Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 07:36 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,483,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Dude, I got two questions for you. This isn't to insult or judge you, but why do you find everything (or mostly everything) as pet-peeve? Are you ever going to appreciate life as it is one day? We all got pet-peeves but this is just, wow.
1. I don't find everything as a pet peeve. The only reason it appears that way is because this is a pet peeve thread, so I've listed a lot of my pet peeves on this thread.
2. On the post you quoted, I was just explaining my point of view. The other poster asked me to prove what I was saying on my peeve, so I felt obligated to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,404,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
1. I don't find everything as a pet peeve. The only reason it appears that way is because this is a pet peeve thread, so I've listed a lot of my pet peeves on this thread.
2. On the post you quoted, I was just explaining my point of view. The other poster asked me to prove what I was saying on my peeve, so I felt obligated to respond.
You didn't answer my second question. I quoted your post only because that was your most recent post, not responding to your explanation. I understand that this is a pet-peeve all right, so post as many of your pet-peeve as you like. It appears to me that in SOME "pet-peeve" you don't appreciate some things in life.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:24 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,230,204 times
Our local school board! Grrrrr

In their infinite wisdom, they have decided to eliminate our school bus route and have our kids wait at a more convenient (for them) location. They chose a lovely spot! Abandoned truck stop, no shelter and an unobstructed view of transients/hobo's.

If we only had a few kids on this route I could understand, but there are upwards of 35 and most live on farms and ranches.

I'd like to see THEM standing outside in sub-zero weather!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,044,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

In their infinite wisdom, they have decided to eliminate our school bus route and have our kids wait at a more convenient (for them) location. They chose a lovely spot! Abandoned truck stop, no shelter and an unobstructed view of transients/hobo's.

If we only had a few kids on this route I could understand, but there are upwards of 35 and most live on farms and ranches.

You need to really complain about that Pam! Children should not have to wait for a school bus in that type of area.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,113,057 times
boy i sure do second that one= still remember the last conversation i had with my grandmother- deep in my heart i knew it was the last phone call i would speak to her before she was in the hospital and it was bitter sweet

next thing you knew a month had gone by and she had passed away in the night

Old 07-15-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
You need to really complain about that Pam! Children should not have to wait for a school bus in that type of area.
I plan on it, next Tuesday at the school board meeting.

Colorado law is strange. Even though the school districts receive both state and federal funds for the pupil transportation programs, they are not required to provide it.

We live 20 miles away from the high school and some kids live farther than that. Legally, we have no recourse BUT this got my Irish up! There are other alternatives that will get the boards attention. We're going to speak their language, money.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
boy i sure do second that one= still remember the last conversation i had with my grandmother- deep in my heart i knew it was the last phone call i would speak to her before she was in the hospital and it was bitter sweet

next thing you knew a month had gone by and she had passed away in the night
What counts is that you DID have that conversation! I'm pretty sure, when she passed, she knew that she had been and would always be loved.

Don't beat yourself up over this Honey, life's too damn short to dwell on 'what if's.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 PM

23,261 posts, read 29,113,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
My peeve today is coming on late at night after a very hard day's work and reading peeves written by under-achieving little twits who post 4-5 totally insignificant peeves a day, who've never held down either a temporary or a full time job in their two decades on this earth, are supported by their parents who they diss at every opportunity but who they fully expect to financially support them when the college major doesn't work out to a good job, and generally make a mockery of every REAL young person out there who's busting chops. Yep, rather a long sentence but that's MY peeve in a nutshell.
A--m--e--n!! CD.com offers a cure for this!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:24 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,283,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

I wouldn't sit back on this one if I were you. This sounds like it isn't a good site for kids. A price can't be put on the safety of the kids!!!!!

What it boils down to is that most parents will be taking their kids to school themselves, which is probably the goal of the school board to start with. I bet they didn't cut back on any of their sports programs.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,404,754 times
I'm peeve when my anger from a couple months ago is still eating me alive. I should do something about it but I don't know what...Grrrr...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics