Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times

Advertisements

Carry on as if nothing happened?
Confront the mother for adultery?
Keep the child out of the affair?

Should the man be allowed to walk out without being legally responsible? Cause that ain't how it works in many states.

One thing for sure, as a step-child I sure got treated differently than my half-sibling, even if the man knew what he was getting into. Is it fair for me to criticize my former legal guardian for this or is this behavior something to be expected?

Old 08-03-2013, 12:54 PM

1,092 posts, read 833,902 times
Whatever your response, try not to trample all over the innocent child's self-esteem.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:57 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Ah...I would bolt!!!!!

Hopefully the child is not too old to understand.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:59 PM

491 posts, read 570,003 times
Leave her. The child is gonna be hurt because the people that raised them are separating. You can't prevent this useless the man never finds out or if he does, be a wimp and stay. How to fix the problem? Leave them both and the mother should go after the biological father. If she can't find him...well that's something she should have thought about ahead of time.

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Just need to remember that it's not the child's fault while confronting the woman so you're not putting the blame on the child, too.

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Carry on as if nothing happened?
Confront the mother for adultery?
Keep the child out of the affair?

Should the man be allowed to walk out without being legally responsible? Cause that ain't how it works in many states.

One thing for sure, as a step-child I sure got treated differently than my half-sibling, even if the man knew what he was getting into. Is it fair for me to criticize my former legal guardian for this or is this behavior something to be expected?
Your post is exactly the point of my argument in the other thread... what good is gonna come out of the paternity thing.... so you're dad has been your dad for all your live.... he finds out your not his bio kid... he may, just may, resent the hell out of you, maybe not, but if he does you would feel it....just as I bolded your very own statement...... why should you as the kid be treated differently... is that fair to you..... I say no..... it's not....

Keep the kid out of the affair..... either try and keep the marriage going or split, but don't treat the kid like some kind of god damn pariah......

Is that fair to the kid, as in was it fair to you to be treated differently than you half siblings... and that is just a step dad.... imagine if it was the situation we've been talking about... how much different he might have treated you....

Why is this subject so hard for some people to get..... I'm not even a bleeding heart libby and I can't understand the coldness I've seen in these threads.....

Old 08-03-2013, 01:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Ah...I would bolt!!!!!

Hopefully the child is not too old to understand.
And if the child is?

Old 08-03-2013, 01:03 PM

491 posts, read 570,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your post is exactly the point of my argument in the other thread... what good is gonna come out of the paternity thing.... so you're dad has been your dad for all your live.... he finds out your not his bio kid... he may, just may, resent the hell out of you, maybe not, but if he does you would feel it....just as I bolded your very own statement...... why should you as the kid be treated differently... is that fair to you..... I say no..... it's not....

Keep the kid out of the affair..... either try and keep the marriage going or split, but don't treat the kid like some kind of god damn pariah......

Is that fair to the kid, as in was it fair to you to be treated differently than you half siblings... and that is just a step dad.... imagine if it was the situation we've been talking about... how much different he might have treated you....

Why is this subject so hard for some people to get..... I'm not even a bleeding heart libby and I can't understand the coldness I've seen in these threads.....
Step kids get treated differently. I was a step child and I noticed it. It's not fair to the kid and it's not fair to the cuckold. I'm seeing it from both angles and it sucks both ways. The kid can't be left out of the affair because the child is apart of it. And the result of one. If you split the child is going to feel it and the man will have a hard time even looking at the child the same way.

It's not fair, but neither is life. I accept that.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:05 PM

337 posts, read 897,220 times
Depends... did I love her? Were we in a relationship? One night thing?

One night thing? Relieved
Love/relationship? Angry, then relieved. I'd probably take solace that she'd be one of the desperate baby mommas on POF trying to find a poor sap as a sugar daddy.

That's just an indication she cheated on me. I have 0 tolerance for that. Why would I stay with her? I'd be out of there asap. Look the kid in the eyes regardless of how old he is and tell him one day your ***** of a mother will find your true father

Last edited by CrossCountryTrip; 08-03-2013 at 01:16 PM..

Old 08-03-2013, 01:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
I'd be bolting.

But then again I never wanted kids, so this has never been an issue for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting