned the importance of education the hard way?

You almost make it sound like I'm doing something wrong by not screwing up. How could it possibly be considered a bad thing that I realize the importance of education without screwing up?

The only reason she's going back to college is because she ruined her life. Despite having someone that would pay once she figured out a plan, she showed no intention of going back to college until she had a baby. The baby certainly got her to figure out a plan quickly.

Sure, I might gossip and compare myself to others to make myself sound better. But at least I'm never going to ruin my life in the way she did.

And she's a relative, so this is my business

Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Judgmental people who are quick to criticize others who are trying to rebuild their lives. That is just plain low.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
But there's another point of all this. The point is I should be praised if she gets praised. I realize the importance of education WITHOUT screwing up. Why does it make her a "better person" just because she learned the importance of education the hard way?

You almost make it sound like I'm doing something wrong by not screwing up. How could it possibly be considered a bad thing that I realize the importance of education without screwing up?

The only reason she's going back to college is because she ruined her life. Despite having someone that would pay once she figured out a plan, she showed no intention of going back to college until she had a baby. The baby certainly got her to figure out a plan quickly.

Sure, I might gossip and compare myself to others to make myself sound better. But at least I'm never going to ruin my life in the way she did.

And she's a relative, so this is my business
That's the most pitiful part of your posts...you know it? You ARE screwing up, constantly, with your constant petty comparisons, tattling and belittling. Do you even realize how miserable you make yourself? When you hear that someone gets praised for something....it personally tears you UP! It tears you up because you're like this little kid that says, "HEY!! HEY!! WHAT ABOUT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!"...and it KILLS you, tears you up because people are looking at others, people whom YOU don't think are as perfect and as good as you, and it KILLS you!

You refuse to be happy for anyone else....refuse to give others praise and allow others to give them praise, because you think that YOU need to be constantly reminded of how GOOD you are. Therefore, people DON'T give you praise....and the whole reason behind that is that YOU don't give anyone ELSE praise. Therefore, you are NOT deserving of it! Those who won't give praise, do not DESERVE praise. No one needs to give you a pat on the back...you seem to be perfectly capable and willing to do it to yourself...constantly. What a horrible existence that is!

Old 05-26-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Judgmental people who are quick to criticize others who are trying to rebuild their lives. That is just plain low.
It doesn't get much lower than that! ...and people LIKE that, do not DESERVE praise!

Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
That's the most pitiful part of your posts...you know it? You ARE screwing up, constantly, with your constant petty comparisons, tattling and belittling. Do you even realize how miserable you make yourself? When you hear that someone gets praised for something....it personally tears you UP! It tears you up because you're like this little kid that says, "HEY!! HEY!! WHAT ABOUT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!"...and it KILLS you, tears you up because people are looking at others, people whom YOU don't think are as perfect and as good as you, and it KILLS you!

You refuse to be happy for anyone else....refuse to give others praise and allow others to give them praise, because you think that YOU need to be constantly reminded of how GOOD you are. Therefore, people DON'T give you praise....and the whole reason behind that is that YOU don't give anyone ELSE praise. Therefore, you are NOT deserving of it! Those who won't give praise, do not DESERVE praise. No one needs to give you a pat on the back...you seem to be perfectly capable and willing to do it to yourself...constantly. What a horrible existence that is!
A very self-absorbed existence.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
A very self-absorbed existence.
...and a very lonely one indeed...and destined to remain so! One can only imagine someone with this mentality standing in the brush alongside a freeway, shooting at passing motorists..simply because they perceive that someone gave them praise they didn't deserve.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:

The examples of "screw ups" you gave are nothing compared to the screw up I mentioned.

Imagine how much it changes your life when you have a baby you're unprepared for. Now compare that to gossiping and belittling other people. The two examples are nothing alike. I don't need to pay a lot of money to feed, clothe, and diaper my gossip. I don't need to wake up in the middle of the night because my gossip is crying. I can stop gossiping at any time. But she's stuck with her baby at least until the baby is 18.

Despite my "screw ups" (if you want to call gossip, comparisons, and belittling other people screw ups) I am successful in college. I have a 3.6 GPA and I went to 2 summer classes today.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
For what it's worth, she's become the butt of many jokes in my family. So it's not just me that criticizes her.

My dad has a nickname for her that I can't say on city data. And my brother jokes about her too. And one of my cousins said she's a bad influence for the younger cousins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics