Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 05:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
lol...ewwww!! I had a german shepherd for many, many years who'd be laying on his bed, fart, turn his head to look at his butt, lay his ears back like, "ewww gross!", then get up and lay by your feet. You'd tell him," hey, don't be coming over here to do that!" he'd sigh, then sulk back over and lay on his bed...keep looking at you and letting out hugh sighs, as if to say, "you're so mean"! Lol
lol! :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 05:52 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I was peeved until I found where my wife had hid the chocolates.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:58 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a mac computer and today I got an alert that there were 9 threads presenting an immediate threat to my computer. Trojan programs recording information secretly about the user. Cd is the only place I post on threads. Does that mean the threads are collecting data? I am uncertain, but the whole thing gives me concern.
Did the screen look like it normally does on your Mac, or did the menu bar look different, more like on a Windows PC. There are sites out there that have phony screens to make you think you have a virus, but they are really just hoping you will panic and click on their link, which will then connect you to them so they can start monitoring you. I have been using a Mac since they first came out and worked tech support for many years, and while the Macs are somewhat susceptible to viruses and malware, they are still more secure than PCs. I will copy your post and send it to my son who works in IT and is in charge of the Mac division and see what he says about it.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:29 PM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I was peeved until I found where my wife had hid the chocolates.
I found where The Super Chief hid them went on a late evening search mission.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:46 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
SunQueen - I got a reply back from my son. He was familiar with the screen you saw and sent the following information:

"Sounds like that MacDefender Rouge that has gone around, all they need to do is go to Applications/Utilities/ lauch Activity Monitor, select the "processes" tab and look for the Application Name (might be MacDefender) select it, press the stop sign to stop the process.

Then look for that application in the Applications folder, drag it to the Trash, and then empty the Trash."

Here is a link that describes it more. Manual removal method 1 (which was his directions above) is the easiest way to get rid of it.

MAC Defender Rogue Anti-Virus analysis and Removal

Best wishes on this. Just be sure to follow the directions exactly.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:53 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Why don't I elaborate:

I don't work. I've never had a job. But I've applied to jobs and gone to interviews. So it's not like my lack of experience is due to lack of effort.

All I can do is try to get a job. But ultimately, there is no guarantee of a job. If no one is willing to hire me, there's nothing I can do about that.

But in all fairness, I am young and I never absolutely needed a job. If you don't need to work, why does it matter whether or not you work?

I guess what bothers me the most is when people think I'm lazy for not working.

There are other ways to measure work ethic besides a job. If I'm lazy, then why do I have 76 college credits?

I took summer classes last summer and I'm taking summer classes this summer. If I'm lazy, then why am I taking summer classes for the 2nd summer in a row?

I've been in college year round since Fall 2009.

I think summer classes are a better use of my time than finding a random dead end minimum wage job. I tried to get a job, but couldn't. My theory is if I can't get a job, I might as well find something to do over the summer. So that's why I'm taking classes. And taking summer classes has a benefit: I'm set to graduate early.
I realize any work experience looks better than nothing on a resume. But a dead end minimum wage job won't make or break my career.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:55 PM

Pet peeve: When my peers show off their babies (as if being a parent this young is something to be proud of)

And I just realized this will only get worse with time. Because as we get older, more of my peers will have babies.

Don't show off your baby to me because it's just something I don't care about

Old 05-28-2011, 07:12 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Temporary government programs becoming permanent.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Temporary government programs becoming permanent.
I'm not on welfare.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:20 PM

69 posts, read 83,700 times
I hate going to a place of business and standing in line to either order my food or conduct business at customer service at Walmart and the people are so up under me that I can literally feel them breathing on me. If I say anything about my personal space they look at me like I'm the one with the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics