Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
What's wrong with knees?
Those sexy like shoulders or something?

This is the kind of stuff that baffles me....
Why cover knees? What about them needs to be covered?
What's wrong with bermuda shorts that come to right above the knee, that way you aren't ruling out shorts all together and girls won't have just capris to wear.
Geez, give it a rest. If psr doesn't wear shorts and doesn't want her kids to wear shorts, that's her perogative. If her future children have a problem with that rule, they can take it up with her then. There is never going to be universal agreement on what's appropriate and what's not, although we all seem to agree that the outfits in the OP were over the top revealing for 14 and 15 yos, which is what the thread is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 09:34 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Wearing a lingerie top, and boyshorts to go to a under 21 club?

Moderator cut: Removing link, sorry. See my note below. Can we discuss in general terms and not have pics?
I don't even understand this question. On what planet would this happen? Who is driving her there? How did she get permission to even own clothes like that, let alone go out to wherever?

There is no premise for this question.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:39 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't even understand this question. On what planet would this happen? Who is driving her there? How did she get permission to even own clothes like that, let alone go out to wherever?

There is no premise for this question.
This planet.

Probably someone else's parents, except she won't be wearing that outfit when she gets dropped of but she will later.
You don't GET permission to wear clothes like that, you get an allowance or christmas money and you go to the mall and hide what you bought.

"teen clubs" are pretty popular most parents would allow their kid to go provided it was safe and they trusted their kid but you don't HAVE to get permission to go places like that, simply ask to go one place and have your ride take you to another. It's easy unless your parents have GPS on your cell phone.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Geez, give it a rest. If psr doesn't wear shorts and doesn't want her kids to wear shorts, that's her perogative. If her future children have a problem with that rule, they can take it up with her then. There is never going to be universal agreement on what's appropriate and what's not, although we all seem to agree that the outfits in the OP were over the top revealing for 14 and 15 yos, which is what the thread is about.
But why does no one ever explain the reasoning behind this kind of stuff?

Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,837,831 times
Quote:
4 inches is pretty long, no butt cheeks hanging out, the upper part of the thigh covered.
4" is the approximate width of a human palm. 4" is one inch shorter than a 3 x 5" index card. 4" is less than the length of my Droid X smart phone.

So -- pretty long for someone who works at Hooters, perhaps. Otherwise, no.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
But why does no one ever explain the reasoning behind this kind of stuff?
Do you mean the reasoning behind rules you find to be too strict? If you want, I can explain my reasoning about the clothes in the OP (I saw the picture before it came down). I don't know what psr's reasoning is - ask her. But then don't argue with her about why her reasoning is wrong. Open-mindedness needs to cut both ways, y'know? We all, you included, have different things that we find to be permissible or not for our own behavior or for our kids' behavior. None of us have cornered the market on the perfect way to parent appropriately for all people at all times.

Last edited by eastwesteastagain; 05-06-2012 at 10:28 AM..

Old 05-06-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
4" is the approximate width of a human palm. 4" is one inch shorter than a 3 x 5" index card. 4" is less than the length of my Droid X smart phone.

So -- pretty long for someone who works at Hooters, perhaps. Otherwise, no.
I don't work at hooters and I have those same shorts, they aren't hoochie Hooters shorts, have you seen hooters shorts? Those don't even have a 4in inseam, I'm pretty sure its like an inch.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 AM

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...atId=cat380159

These would be cute and conservative and they aren't capris so a little cooler (temp wise) to wear.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:28 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
This planet.

Probably someone else's parents, except she won't be wearing that outfit when she gets dropped of but she will later.
You don't GET permission to wear clothes like that, you get an allowance or christmas money and you go to the mall and hide what you bought.

"teen clubs" are pretty popular most parents would allow their kid to go provided it was safe and they trusted their kid but you don't HAVE to get permission to go places like that, simply ask to go one place and have your ride take you to another. It's easy unless your parents have GPS on your cell phone.
The first time any of the aforementioned happened would be the last time the kid left the house unsupervised for a loooooong ass time. Privileges revoked once trust is abused.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The first time any of the aforementioned happened would be the last time the kid left the house unsupervised for a loooooong ass time. Privileges revoked once trust is abused.
Thank you captain obvious, what would planet earth do without you?

Anyways. You were saying this question wouldn't even work out. You had no idea how any of that could even be possible. I was simply explaining how it could happen and that it was plausible.

We all know any good parent would do something if it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting