Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:02 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Give birth or push out a child. It's the same thing.
You keep making my point for me.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 PM

491 posts, read 570,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I did! Go back and read. Yes, if that is what is necessary. Every situation is different.

For instance, if we are talking the guy who was married to Simon Cowell's soon to be baby mama... well no. If she had birthed that kid and passed it off as her hubby's, then he found out later, Cowell has 10 times the money he has AND has the willingness to pay up.

But if you find out the bio father is in jail and if you withdraw support, that your, say, 10 year old will eating out of soup cans... then one would hope you would not want the child you loved and raised starving.
That's his problem and he's paying for a child that he not only admitted to fathering, but has a lot of money to offer. I'm talking about cuckolds. If the bio father is in jail so be it. She slept with him, now she should deal with it. Why is the woman let off the hook? Why is only one victim given sympathy, but the other has to pay? Why?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,819,165 times
Quote:
And this response is why men need to get paternity tests. She doesn't care about you. She wants the other guy, but can't have him so he has his kid at least then makes you pay for it. If a man wants to pay for a child he thought was his, but wasn't because his wife/girlfriend cheated then he's a loser. There is only one situation: he's a cuckold and he found out he was. She felt so little about the man she slept with another one and had HIS baby. The cuckold wasn't worthy enough to have it. In other words a loser who's only there to pay for the mom being a cheater.
Or she was raped, or she had a drunken one night stand and was scared to confess, or she was seeing two people, picked her husband then later found out she was pregnant... or she's a horrible person... none of it is the child's fault. But like I said, abandon a child if it makes you feel better. Just be honest about it.

Quote:
That's his problem and he's paying for a child that he not only admitted to fathering, but has a lot of money to offer. I'm talking about cuckolds. If the bio father is in jail so be it. She slept with him, now she should deal with it. Why is the woman let off the hook? Why is only one victim given sympathy, but the other has to pay? Why?
Never once did I say I had no sympathy for the father. I said repeatedly he should leave the mom if he wants. He has a right to be angry. I am against abandoning kids out of a need to get revenge on the mother.

You do not have to like the mother in order to not exit a child's life.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You keep making my point for me.
What's your point?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Or she was raped, or she had a drunken one night stand and was scared to confess, or she was seeing two people, picked her husband then later found out she was pregnant... or she's a horrible person... none of it is the child's fault. But like I said, abandon a child if it makes you feel better. Just be honest about it.
If she was raped then the courts should throw the book at the rapist and punish the rapist as hard as possible. Anything else is her fault. Why is she getting so drunk and partying? Doesn't she know her alcohol tolerance and if she doesn't she isn't a responsible drinker and once again it's her fault. If you're getting drunk somewhere and somehow get married before you start showing what does that say about you? I mentioned it in an old comment in a locked thread why is it that when men have an issue, rape is always brought up? I already said I'd leave if it wasn't mine and no amount of shaming will change my mind. A number of men said they'd leave in this forum.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
Quote:
Yes biological reasons are why step children are treated worse than biological ones. Was the half sibling his biological child? Was the sister related to him? Be honest.

By the way, what did you never say?
Yes, she is his child. Even looks like him.

I never said that he wasn't my real father to my step-father. That was mostly out of fear though.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 PM

158 posts, read 210,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I never said that. But the fact is my step-father never referred to me as son, asked me to address him as sir, and took out his drunken anger on me, while showing considerable favoritism to my half-sibling. My sister has never known that side of him.

There are no excuses for how my parents let me be treated like that, but I often wonder if that can be expected for mere biological reasons...
Parents always have favourites, there's no way around it. A step-child or an adoptive child is always the lesser child.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:14 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,819,165 times
Quote:
If she was raped then the courts should throw the book at the rapist and punish the rapist as hard as possible. Anything else is her fault. Why is she getting so drunk and partying? Doesn't she know her alcohol tolerance and if she doesn't she isn't a responsible drinker and once again it's her fault. If you're getting drunk somewhere and somehow get married before you start showing what does that say about you? I mentioned it in an old comment in a locked thread why is it that when men have an issue, rape is always brought up? I already said I'd leave if it wasn't mine and no amount of shaming will change my mind. A number of men said they'd leave in this forum.
You're the one arguing with me, asking me to respond to your questions in order to defend my point of view. And when I do, I'm "shaming" you?

Dude. Just stop.

Again, if you want to leave in that circumstance then do it. The only thing I was commenting on was this idea that doing so was best for the child. I disagree. I think responsible adults put their hurt feelings aside and put the kids they love ahead of revenge/pride/ego. You see it differently. Yay you. End of story.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Yes, she is his child. Even looks like him.

I never said that he wasn't my real father to my step-father. That was mostly out of fear though.
So once again the biological kids are treated better than the step child. It happened to you and it happened to me. Btw I asked if the half sibling was the biologically child of the abusive father.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
Quote:
So once again the biological kids are treated better than the step child. It happened to you and it happened to me. Btw I asked if the half sibling was the biologically child of the abusive father.
Yes, my half sibling is the biological child of my abusive step-father.

With that said, a few of my cousins were adopted and all of them love their parents and appear to part of a happy family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting