Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,054,429 times

Advertisements

Haven't read the whole thread but if and when I have a kid, and he throws a tantrum, I'm going to slap him into oblivion. If any person dares to call the cops on me, man or woman, they are getting slapped too. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
But when you see a parent screaming or hitting a little kid in public, you can't make the assumption that its always harmless. I may not have called the cops like what happened to OPs friend, but I would have said something. It IS my business. And everyone's. You take a risk for sure. But its a risk I'm willing to take to protect a POSSIBLY abused kid and prevent another generation of violent, irresponsible teenagers who would menace all of us.
Mind your god damn business. I hate people like you.

Your the type of person that will defend a girlfriend from her boyfriend, if you see them arguing, without knowing what she did to deserve it.

"Is he hurting you young lady?"

Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Haven't read the whole thread but if and when I have a kid, and he throws a tantrum, I'm going to slap him into oblivion. If any person dares to call the cops on me, man or woman, they are getting slapped too. End of story.
And then you will go to jail.

If you put your hands on another adult it is assault. And while putting your hands on a child is usually technically legal, and clearly immoral, slapping a child "into oblivion" is clearly abuse.

No parent OWNS their child.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,883,974 times
Quote:

It's reasons such as these that there are so many issues about hitting your children,etc.

Slap him into oblivion?

Slapping others?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Mind your god damn business. I hate people like you.

Your the type of person that will defend a girlfriend from her boyfriend, if you see them arguing, without knowing what she did to deserve it.

"Is he hurting you young lady?"
"Deserve it"? Adults may argue when they disagree but if you are arguing with your girlfriend to punish her because she "deserves it", than you need to seek some serious professional help. Same goes to anyone woman who would choose to date a male who makes sure she gets what she "deserves".

Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
In other words... let your children run rampid in public doing whatever they please from what they may have possibly picked up from other peers within the school system... gotcha
Give this man a prize. I would rep you if it allowed me too.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,816 times
This thread is REALLY about to take a turn for the worst.

Agree to disagree? What some may say is abuse others don't see it that way and screaming (typing in caps) on a forum isn't helping anyone.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,686 times
Quote:
Please use condoms...always!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Any of my friends that got spanked grew up to be good people. I got spanked too. Getting a love tap from your parents isnt abuse, even though NYC liberals would have you believe it is. Kids are more hooked on drugs now then ever before. Why is that, ? Because they have been overpraised, overcoddled, and told how great they are. It's really sad what society is coming to. Timeout is just afor spineless parents who dont want to properly discipline their kids. That liberal think tank the American Association of Pediatrics came out 15 years ago and said to never touch your kids and constantly praise them. That advice has created a generation of unmotivated, lazy, entitlement minded kids who do drugs because theyve never had to deal with reality or be held accountable so they run to the drugs when the going gets tough. We are doomed.
Kudos. I can't stand these liberals sometimes.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
If I see a child being hit by an adult I will always report it.
Mind your damn business. I can't wait till your nosiness comes back to bite you.... hopefully you learn your lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting