Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 03:07 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
I would definitely NOT have one in my home.
i did not have one in the house with my kids

as kids , at my grandmothers we would light candles and get the ouija board out ...and my sister asked when my great grandmother would meet her maker...... so it gave us the day, month and year,,,

we wrote it down and forgot about it,,,,after she died...we found the piece of paper and it was exactly right... from two years earlier

little bit more than a coincidence ... for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 03:46 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
If I had kids never. I respect that board and will not allow in my house. I have heard enough accounts of evil coming from playing with that board, just no.

If you believe in good karma like I do why bring bad karma on you playing with an evil vortex.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:54 PM

402 posts, read 976,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
Do you think Hasbro has a direct line to the devil?

Not at all, but The Munsters had to fly to Detroit to have the curse taken off the Fregosi Emerald by a direct descendant who was now president of Amalgamated Motors and had a mad scientist lab in his office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUDRCK4MZ0

Old 03-05-2017, 05:21 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,582 times
I had a Ouija board from the time I was 10 years old and also had astrology books, tarot cards, and works by Aleister Crowley. My parents never made a big issue of it, despite both of them being raised as Catholics. My maternal grandparents were very much bothered by my interests in the supernatural so I always made sure that the Ouija board and other occult materials were put away when they came to visit.

Very few of my friends' parents would allow the board in their homes. I have heard some pretty wild stories about Ouija boards over the years and know a lot of people won't go near them.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if my daughter wanted one but she hasn't shown any interest in one.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:42 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Explain to the kids that your wife is very superstitious and that they need to be more discreet. Your wife won't change, so everyone just has to tiptoe around her.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:52 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
At least they weren't playing this children's classic: Ka-Bala
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka-Bala
I had a magic 8-ball when I was a kid. It was better than Ka-Bala, because it gave more detailed answers:

Yes
Now
Answer Unclear
Ask again later.

Spooky. I don't know how they got that demon in there, but they must have had a lot of them.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:55 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,112 times
I grew up in the '70s and '80s.. way too many horror movies that involved Ouija boards I wouldn't like it in my house. And yeah, I am a little superstitious in general. Religion has nothing to do with it one way or another.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:39 PM

509 posts, read 484,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Typical comment from someone who's never experienced inexplicable phenomena.
You're calling every single person who has a liar. About as ignorant as it gets.
Well, you are pretty rude and obnoxious, aren't you? Who taught you your manners?

I called nobody a liar. I didn't even read anyone's post except the OP. I voiced my opinion, which is my right.

But if you wanna believe in ouija boards and magic and talking with the dead, go right ahead. Nothing I can say will change your mind, that is for sure.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
I find your comments regarding the Ouija Board manufacturing process of particular interest. Because, just this morning while i was using my old Ouija Board in an attempt to call forth the spirits of Sigmund Freud, Alfhild Oresund, one notable Orthodox scholar of the Torah who determined that eating pork was prohibited, Hans Christian Andersen, and Cockie Hoogterp, this video suddenly materialized on my monitor. https://youtu.be/uzUXuBeXN44

But wait! The strange thing is that I have a burning desire to have Louis Prima "Put Out My Fire" so to speak.

Should I sue the manufacturer? I've no idea where to find an honest Satanic Priest and I really need to speak to Cockie Hoogterp.

Is Louis Prima still alive?
Well now, hon, what you gotta do is... well... You know how when your potpourri stops smelling? You go down to your favorite gift boutique, and buy Potpourri Refresher Oils (Agraria San Francisco | Live Luxuriously).

And that's what you do, to a stale Ouija Board, more-or-less. Except, in this case, you go down to your nearest Satanic Supply Emporium, and get the 'Ouija Refresher Vapour Crystals'. You take a plastic bag (being careful not to place the bag over your head, of course), put the Ouija Board in there, opened flat on a tabletop, and open the 'Refresher Vapours' can (opens just like a can of Pringles...). Now, you don't lollygag while doing this. The Refresher Crystals make a gas, and you don't want to breathe it. So, just leave the can in the bag with the Ouija Board, and quickly tie the bag shut.

Once the Vapours dispel (generally within a day or so), your Ouija Board's magical powers will be restored. It won't be "as if a Demon had breathed upon it": it will genuinely be, "breathed-upon-by-a Demon"! That's because the Refresher Vapour Crystals are certified as containing an array of freeze-dried vapours, which include the 'Breath of Demons', along with Palpable Evil, Swamp Miasma, and Midnight Sepulchral Fog.

You'll find your tired old Ouija Board to have a bright new finish, and a new lease-on-life (or, maybe I should say, 'new lease on DEATH').

Louie Prima is long gone, as is Kylie. That man sure could jump around: that's for sure. Now, I know what you wanted to ask Cockie Hogterp, about the Baron Von Blixen. (I'm psychic that way...). And the answer, rather predictable, since she's talking about a Swede, is "More long than thick, really, dahling..." Does this mean anything to you? I'm getting another transmission, from a Mrs. Stotesbury of Palm Beach, who assures us that Czar Nicholas was worth waiting for, and is even more entertaining, now that they're both on the other side, than he was, when his ghostly spirit was keeping her company in the asylum.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:18 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,596,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
not religious over here but I don't think its a good idea to test your luck. so no Ouija boards at our house.
Your're not religious, just superstitious, ( pretty much the same thing isn't it?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting