Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 12:53 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times

Advertisements

Hopes - obviously for us not involved in the day to day, it's hard to relate a bit. Just from what you wrote, I think the sooner he is out the better - the less time he has to continue to hurt your son.

Somehow (not sure how) put a positive spin on it when you talk to your son. It really is for the best because the more your son would open back up to him, the more it would hurt when it comes crashing back down - and most likely it will since he seems a bit clueless and ungrateful.

Whatever you do - no matter what - do not take him back in. Put your family first and what is best for them.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm just so worried about DS.
You might be surprised. He might be relieved.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, I'll never let him come back. I truly am listening to the logic. I know it's for the best overall. I'm just so worried about DS.
Hopes: Take all the energy you've put into TK and his various tales of woe and put it into your son.

Considering the story about the movies I'd be holding the door open for TK. So it's bye, bye to him. You have someone much more important: Your son. He's who you concentrate on now.

And he'll be a lot more appreciative.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Hopes - sorry to hear about the kid. He is very immature, and sounds ungrateful. You have gone above and beyond for him, yet he still doesn't get it or appreciate it. I think your DS gets that TK is a user and a loser, and that's probably why he was reluctant to get close to him again. I think you will all be better off with him gone.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:48 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Hopes, you've gone above and beyond. Close the door, close your heart, and let the chips fall as they may. DS sounds more deserving of your time, and I wish him the best.

Num, the car things s**k. We don't have that issue with our car (DH and I share since he is retired and building his own company from his home office), but the cars for our boys are a constant expense. It makes me crazy! This one needs brakes, that one needs tires, this one decided to go off roading and blew his transmission, that one took a short-cut down a dirt road and slid into a ditch in the rain, AGH! The only saving grace is that DH can fix most car issues on his own. He's a pretty handy guy.

Now, my basil bush is exploding. How does one make basil butter Coop, and what do you use it for?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
first continuing ed class down, 23 more to go! It took an hour just to get the $%%^ video to play on the computer. Once I got it working, no big deal.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Now, my basil bush is exploding. How does one make basil butter Coop, and what do you use it for?
Basil Butter Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I made some more last night since we got more basil. Last night we put it on the corn from the farm. And we've used it on warm french bread. It is sooooo good!

I'm not a huge fan of pesto but our son is, so I'm going to attempt it tonight and also am going to make bruschetta since we got a lot of cherry tomatoes as well. I broke down and bought the baguette though since I don't have time to make my own today. I completely forgot DS had his last appointment with the orthopedic! Remembered at the last minute - I forget he even broke his pelvis. Seems such a non issue.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
TK is officially gone!

There was zero drama. I arranged to meet him at a park to talk with him privately before he came home to pack his stuff.

DS is absolutely fine about it. We even helped him pack.

Just because I often ranted about TK here doesn't mean that my energy wasn't always focused on DS.

TK didn't take much of my time since he initially broke his hand. He was rarely here---just stopping in to shower and sleep---over the past few months.

I just needed to vent about TK sometimes. I don't rant or vent about DS here because he very rarely makes me angery.

I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear that I have decided I will never take in another stray.

If someone deserving needs help, I'll help in other ways, but nobody is moving into my home again.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:49 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
That's us too. We don't put many miles on the cars - especially now that he works 5 miles from the house. My car is a 2006 with only 32,000 miles on it. We really could almost have one car and really thought about it but have never followed through!
We did that for five years. Mostly it was okay, but sometimes it was a colossal PIA. The kids were smaller then-- we'd never be able to do it now. Too much choreography. In fact, we have three cars while dd is overseas; I could absolutely get used to that.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:51 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Basil Butter Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I made some more last night since we got more basil. Last night we put it on the corn from the farm. And we've used it on warm french bread. It is sooooo good!
That sounds delicious! I'm going to give it a try!
Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of pesto but our son is, so I'm going to attempt it tonight and also am going to make bruschetta since we got a lot of cherry tomatoes as well. I broke down and bought the baguette though since I don't have time to make my own today.
If the pesto seems more like paste than sauce after processing it, add more olive oil (or chicken broth) before tossing with the pasto. I preferred using chicken broth because I don't like my pesto too oily. Plus, I preferred the flavor with the chicken broth added to it. Learn from my mistake---it needs to pour like a sauce, not be a thick paste! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting