Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 12:58 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times

Advertisements

Here's a snippet for TXT; unfortunately, not uncommon in this part of the state: 12 Shot, 1 Dead in Youngstown - WKBN - 27 First News - Local News - Youngstown, Warren, Columbiana, Ohio - Sharon, Pennsylvania

In happier news...wondering if the Superbowl commercials are going to be any good? Black Eye Peas are performing so I may watch to see how out of shape I am compared to Fergie

The house is actually fairly silent as kiddos are napping & I am going to try to read in a chapter of enjoyment reading.

Everyone have a nice Sunday!

Old 02-06-2011, 01:00 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Looks like I'm the only one watching the Law and Order Marathon today...

Old 02-06-2011, 01:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Clip ins! You can actually make them yourself. Just buy a track of hair from a beauty store and sew on the clips, which they also sell. If you buy human hair you can dye them and wash them just like real hair!
I found a how-to video: http://healthystronghair.com/clipinhairextensions.php

Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Looks like I'm the only one watching the Law and Order Marathon today...
I'm reading The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion this afternoon.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
In happier news...wondering if the Superbowl commercials are going to be any good? Black Eye Peas are performing so I may watch to see how out of shape I am compared to Fergie
We've been invited to watch the Super Bowl with friends.

I haven't decided if I'll go. I'm really not in the mood.

I'll probably send hubby alone and enjoy having time by myself.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I don't get too excited about football, but we're going to watch the game with some co-workers of DH's. I'd rather stay home. We skipped church to play in the snow with the kids.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:36 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Hi guys! I just finished washing all my floors! Woo-hoo! The excitement never ends....

Just DH and I tonight. We'll grill some steaks out if it isn't snowing too badly. We got a good amount last evening/overnight..It was pretty to wake up to! Starting to snow again....so I guess we'll see.

Also doing laundry. Lots of catch up cleaning because in the past month, I've worked at least one day most weekends...

DD has been calling a lot today. She's doing some cooking and has lots of questions...The girl who said she'd never cook or sew is...cooking and sewing this year...LOL. She is done with her university required classes after this semester and will have the summer off (of school - she'll be working full time like last year, but it will seem like a treat to "only" be working over the summer). Then next year she'll just have her final push with her required stuff for her major and she'll be done! Hard to believe. I'm thrilled she'll finish in 4 years. Many kids aren't able to do that any more. It's just hard to get in the classes you need. She's already trying to figure out how to stick around and get her Master's......we'll see.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
DD has been calling a lot today. She's doing some cooking and has lots of questions...The girl who said she'd never cook or sew is...cooking and sewing this year...LOL. She is done with her university required classes after this semester and will have the summer off (of school - she'll be working full time like last year, but it will seem like a treat to "only" be working over the summer). Then next year she'll just have her final push with her required stuff for her major and she'll be done! Hard to believe. I'm thrilled she'll finish in 4 years. Many kids aren't able to do that any more. It's just hard to get in the classes you need. She's already trying to figure out how to stick around and get her Master's......we'll see.
That's awesome! My daughter is right on track too. (Fingers crossed!) Most people I know who didn't finish in four years changed their majors.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Many kids who attend large universities have a challenge finishing in 4 years, whether or not they change their major. Just trying to get in the required classes as underclassmen can be difficult because the classes fill up before it's even your turn to register. Fortunately for us, DD knew exactly what she wanted to do and actually declared her major prior to starting school. Also fortunately, she is not shy and not above meeting with a professor and begging to be enrolled - LOL......She stayed on track and kept in constant contact with professors, older students and advisors to make sure it would happen. Her scholarship is for 4 years. Period.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's awesome! My daughter is right on track too. (Fingers crossed!) Most people I know who didn't finish in four years changed their majors.
It took me five years and that was over 30 years ago. Over-crowded university. I couldn't get the required classes. The plus side was that I ended up getting more than one degree because I was taking so many electives.

Hey MM: You going to watch the game today? Have a favorite team?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting