Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

LOL.... you've done this type of post a bunch of times... Do you just type and hit enter and decide to edit it later... why not think thru before hitting submit reply.......

Old 08-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Normal, emotionally healthy adults bond deeply to children they spend a lot of time with and are in role of responsibility with. This is not affected by genetics. Adoptive parents don't love their kids any less.

This is an internet phenomenon perpetuated mainly by guys who have never been around kids and by self-confessed spousal abusers, IME.
Yeah, I agree, the minority is the loudest too, apparently.....

Old 08-03-2013, 02:17 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... you've done this type of post a bunch of times... Do you just type and hit enter and decide to edit it later... why not think thru before hitting submit reply.......
It's a habit from another forum, where it's standard practice if your post is going to be at the bottom of the page.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:18 PM

491 posts, read 569,405 times
Quote:
Normal, emotionally healthy adults bond deeply to children they spend a lot of time with and are in role of responsibility with. This is not affected by genetics. Adoptive parents don't love their kids any less.

This is an internet phenomenon perpetuated mainly by guys who have never been around kids and by self-confessed spousal abusers, IME.
Normal, emotionally healthy adults don't cheat on their spouse and have kids with other people. This is affected by genetics when the genetics are verified. Step-children get treated different than biological ones with the only exception being parents that adopt based on: they can't have kids of their own, don't want to go through pregnancy process, or are looking after the child of someone who is incapable of caring for them.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
It's a habit from another forum, where it's standard practice if your post is going to be at the bottom of the page.
Wouldn't you suppose that is a little childish, or selfish maybe??????

Not sayin, just sayin.....

Old 08-03-2013, 02:25 PM

158 posts, read 210,393 times
I would break all ties with the child immediately and ruin the child's mother's live as best as I could. I would file to be financially compensated of all the money I had spent on the kid.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDD View Post
I would break all ties with the child immediately and ruin the child's mother's live as best as I could. I would file to be financially compensated of all the money I had spent on the kid.
LOL, well, no pu$$y footin around from you.....

Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
Quote:
Yeah... I hear ya..... still didn't answer my question about dealing with the end results..... long long after the kid is here and nothing can be done about it...you gonna dump the kid off on someone, even though you have had a bond with her??? You Nald personally, would you do that???

You can rattle of legal mumbo jumbo and I get that... truly... but again... end result little girl thinks you're dad.... do you dump her..

Answer that part and don't redirect to some other portion of the argument.......
Little boys and girls think of many children as their daddies when their mommies are changing boyfriends and bring them for a brief period of time into their home. You argument isn't on spot on that one.

The part I don't like about you is your inherent attitude as displayed in here:

Quote:
The law makes it the husbands responsibility because the state doesn't want to have to pick up the tab for raising the kid... plain simple... not a difficult thing to understand there... and hell yeah, I would be upset.... I'm all about making sure some innocent child doesn't have to pay the bill for the moms mistakes......
This reeks of downplaying the seriousness with the words "upset". And "mistakes". This just isn't a vocabulary of any guy I might ask about cuckoldry. Father being "upset". Mother making a "mistake". No way.Let me tell you something, you sound like a man-hating woman who disguised as a man to post in here and insidiously impose your desired thoughts. I agree on situation when we're talking about older persons, it's not like the guy would have any other option anyways.

And the whole situation is exactly my argument why any guy must never allow even a remote chance of that happening, yet it happens, it happens and it's very widespread. Cuckolding doesn't affect people who know of affairs and walk away, but the guys who don't suspect it as a general rule. The solution can be done independently on the mother and google is any guy's friend. I may post a random link, they even help them how to avoid any possibility of legal sanctions and remain complete anonymity. Some even have a video of a psychologist telling the guys what they might be thinking of, possible frauds, possibly getting caught, thier wife's opinion if they're doing it secretly etc, encouraging them what to do and stuff. They want people's money and they'll provide service that is ground-breaking for the guys who never suspected cuckoldry in the first place but they cought it by a routine test. They are definitely feeling great for it.

My opinion is that you deliberately downplay and discourage people from doing paternity testing on birth or you discourage an opinion that paternity establishment shouldn't be done by medieval methods any more, but via modern methods. You never wanted to agree that paternity should be a routinely done activity to avoid all the scenarios of finding out the child isn't yours after 15-20 years of raising a child that was result of your wife's affair or something. That tells a lot.

Let me tell you this. A guy rapes a woman with rohypnol involved. She ends up pregnant and gives birth, thinking it's someone else's child, possibly a deadbeat that she slept with a week before. She raises a child but she finds the truth after a number of years. She will be devastated, even though she never felt or knew of the rape. She'll be looking at the child she might love but when she thinks about it deeply she'll see it as a child of the guy who raped her. No guy in here would want to argue that she shouldn't be hurt because she never recalls of the details and that the child is biologically her own just like is the child of any other mother. Nobody would want to downplay the terror she may be going through on a regular basis when she looks at her child's face or eyes and thinks of it. Nobody is saying that, even though the child is biologically her own.
Yet you and so many people feel the need to downplay the cuckoldry, imposing the opinion that child is the true victim and downplaying how destructive it is for the cuckolded parent.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Child's best interest is to have the biological parent with him, unless he's an idiot unfit to be the parent.
Mother should be jailed and fined to pay for the damages done towards the other guy (check out multi-million dollar lawsuits that people won in case of accidental mistake when switching the children, on account of emotional damages/distress, alienation from their biological child, time, money and energy invested, etc).
It's in the child's best interest to continue in whatever stable, loving home the child already knows. The idea is to minimize the disruption. So even if a divorce is in the cards, removing a parent from the situation is not helpful to the child.

If you want to be selfish then be selfish, but don't kid yourself that a child old enough to remember you would be better off with your sudden departure from their life.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Wouldn't you suppose that is a little childish, or selfish maybe??????

Not sayin, just sayin.....
Maybe. I guess I just thought it was polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting