Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
FYI: grapes are mostly fructose (sugar) and water. One of the least nutritious fruits in the bunch (pun intended). If you're trying to cut down on calories, I'd definitely pick a more nutrition-packed sweet than grapes. A bruised-ripe banana is very sweet, has calories, but is also loaded with potassium and vitamins, and is much more filling than a proportionally equivalent serving of grapes. Plus, it won't give you gas like grapes do
Hey, that gas serves a purpose! Since bananas constipate, it's best to have a few grapes too!

(btw, I love bananas too!)

Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I mean since taking the lexapro earlier I have blankly stared randomly into space more times than....well something that happens a lot...I can't even think about what makes me miserable long enough for it to affect me. I am not sure I have held one thought for more than a few seconds.

Is this any way to live? Not really but is this better than what I was going through before? Yes. At least I just look stoned and not like a crazy woman crying and blubbering on about how everything is going wrong in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You should be checking with your doctor -regularly- for dosage adjustments. It's possible you went to a "standard" dose too quickly and just need to cut back a bit, and work your way back up to standard.

It's also possible that Lexapro is simply a combination of chemicals that don't work efficiently with your neurochemistry, and a different combination will be more appropriate. Your doctor needs to know how you're feeling - any of these kinds of odd feelings absolutely positively needs to be discussed.
While I agree that she needs to consult a doctor, I didn't comment on that part of her post because how she feels perfect sense to me. I sounds like txtqueen has constant racing and compulsive thoughts with her anxiety. And what's she's describing on the medication is just normal (no racing or compulsive thoughts) but doesn't seem normal to her because racing thoughts and compulsive thoughts are her norm. My son, who had severe anxiety, said the same thing about medication at first, but the reality is he never looked stoned or out of it, even though he thought he did. It just took him time to adjust to what's normal thoughts because he didn't know what normal thoughts felt like. But I agree that she should talk to a doctor about how she's feeling.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
What do you mean you don't have personal belongs in the military? Like I said, military for you wouldnt be an option at the moment anyway

I do think you need to see a doctor as well as relax and not worry about things so much. I just think your focus is on the wrong thing (material items maybe) and not so much as just making a plan is sticking to it. Seems if you dont get instant results or satisfaction that you give up or find a reason to say XXX isn't working instead of toughing it out.
You think since I am having freedom issues with work that I should go into the military but in the military you wear a uniform, you don't get your cellphone in the beginning, you don't have your car there with you. I can just up and get in my car and go for a drive. My goal in life is to gain freedom and independence, not tie my self down to an organization that would limit my freedoms even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Just ask BBB to cut back your hours starting with the next schedule. Just work two days a week there until you get a better grip on things. You can always add more hours later if you feel you're up for it. But I suspect that you won't last long working both jobs if you don't ensure that you have free time for yourself. But it's important that you keep the full time job until you start the police academy because it has benefits and you make more money there.
They won't do it. The position they put me in is a M-F position, if I am not back there with the other person no one else can be back there, nor will they let me cut back hours or anything. Its a set schedule kind of deal since I limited my availability so much. I spent my time talking to them about it today and begging for something different.

Quote:
While I agree that she needs to consult a doctor, I didn't comment on that part of her post because how she feels perfect sense to me. I sounds like txtqueen has constant racing and compulsive thoughts with her anxiety. And what's she's describing on the medication is just normal (no racing or compulsive thoughts) but doesn't seem normal to her because racing thoughts and compulsive thoughts are her norm. My son, who had severe anxiety, said the same thing about medication at first, but the reality is he never looked stoned or out of it, even though he thought he did. It just took him time to adjust to what's normal thoughts because he didn't know what normal thoughts felt like. But I agree that she should talk to a doctor about how she's feeling.
I never thought about it that way. It feels nice not to really think and to slow down a bit.

I still feel really nauseous and light headed. I am really running myself into the ground, if I go into the ER they might keep me over night and I wouldn't have to go into work tomorrow morning. I am pretty dehydrated you know the pinch the skin trick...it stays up. I just over all feel terrible. I can't eat anything I feel so nauseous and im light headed and I have a head ache right now. Or just wait to pass out at work tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:29 PM

My goal is to have my things and be able to support myself or pay for my things and be able to have money left over each month.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
TXT: Are you even sure if you are getting into the police academy? I thought you hadn't even picked up the paperwork yet? And an FYI, you need to see if you can get in if you are on anti-depressants. Not trying to be mean, but many police academies will not allow you into their programs if you are on any anti-depressants.

Hope things get better for you though

On another note since food is brought up again, any suggestions for healthy breakfasts that don't take any longer than 10-15 to whip up that doesn't use eggs?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
TXT: Are you even sure if you are getting into the police academy? I thought you hadn't even picked up the paperwork yet? And an FYI, you need to see if you can get in if you are on anti-depressants. Not trying to be mean, but many police academies will not allow you into their programs if you are on any anti-depressants.

Hope things get better for you though

On another note since food is brought up again, any suggestions for healthy breakfasts that don't take any longer than 10-15 to whip up that doesn't use eggs?
When I get on these I don't stay on them long. I don't really like them all that much, it DOES make me feel kinda of weird but right now I rather be sedated and not feel anything than feel the pain, anger, sadness and anxiety that I have been feeling.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 PM

It doesn't matter if you stay on them long or not. If you are on them, it can hinder your ability to get into the program you want to get into. They see it as how are you supposed to cope with the program if you need meds in regular life. Also, you never answered, have you gotten the paperwork or not?

And in all honesty, those types of meds are not to be taken just when you feel like it. In order for them to work properly, you need to take them daily. Not just one here another here, ect.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
They won't do it. The position they put me in is a M-F position, if I am not back there with the other person no one else can be back there, nor will they let me cut back hours or anything. Its a set schedule kind of deal since I limited my availability so much. I spent my time talking to them about it today and begging for something different.
This is what you say to them: "I can only work two nights per week here as a part time employee. If that can't happen, I will need to give my two week's notice. I hope you can accomodate me. I do like working here. I don't want to quit this job. If you could provide me with full time and benefits, I'd gladly leave my other job. But as it is now, the other job is my priority. I can't work this many hours. It's wearing me down. I can only work two nights per week."

If they insist they can't reduce your hours and can't offer you full time with benefits, be super sweet and give them notice. And remain there for the two weeks so you can have a good reference from them.

Quote:
I still feel really nauseous and light headed. I am really running myself into the ground, if I go into the ER they might keep me over night and I wouldn't have to go into work tomorrow morning. I am pretty dehydrated you know the pinch the skin trick...it stays up. I just over all feel terrible. I can't eat anything I feel so nauseous and im light headed and I have a head ache right now. Or just wait to pass out at work tomorrow.
You need to get a grip.

First, your symptoms are probably just side effects from your medication. Who prescribed them for you? All you need to do is call and tell them about the side effects. They will change the dosage or prescribe something to help you cope with the side effects. Side effects to antidepressants usually go away after the first four weeks.

Second, uou really should be in the ER if you are dehydrated. The ER will give you fluids. You'll feel better in a few hours. Maybe they'll prescribe you with anti-nausea medication. They're not going admit you to the hospital though---give up that fantasy.

Third and most importantly, you can't miss work at your new job---not even for medical reasons. You risk losing your job. Whatever you do, DO NOT share details about your personal problems and your health issues with your new employer. It's bad enough that BBB is hearing about it. You need to protect your new job. You have to learn to keep personal at home and not take it to work.

Quote:
My goal is to have my things and be able to support myself or pay for my things and be able to have money left over each month.
Forget the "things" part of the goal because you will have those "things" if you achieve your career goal. Every single decision you make should be made with your career goal in mind. That's what will get you your things. So, do everything you can to get into the police academy.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Forget the "things" part of the goal
That is one thing that stood out to me the most about her not wanting to join the military

"but in the military you wear a uniform, you don't get your cellphone in the beginning, you don't have your car there with you. I can just up and get in my car and go for a drive"

All THINGS! The cellphone, clothes, car?! Please- those are the weakest and silliest reasons if I ever heard for NOT joining the military. Give me the "I don't believe in war" crap, fine, but not having a cellphone (which is not true, you get to take it to BASIC with you) and a car, and a uniform, that you wear during WORK HOURS- like many other jobs. You still get a car, a cellphone and even civilian clothes in the military. You want to gain freedom and independence, but yet you don't want to put in the hard work to get those two things? Makes no sense

Anyway, TXT, I really do think you are bringing a lot of the anxiety on yourself. You have your priorities screwed up you really need to sit and think about what it means to be independent and have freedom and what you need to do in order to have either one and what you are willing to sacrifice for them

Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
That is one thing that stood out to me the most about her not wanting to join the military

"but in the military you wear a uniform, you don't get your cellphone in the beginning, you don't have your car there with you. I can just up and get in my car and go for a drive"

All THINGS! The cellphone, clothes, car?! Please- those are the weakest and silliest reasons if I ever heard for NOT joining the military. Give me the "I don't believe in war" crap, fine, but not having a cellphone (which is not true, you get to take it to BASIC with you) and a car, and a uniform, that you wear during WORK HOURS- like many other jobs. You still get a car, a cellphone and even civilian clothes in the military. You want to gain freedom and independence, but yet you don't want to put in the hard work to get those two things? Makes no sense
I agree that she needs to learn how to do without. She wants it all and she wants it now. Life's not what way. But she's not miliary material, even if she could give up the "things."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting