Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 PM

491 posts, read 570,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
You're the one arguing with me, asking me to respond to your questions in order to defend my point of view. And when I do, I'm "shaming" you?

Dude. Just stop.

Again, if you want to leave in that circumstance then do it. The only thing I was commenting on was this idea that doing so was best for the child. I disagree. I think responsible adults put their hurt feelings aside and put the kids they love ahead of revenge/pride/ego. You see it differently. Yay you. End of story.
The best for a the child is to be raised by both biological parent because, if you had been listening, step children are treated way worse than biological children. It's a scientific fact. In other words the mother didn't care about the child. She just wanted a free ride from a stupid man. So who has the ego again?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Yes, my half sibling is the biological child of my abusive step-father.
So it proves my, and another poster's, point about step children: they are treated worse than biological children. That's why you got treated worse and why I myself have gotten treated worse.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:22 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
So it proves my, and another poster's, point about step children: they are treated worse than biological children. That's why you got treated worse and why I myself have gotten treated worse.
Well fortunately for other step-children they get treated better than me.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Yes, she is his child. Even looks like him.

I never said that he wasn't my real father to my step-father. That was mostly out of fear though.
Sorry you were in fear of your step father.... crappy situation... we all have something from our childhoods that aren't good, we try and move forward the best we can... if it helps, you seem like a good guy... not sure how old your are, but your posts are pretty good....

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
That's not always true. I know several people that consider their step-father their real father. Just depends on the person and the family.

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Quote:
The best for a the child is to be raised by both biological parent because, if you had been listening, step children are treated way worse than biological children. It's a scientific fact. In other words the mother didn't care about the child. She just wanted a free ride from a stupid man. So who has the ego again?

That is not an across-the-board fact.

And this situation is not the same as a step parent situation anyway. We are talking about a child someone has presumably bonded with as their own since birth, not a child they had to learn to love because it was attached to a parent romantic interest. It is obviously possible to love a child you are not biologically related to.

You don't know what the mother did or did not care about. The world is not black and white in that way. Every situation is different.

Anyway, let it go, lest I keep responding and you keep accusing me of oppressing you LOL.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Well fortunately for other step-children they get treated better than me.
But do they get treated the same as the biological child? Some step children get treated fairly, but most don't. You and I can attest to that.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That is not an across-the-board fact.

And this situation is not the same as a step parent situation anyway. We are talking about a child someone has presumably bonded with as their own since birth, not a child they had to learn to love because it was attached to a parent romantic interest. It is obviously possible to love a child you are not biologically related to.

You don't know what the mother did or did not care about. The world is not black and white in that way. Every situation is different.

Anyway, let it go, lest I keep responding and you keep accusing me of oppressing you LOL.
On average step children get treated worse. I know she didn't care about the child because if she did she'd be married to the biological father. She doesn't. So she didn't marry him and the courts back her up. Unless she was raped, it's her fault. The world is actually kind of black and white. In what society is murdering a random person legal or okay? What society murders parents for taking care of their child? There are human standards that go across the board.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's not always true. I know several people that consider their step-father their real father. Just depends on the person and the family.
Strawman argument. There are far more that, at some point, told their step parent 'you aren't my real mom/dad'.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Quote:
Strawman argument. There are far more that, at some point, told their step parent 'you aren't my real mom/dad'.
You aren't very good at this debating stuff. YOu said step children are treated worse than biological children. I said that's not always true. You said that's a strawman argument. That doesn't make sense. You made a blanket statement - I pointed out that it's simply not true. My mother-in-law was raised mostly by her step-father. Her mother and step-father also had a daughter together. He raised both children as his own and loved them both dearly. My mother-in-law considered her step-father to be her real father. I have another friend like this as well. You can say that these relationships are in the minority but you can't say they don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting