Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:43 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
It's in the child's best interest to continue in whatever stable, loving home the child already knows. The idea is to minimize the disruption. So even if a divorce is in the cards, removing a parent from the situation is not helpful to the child.

If you want to be selfish then be selfish, but don't kid yourself that a child old enough to remember you would be better off with your sudden departure from their life.

Sure. I already gave an argument and no woman replied. Here it is again. Imagine if I was your husband and I fathered a child on the side. The mother raised it but she passed away or she decided to leave the child to me. The child comes to your home and I suggest that it's in the child's best interest tot continue in whatever stable, loving home the child already knows. I was visiting my child secretly from time to time so I think the child should be in here with my siblings.

Imagine yourself with Arnold Schwarzenegger scenario and imagine that you found out that a 3-5 y/o kid walking around by your maid is your husband's son. You'll use all legal options that you have:
1. cast your husband away and possibly alienate him from your other children
2. cast that child away as well as the maid

You wouldn't say that your husband's little bastard deserves a stable, loving home. You'll throw that child on the street, regardless of the fact that the kid will be separated from his step-brothers and step-sisters. You won't care about the child's well-being, stop being a hypocrite. Now just imagine if you were cuckolded to raise that bastard child for those same years.

Let the saint on this forum cast the stone upon me. But I argue that you wouldn't raise that child either.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:44 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
It wasn't his. It was someone elses.
He stated "HIS SON". Read the post I was responding to.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDD View Post
Why?
Because you are a father, yet you could stop loving your son on a dime. That isn't a father. That's a cold-hearted piece of ****.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM

491 posts, read 569,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He stated "HIS SON". Read the post I was responding to.
He also said if it wasn't his he'd leave. Reread the post you were responding to. He was using the word 'son' because that's what he thought the boy was.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:47 PM

158 posts, read 210,502 times
Quote:
Because you are a father, yet you could stop loving your son on a dime. That isn't a father. That's a cold-hearted piece of ****.
Well, if he isn't mine, why should I be responsible for him? In this case, I know he has my blood so it will never happen.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
He also said if it wasn't his he'd leave. Reread the post you were responding to. He was using the word 'son' because that's what he thought the boy was.
He is the only father the boy knows. He's his son, biological or not. PERIOD.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDD View Post
Well, if he isn't mine, why should I be responsible for him? In this case, I know he has my blood so it will never happen.
Because you love him and want to help him grow up to be a happy and productive adult? If you can't separate love, from biology, you should leave your family NOW. Let them find another male that has some idea of what love and family means.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:53 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Normal, emotionally healthy adults bond deeply to children they spend a lot of time with and are in role of responsibility with. This is not affected by genetics. Adoptive parents don't love their kids any less.

This is an internet phenomenon perpetuated mainly by guys who have never been around kids and by self-confessed spousal abusers, IME.
Not all men are emotionally healthy. For some, it might be better to give them the option to leave.

158 posts, read 210,502 times
Quote:
He is the only father the boy knows. He's his son, biological or not. PERIOD.
He's not a father, they're better known as cuckholds.

1,340 posts, read 1,628,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I sound like a man-hatin women disguised as a man....... Here I thought you were gonna play nice... I don't advocate anything, it's a simple as why ask why when it's too late to do anything about it.

If it were to be done, do it at birth..... WTF good is gonna come out of it when the kid is 15???

You gonna take him to court to sue for money.

You put a lein on his future earnings.

Sir, I don't have any agenda.... I start off with a simple supposition..... what good is gonna come out of it in the real world???

The milk has been spilled.

The barn door has been left open.

I'm out of idioms.....
Bold part - nothing. It's already too late to do anything. Even if the guy wanted to do anything different, it's too late. Some cuckolds get cast out anyways after a few years of a child's life so it's not like they raised the child for 15 years, they were literally the child's meal ticket and they would like to opt out, but they won't be able to.
Thing is that you don't want to accept a simple thing that I want to hear... an agreement about something so simple that nobody should even question it. That all those wild scenarios involving cuckoldry should be thing of the past in today's world, because all newborns should have their paternity established via paternity testing and that paternity testing should be mandatory and routine procedure upon birth.
I NEVER GOT THAT ANSWER FROM YOU. NEVER. So it's obvious that you're acting like some kind of an activist. 15 years of cuckoldry should not be the fate for new generations any longer. Yet people like you think otherwise. That qualifiest you as a man-hater and possible activist of various organizations that are blasphemous to be even funded by money of the taxpayers, much less by men whom they deliberately bash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting