Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 03:08 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It doesn't have to be a paternity test. It could be through a medical problem. I knew a classmate who found out due to a hereditary disease, and his "father" left him cold.
What is your opinion of the father that bounced???

Is a hero for doing that?????

Old 08-03-2013, 03:08 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDD View Post
I won't be the happy cuckhold, that's for sure. If the kid needs the father, they better find the real one.
Wait, so it's the responsibility of the child to find himself a father?

Old 08-03-2013, 03:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not even a bleeding heart libby and I can't understand the coldness I've seen in these threads.....
I can. This board is being overrun by juiced-up meatheads and douchebags from another forum who would be better off euthanized.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:10 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dude lighten up..... you're gonna pop a vein in your neck. Notice how I'm not blasting off insults to you... get that part.... maybe I should report you for calling names????

I did answer your query, I did in my last post to you, if there is gonna be paternity checking, do it when the baby is born and doesn't know you, if you decide to skip out.

I don't have much of an issue with that.....as long as the tax payer isn't on the hook... don't give a rip otherwise.

I'm just not a fan of destroying families when it has been a long long time...... and finding out mom screwed around 15 yrs ago... doesn't do much in the present moment.

My only simple point was that...

You are making this way way personal and I don't have any kind of man hatin agendas to speak of....
Yeah, I need to take this off from calling you out. I should alter those posts to tone it down. My point is to deliberately make you tell it - PATERNITY TESTING SHOULD BE DONE ON THE MOMENT THE CHILD IS BORN, so that those scenarios are avoided altogether.

You kept avoiding to say that. You keep avoiding to say that you oppose it now. Because you have no argument why would paternity still be established in a medieval way with the technology present to deal with it much better.
Economic reasons are NOT true reasons in a country that has so many court orders for paternity testing and most of them covered by taxpayers because it's about mothers attempting to place the guy on birth certificate in over half of those cases, something that is covered by the taxpayers' money. Everyone keeps mum on that.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:13 PM

158 posts, read 210,526 times
Quote:
Wait, so it's the responsibility of the child to find himself a father?
If the child is a grown up, yes. Otherwise, it's the mother's job. She didn't have trouble finding him to open her legs to him, so it won't be a problem.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Yeah, I need to take this off from calling you out. I should alter those posts to tone it down. My point is to deliberately make you tell it - PATERNITY TESTING SHOULD BE DONE ON THE MOMENT THE CHILD IS BORN, so that those scenarios are avoided altogether.

You keep avoiding to say that. You keep avoiding to say that you oppose it now. Because you have no argument why would paternity still be established in a medieval way with the technology present to deal with it much better.
Economic reasons are NOT true reasons in a country that has so many court orders for paternity testing and most of them covered by taxpayers because it's about mothers attempting to place the guy on birth certificate in over half of those cases, something that is covered by the taxpayers' money. Everyone keeps mum on that.
Dude... how would you like me to say it so that you understand. I even said it where you quoted me.

PATERNITY TESTING AT BIRTH IS FINE. As long as the taxpayer isn't on the hook.... If I type it again, will that help???

And BTW, you never answered me in my direct question, would you, Nald, look a little girl in the eye and tell her you're not her dad, when for 10 yrs you and her both thought that, You gonna tell her, too bad you don't have my DNA, "see ya, and I hate to be ya"

I posed that to you before and you came back at me with some weak azz bull**** about fathers and mothers come and go.....

Old 08-03-2013, 03:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I agree. If you have it in you to be an @sshole, then do the paternity test at birth, so at least the kid doesn't grow up with an @sshole for a father.
These are the types of situations which can turn good men into men of questionable morals.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
These are the types of situations which can turn good men into men of questionable morals.
Damn right.

That's a major fork in the road.... which path do you go down......

Old 08-03-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I can. This board is being overrun by juiced-up meatheads and douchebags from another forum who would be better off euthanized.
Yeah... man.... I'm shocked at some of the crazy woman hate I've been seeing........... shockingly so... I mean the forum trades off and goes back and forth, for a while there are more dumber women and then it swings the other way....

But good god.

I read some of this stuff here and my jaw hits the keyboard.... one guy said he'd leave his kid in a heartbeat if he found out it wasn't his... I mean maybe, I can see that, maybe if the kid is an infant, but some one that has bonded with you...

I for the life of me, can't understand some guy just straight out walking away.......just because they don't share the same DNA......

Its like they are so blinded and hurt by the infidelity that they can't see straight...

Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
Quote:
Yes. Yes it is.

Thank you for clearing that up. It changes the picture radically. Let the shock wear off; or if it has, ask yourself what difference does it make now? They were good-average parents: why bother? They did their best. They were bad-average parents: it won't make any difference. Besides, you're a big boy now.

Find your biological dad? That's the question i would focus on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting