Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 07:09 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
Do you think Hasbro has a direct line to the devil?

Satan is always looking for a way into our lives and many times we are not even aware of it. "And do not give the devil a foothold". - Ephesians 4:27

Of course if you are not a believer these things won't matter to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 07:09 AM

862 posts, read 974,693 times
My friend had one when I was a kid , any slight of hand and it moves, usually you get tired of it doing nothing and you push it to get some response.

I do not believe it has any power and its just a piece of wood and plastic.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:16 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
There are much scarier things going on in the world of Christianity than there are in the world of dark arts lol. That being said we're atheists so its all a bunch of bs to our family anyway. Play away but prepared to be disappointment

Old 03-05-2017, 07:20 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
An atheist's religion is faith in there being no God, which kind of precludes there being a personification of evil.
Utter nonsense. Stop projecting.

My lack of belief in God is no different than my lack of belief in Zeus or Odin or leprechauns - it is born of a complete and total lack of evidence. If you think lacking an affirmative belief is faith, then you haven't the foggiest idea what constitutes faith.

And my lack of belief that a Ouija board is something 'bad' is no different that my lack of belief that dowsing works, or that alchemists exist and that they can transmute ordinary metals to precious ones, or that sacrificing a chicken can effect events. And that's certainly not faith.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:54 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchef1 View Post
My friend had one when I was a kid , any slight of hand and it moves, usually you get tired of it doing nothing and you push it to get some response.

I do not believe it has any power and its just a piece of wood and plastic.
The table is rumbling...
the table is rumbling
the glass is moving
"No, I was NOT pushing that time"
it spells S.T.E.V.E.N.
the table is rumbling
the glass is moving
"no, I was NOT pushing that time":
P.U.S.H.O. double F. - Steven Morrissey, Ouija Board

Old 03-05-2017, 07:56 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Satan is always looking for a way into our lives and many times we are not even aware of it. "And do not give the devil a foothold". - Ephesians 4:27

Of course if you are not a believer these things won't matter to you.
I'm a believer.

However I don't believe Parker Brothers has a room full of demons they keep and assign one to every Ouija Board. Who is let out of the box upon opening. Or that a demon is sitting around waiting for someone to pull out this board game.

What is going on in the real world both here and overseas has more to do with satan than a board game. There are more satan's running countries right now that hanging around Ouija Boards. Who are far more dangerous.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Maybe they needed to use an oil based stain blocker. I've had to do 5 coats in smoker's houses as the tar kept bleeding through so maybe it was the type of ink that was used and your 7th time was the charm. Still a creepy kid.
Who knows - I'm just telling you what happened.

The entire room and ceiling were covered with sharpie ink. One coat of Kils worked on the walls. The pentagram on the ceiling (also sharpie ink) took seven coats.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:06 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
I would definitely NOT have one in my home.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:11 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
At least they weren't playing this children's classic: Ka-Bala
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka-Bala

Old 03-05-2017, 09:14 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I'm a believer.

However I don't believe Parker Brothers has a room full of demons they keep and assign one to every Ouija Board. Who is let out of the box upon opening. Or that a demon is sitting around waiting for someone to pull out this board game.

What is going on in the real world both here and overseas has more to do with satan than a board game. There are more satan's running countries right now that hanging around Ouija Boards. Who are far more dangerous.
HA! That gave me a great visual - a bunch of bored demons sitting around watching Hulu and filing their long nails until one of them gets "called up" by an opened Ouija board box. I can just hear the others, "Dang, Asmorphodel got to go! He has all the luck!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting