Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 10:57 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times

Advertisements

Ok. This is not the best quiz but it was the first one that appear on google search.

Quiz: Do You Complain Too Much?

Aww, tookey! It's ok!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If they wanted privacy, they wouldn't list their location in the first place.

If someone doesn't want to list their location at all, that's one thing. But I'm talking about someone that moves and doesn't change their location.

There is a certain poster that said he moved and didn't change his location because of laziness.

Pet peeve: People that drive big vehicles. There's no need for a big vehicle.

When I had a car, there was a big pick up truck that parked close to me.

And don't get me started on those Hummers that take up 2 spaces
I beg to differ.

With some of us, there is a need to drive a big vehicle. I have a farm. Try loading hay into the trunk of one of those overgrown Tonka toys that pass for cars lately.

As for Hummer's, those, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, are more status symbol than practical vehicle. Give me a Ford truck, now that's something worth driving! Oh, and a ladder too, i'm kinda short.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:02 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt resident View Post
we are.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Ok. This is not the best quiz but it was the first one that appear on google search.

Quiz: Do You Complain Too Much?

Aww, tookey! It's ok!
I took the quiz apparentely I simmer in silence. That is spot on I have always done that then when I have had enough I blow like Vesuveus. I need to work on myself

Old 04-03-2011, 05:28 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
I took the quiz apparentely I simmer in silence. That is spot on I have always done that then when I have had enough I blow like Vesuveus. I need to work on myself
Recognition is half the battle. I do the same but I just grab a shovel and go dig a new flower garden or something when I feel the urge to explode. I have several now.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Recognition is half the battle. I do the same but I just grab a shovel and go dig a new flower garden or something when I feel the urge to explode. I have several now.
I used to do that when I had a house I would go outside and very nearly kill myself doing yard work. Here at the apts we have a walking path that is 1/4 mile around and I head out there and walk several laps. Used to be I would take that shovel and look for heads to bashguess I am beginning to learn how to manage the slow burn.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Really? I'm only silence when I'm very angry. I blow it off by swearing (- I know I shouldn't swear), take long walks, play video games, or put on full blast music. Hehehe. I do internalize a lot so I tend to cool off a lot faster than if I don't.

Sorry. No more pet-peeve for today.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Bad TV reception.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Ignorance verses common sense. Cashiers who either announce your phone number or leave a receipt with your personal info just sitting on a counter while they do something else first.

I couldn't find my ATM card the other day and was forced to write a dreaded check. There was a line a people behind me and in earshot while she asked me loudly for my phone number. I said it was unlisted and I don't give it out, she said, "then you can't write a check.' I leaned in across the counter and whispered to her "I'm not going to blurt out my phone number in front of all these people." She shrugged her shoulders and I wrote it down on a piece of paper. I told her to be on the safe side not to ask women for their phone number like that as a safety precaution. She said she'd never had a problem with it and I said, 'well I have.' Again she shrugs her shoulders.

Listen up ladies, this applies to both the consumer and the cashiers - never blurt out your phone number within earshot of others. I had two incidents happen and now I just make up a phone number. Once, it was a clerk at a grocery store who took my phone number off a check and proceeded to call me all hours of the night. The other was someone who overheard me say my phone number to a cashier. I was a single woman living alone and found it creepy as hell. Use some smarts and discretion when blurting out personal info in public. I tried to explain this to the girl cashier and again got the 'oh well' shoulder shrug. Also, even if you sign a slip for a credit card or Debit card transaction. Do not leave as long as the business copy is laying out on the counter, wait until they put it away properly.

If you've ever seen the original movie "Death Wish" it started exactly like this. The woman's name and address was stapled to a bag at a grocery store for delivery and three men ripped the address off the bag and followed her home, raping and killing her and her daughter...it doesn't just happen in the movies.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:01 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Men who r full of drama. I mean u expect it to a certain extent from chics, but it is down right disgusting in a man. And I am not talking about all man I am talking about one man in particular. He is controlling, deceptive, &manipulative. If he doesn't get his way the world comes to and end and he has no friends. He whines and complains if he is not worshipped. He has to be the center of attention no matter what. I think his motto is "bad" attention is better than no attention. He has to win at all cost and there is no compromise. It's his way or no way. How pathetic is that???? U can't do this guy enough favors, but he doesn't give any unless it is a benefit to him. It is really quite sad when it all said and done. Some folk need more love than others I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics