Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 09:31 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times

Advertisements

my family were catholics and my mother did not allow under any circumstances a Quija board in our house . She firmly believed that , it was playing with the occult and she in no way would ever allow any of us to play with what she deemed questionable items . I don't remember all of them but there were several .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 09:47 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,540 times
Default Very Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejeey View Post
So..I know this is going to sound crazy but night before last our 15 year old daughter had some of her friends over, one of them brought an Ouija board. They were playing around with it in her room when my wife opened went into their room and saw them playing with it. She was NOT happy, and took it away and put it up along with giving some strong words about how bad it is. Now I am not religious, but my wife is and personally to me it's no more harmful than any other board game but obviously my wife views it very differently. I told her she was overreacting but she would hear none of it. They were all upset of course, but nothing they could do now.

To me, it's not a issue at all, but what do you think? I realize this may have a lot to do on whether you are religious or not.
It is funny that you are posting this. My 17 year old daughter and her friends play with them too. You may think I am nuts, or crazy but those things can open doors that are very hard to close if at all --once opened.
If you can get your hands on it. Take it outside, get some lighter fluid and burn it. It must be burned it is the only way to properly dispose of it and close the doors. Also, if it was used in your home follow-up with burning some Sage every few days for about a week. You can just light it and let it smolder in an ashtray or a mug or on a plate and walk around the house with it. Believe me do this asap.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:12 AM

509 posts, read 484,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejeey View Post
So..I know this is going to sound crazy but night before last our 15 year old daughter had some of her friends over, one of them brought an Ouija board. They were playing around with it in her room when my wife opened went into their room and saw them playing with it. She was NOT happy, and took it away and put it up along with giving some strong words about how bad it is. Now I am not religious, but my wife is and personally to me it's no more harmful than any other board game but obviously my wife views it very differently. I told her she was overreacting but she would hear none of it. They were all upset of course, but nothing they could do now.

To me, it's not a issue at all, but what do you think? I realize this may have a lot to do on whether you are religious or not.
I think almost every kid has been curious about Ouija boards, which is one reason why board game manufacturer Parker Brothers decided to trademark the name.

I also think almost every teenager quickly realizes that there is nothing at all magical about them, and that while they are spooky fun the first few times, they get boring fast.

I'd tell your wife "it is just a game, and there's nothing magical or evil about it". Unfortunately, some adults aren't as quick as teenagers to realize ouija boards are really junk.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:43 PM

560 posts, read 786,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I'll let you in on a little secret. Just as Kosher foods manufacturers have Rabbis on-premises, blessing the foods, and making sure that it's prepared in accordance with religious law (too, Catholic Holy Water must be made by a certified Holy Person) , Ouija Board manufacturers have Satanic priests on-hand, cursing each board, and ensuring that only dark-sided processes are used during the manufacturing process. A minimum number of Demon Seeds must be added to the cardboard mix, for example. The inks and dyes used, contain proprietary mixtures of evil fluids, and are cured with sinister vapors. These mixtures, of course, vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

That's why some Ouija Boards only summon relatively benign spirits and puny demons, while others summon powerful demons and malignant ghosts, straight from the Pits of Hell. If you don't believe me, just watch any movie about Ouija Boards.
I find your comments regarding the Ouija Board manufacturing process of particular interest. Because, just this morning while i was using my old Ouija Board in an attempt to call forth the spirits of Sigmund Freud, Alfhild Oresund, one notable Orthodox scholar of the Torah who determined that eating pork was prohibited, Hans Christian Andersen, and Cockie Hoogterp, this video suddenly materialized on my monitor. https://youtu.be/uzUXuBeXN44

But wait! The strange thing is that I have a burning desire to have Louis Prima "Put Out My Fire" so to speak.

Should I sue the manufacturer? I've no idea where to find an honest Satanic Priest and I really need to speak to Cockie Hoogterp.

Is Louis Prima still alive?

Old 03-05-2017, 01:42 PM

919 posts, read 609,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I'll let you in on a little secret. Just as Kosher foods manufacturers have Rabbis on-premises, blessing the foods, and making sure that it's prepared in accordance with religious law (too, Catholic Holy Water must be made by a certified Holy Person) , Ouija Board manufacturers have Satanic priests on-hand, cursing each board, and ensuring that only dark-sided processes are used during the manufacturing process. A minimum number of Demon Seeds must be added to the cardboard mix, for example. The inks and dyes used, contain proprietary mixtures of evil fluids, and are cured with sinister vapors. These mixtures, of course, vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

That's why some Ouija Boards only summon relatively benign spirits and puny demons, while others summon powerful demons and malignant ghosts, straight from the Pits of Hell. If you don't believe me, just watch any movie about Ouija Boards.
You forgot to mention that naked virgins danced amongst the boards while chickens & other small animals were sacrificed & blood sprinkled INTO the cardboard mix by the lesser demons .....

But seriously, outlandish stories like these start off small & get bigger & more outrageous with the retelling just like a game of Chinese Whispers.
Ludicrous stories like this remind me of a book that my religious parents believed every word; The Satan Seller by the scam-artist Mike Warnke. It was very popular for a time. Full of silly claims of Demonic influence & other such nonsense.
A Christian magazine did some research & found that Warnke was nothing but a fraud who was 'lying for the Lord' to win converts & to inflate his bank account.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:55 PM

919 posts, read 609,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
I think almost every kid has been curious about Ouija boards, which is one reason why board game manufacturer Parker Brothers decided to trademark the name.

I also think almost every teenager quickly realizes that there is nothing at all magical about them, and that while they are spooky fun the first few times, they get boring fast.

I'd tell your wife "it is just a game, and there's nothing magical or evil about it". Unfortunately, some adults aren't as quick as teenagers to realize ouija boards are really junk.
Typical comment from someone who's never experienced inexplicable phenomena.
You're calling every single person who has a liar. About as ignorant as it gets.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:55 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,336,022 times
I loved the Ouija board as a kid and I bought my kids one. It's harmless.

Your daughter must have been so embarrassed in front of her friends to have a parent act like that.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:00 PM

243 posts, read 220,752 times
I'd get a divorce .

Old 03-05-2017, 02:27 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,948,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I would not allow one in my home. Is it a toy? Yes, but it also promotes speaking with the dead through their spirit and I'm not ok with that when it comes to my home and my children. It's one thing talking out loud to one who may have passed such as a relative, etc, but to try to bring spirits into the home, no thanks!
Yet Catholics pray to saints, and Mary seems to be more important than Jesus. How is that any different?

Old 03-05-2017, 02:30 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,948,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Allowing children to kill animals for "fun" is far more creepy than any ouija board.
Cutting off the head is (or was years ago) the most common way of killing poultry. My maternal grandmother used to do it to chickens, and my mom talks about how freaked out she got from seeing the chicken running around without a head (she grew up on a farm).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting