Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 09:11 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times

Advertisements

As a mom myself, this breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 PM

866 posts, read 630,115 times
to whom it may concern:
I make no apologies for expressing my opinions of the OP's parenting and/or the family. My opinions are as VALID as anybody else's opinions and I stand behind what I wrote about the OP's parenting (which I unfortunately deleted), PRIOR TO learning about the death of the OP's son, and I continue to believe in what I wrote regardless of eventual circumstances which does not alter what happened in that family's past.
Many of you have posted your ANGRY and ABUSIVE opinions about my opinions but - SO WHAT? - these are JUST OUR OPINIONS and you can take them any way you wish. Deal with it!
I feel no need to defend or explain my opinions which can change at any time!
And again, I feel very sorry for the OP's loss.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:55 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
to whom it may concern:
I make no apologies for expressing my opinions of the OP's parenting and/or the family. My opinions are as VALID as anybody else's opinions and I stand behind what I wrote about the OP's parenting (which I unfortunately deleted), PRIOR TO learning about the death of the OP's son, and I continue to believe in what I wrote regardless of eventual circumstances which does not alter what happened in that family's past.
Many of you have posted your ANGRY and ABUSIVE opinions about my opinions but - SO WHAT? - these are JUST OUR OPINIONS and you can take them any way you wish. Deal with it!
I feel no need to defend or explain my opinions which can change at any time!
And again, I feel very sorry for the OP's loss.
Asking for details of the son's death (if the OP wanted us to know they would have said), and suggesting a psychic?

That's not an opinion. That is an assinine response to a painful situation.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:19 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,853 times
I'm not certain what's going on here.

Is someone thinking they're getting me all up in my feelings by posting mean things about me or my son?

Please. My son is dead. Nothing comes close to touching that pain.

People interpret what they hear and see through the filtres of their own experiences... their own traumas, etc. So, people who've been bad parents or who've had bad parents - throw that label upon others to deflect from their own pain or merely because they can only see the world through what has happened to them.

I am many things. I have failed miserably A LOT. My son? No. I did, of course, make human errs in parenting him - that's how life works.

But, that child was loved... further - he felt love... he knew he was loved... he felt SEEN and HEARD and KNOWN... to the depths of his being that he'd long since lost touch with.

I am an awake and aware and incredibly honest human being - i have no thing to blame myself for - regarding my son's tragic death.

There's not a more loving and caring and honest and dedicated mother than i was to my sonny.

People can project their heartache onto me and my son all they want - but it rolls right off - because - my roll with my son ---> I am good with it.

He died tragically, like no parent wants for their child - but, make no mistake - he died knowing he was worshipped as the love of my life - that i would come find him whether he went, no matter how far he strayed, or how much trouble he got in, i had his back - 100.

I got nothing but pride in how fully well i did at loving my son and having him feel it to his core - lemme tell you, if love could save lives - my boy would be right here telling y'all - My moms ain't lyin yo... that lady's been my saviour - more times than i can count. she's the real deal.

we're true soul mates - not the romanticised crap - the real deal. two souls forever connected.

love you babe... #SammuelKingsley #Forever28

Old 12-29-2016, 11:18 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
think.reciprocity: Beautifully, eloquently said.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:31 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
And my sympathy to you a million times over. My God bring you some peace in your loss

Old 12-29-2016, 11:51 AM

903 posts, read 583,700 times
I read the initial post and noticed the date and wondered what revived it. I am so sorry for your loss. We also have a son that we had to "kick out". At this point, he is still alive, but still continuing to make plenty of bad choices. We were not perfect parents, none are. We did the best that we knew how. Children become adults though and they are responsible for the decisions they make, regardless of decisions made around them.

I cannot fathom our pain. Parents aren't supposed to outlive their children.

It does sound like you are confident that he knew in the end he was loved. Allow that to ease your pain.

Thank you for your courage with the original post. It gave me hope. Thank you for your courage to provide the update. It still gives me hope.

cd :O)

Old 12-29-2016, 11:28 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,853 times
Default NARCON Saves Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
I read the initial post and noticed the date and wondered what revived it. I am so sorry for your loss. We also have a son that we had to "kick out". At this point, he is still alive, but still continuing to make plenty of bad choices. We were not perfect parents, none are. We did the best that we knew how. Children become adults though and they are responsible for the decisions they make, regardless of decisions made around them.

I cannot fathom our pain. Parents aren't supposed to outlive their children.

It does sound like you are confident that he knew in the end he was loved. Allow that to ease your pain.

Thank you for your courage with the original post. It gave me hope. Thank you for your courage to provide the update. It still gives me hope.

cd :O)
If there's any chance at all that your child or anyone close to you is using opiates - pills (legally or street pills), needles, patches, snorting - whatever - find out if you can get NARCAN from a pharmacy - just in case.

have your kid carry one - and have him tell his friends where it is and how to use it.

it'll pull your child from the arms of death and back to you.

#harmreduction

Old 12-30-2016, 07:55 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Sorry, OP, for your loss. The death of a child is a heavy load to bear. As you have said, he knew that he was loved. Even when you were both going through tough times, the love was there. I know that you will miss him. Take all the time that you need to grieve and allow yourself to feel whatever emotions you feel (I know when my brother died, I felt both anger and sorrow). It won't be easy but you will get through this one day at a time.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:43 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
I am so sorry for you loss,OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting