Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:54 PM

491 posts, read 569,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He is the only father the boy knows. He's his son, biological or not. PERIOD.
The boy THINKS he's the father. He's NOT the father. At best he's a surrogate dad. It's not his son it's some other man's. At best the boy is a step son which he isn't since he didn't adopt the boy, he was tricked into raising another man's.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:55 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,693,802 times
This is hard because of the trust that was destroyed. There's no right or wrong answer here.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:57 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,693,802 times
Wait a minute, isn't the question "how should a man react when he finds out a child . . . " and NOT "how should a child react when finds out a father . . . "?

Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM

158 posts, read 210,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Because you love him and want to help him grow up to be a happy and productive adult? If you can't separate love, from biology, you should leave your family NOW. Let them find another male that has some idea of what love and family means.

I won't be the happy cuckhold, that's for sure. If the kid needs the father, they better find the real one.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:00 PM

491 posts, read 569,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
Wait a minute, isn't the question "how should a man react when he finds out a child . . . " and NOT "how should a child react when finds out a father . . . "?
Yes. Yet all that seems to come up is the child's feelings. If more men reacted like this, there would be no cuckolds which means this wouldn't even be a question. Women would realize that if you cheat on your spouse and have kids with another man you will suffer for it, therefore making the option undesirable. The only reason why cuckolds exist now in this day and age is because men are too dumb not to get a paternity test.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,629,024 times
Boy I like this discussion. I really want to hear this chowhound finally make his opinion...

Please argue why the medieval methods of paternity should also be backed up by various incredibly devious ploys that are of modern origin to trap even more fathers and block them from dealing with their potential troubles.
I never heard anyone arguing that taking someone's fingerprint to issue their documents is a bad thing because it makes you feel like a criminal, or that fingerprinting shouldn't be around.
You got cornered and you can't avoid the obvious question any longer. You don't think that guys should do paternity testing unless the mother approves it. Thus they'll be at huge risk of destroying any relationship because of attitudes displayed on this topic, a no-win situation that will either make them accept that they shouldn't know it at all or a situation where they'll call it out and get into trouble, most probably alienating themselves from the child they even think is biologically their own and which they'd gladly raise.

Last edited by nald; 08-03-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 08-03-2013, 03:02 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Bold part - nothing. It's already too late to do anything. Even if the guy wanted to do anything different, it's too late. Some cuckolds get cast out anyways after a few years of a child's life so it's not like they raised the child for 15 years, they were literally the child's meal ticket and they would like to opt out, but they won't be able to.
Thing is that you don't want to accept a simple thing that I want to hear... an agreement about something so simple that nobody should even question it. That all those wild scenarios involving cuckoldry should be thing of the past in today's world, because all newborns should have their paternity established via paternity testing and that paternity testing should be mandatory and routine procedure upon birth.
I NEVER GOT THAT ANSWER FROM YOU. NEVER. So it's obvious that you're acting like some kind of an activist. 15 years of cuckoldry should not be the fate for new generations any longer. Yet people like you think otherwise. That qualifiest you as a man-hater and possible activist of various organizations that are blasphemous to be even funded by money of the taxpayers, much less by men whom they deliberately bash.
Dude lighten up..... you're gonna pop a vein in your neck. Notice how I'm not blasting off insults to you... get that part.... maybe I should report you for calling names????

I did answer your query, I did in my last post to you, if there is gonna be paternity checking, do it when the baby is born and doesn't know you, if you decide to skip out.

I don't have much of an issue with that.....as long as the tax payer isn't on the hook... don't give a rip otherwise.

I'm just not a fan of destroying families when it has been a long long time...... and finding out mom screwed around 15 yrs ago... doesn't do much in the present moment.

My only simple point was that...

You are making this way way personal and I don't have any kind of man hatin agendas to speak of....

Old 08-03-2013, 03:02 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
Yes. Yes it is.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:06 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dude lighten up..... you're gonna pop a vein in your neck. Notice how I'm not blasting off insults to you... get that part.... maybe I should report you for calling names????

I did answer your query, I did in my last post to you, if there is gonna be paternity checking, do it when the baby is born and doesn't know you, if you decide to skip out.

I don't have much of an issue with that.....as long as the tax payer isn't on the hook... don't give a rip otherwise.

I'm just not a fan of destroying families when it has been a long long time...... and finding out mom screwed around 15 yrs ago... doesn't do much in the present moment.

You are making this way way personal and I don't have any kind of man hatin agendas to speak of....
It doesn't have to be a paternity test. It could be through a medical problem. I knew a classmate who found out due to a hereditary disease, and his "father" left him cold.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:06 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I agree. If you have it in you to be an @sshole, then do the paternity test at birth, so at least the kid doesn't grow up with an @sshole for a father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting