Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 07:20 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Wait, you're a Christian? That means that you're pretty sure there's exactly one god, right? Don't you realize that believing in the other evil spirits that can supposedly be summoned by the Ouija board is idolatry?

Seriously? Even God knows about Satan and his minions. Have you ever read a Bible?

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 03-07-2017 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 08:10 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
You should.. they were banned as toys in the UK many years ago.. be very careful.... I remember a so called friend of mine many years ago asking me if she could do one in my house as in a girls night out, I said to her "why not your own house?".... she said .."Oh my tables not large enough for us to sit round".... I declined . and this is why. Ouija: Not a Game
Dizzy, as someone said above, if it's possible to reach the "other side" and communicate with spirits, it's extremely unlikely that the way to do it is with a mass-produced game board from Milton Bradley. It's a silly way to spend some time and scare yourself.

My husband and I were talking about Ouija boards the other day. He was laughing because he said he was always the person who moved the game piece to spell the words because he loved to scare the girls who were playing. There's one in every crowd.

Also, Ouija boards are not banned in the UK. http://www.theparanormal.me/2012/12/...-answered.html

Old 03-07-2017, 11:35 AM

919 posts, read 610,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
Took you all day to get up the nerve to reply, eh?
You're completely unaware that there's a world beyond your trailer park with different time zones then?

Share a personal story with an ignorant drama queen? Bwahahaha No thanks.

It is clear that there's little point in conversing with someone who's only means of addressing those who disagree, other than with ad hominem (yes it IS a big word - that's what dictionaries are for ) attacks. (maybe it's time to get a competent therapist?)

So I'll leave you with the words of the wonderful Imre Vallyon, with the hope that it may somehow filter through your shrill defensiveness ; "All things exist, yet man can only understand that which he's been educated to understand."

Old 03-07-2017, 01:05 PM

3,503 posts, read 2,667,654 times
If the year was 1717, I could understand that some people believe in such things. But we are now in 2017, we no longer kill witches, and know that the dead can not communicate. Religious believes have absolutely nothing to do with this, it’s strictly superstition.

The only paranormal activity is in ones head, and something that you choose to believe.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:34 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
If the year was 1717, I could understand that some people believe in such things. But we are now in 2017, we no longer kill witches, and know that the dead can not communicate. Religious believes have absolutely nothing to do with this, it’s strictly superstition.

The only paranormal activity is in ones head, and something that you choose to believe.

I feel terrible for all of those so called witches back then. What a horrible time in our history.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:25 PM

18,532 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Would never want my child to play with one. Would never recommend it. Certainly would not allow one to be played with in my house. Sure, I know some people have used them and nothing has come of it ("it's just a kids board game right!?") but I know enough stories from people who have had very bad encounters using one to stay away from them. Your opinion will depend on your experience with them of course, but I've heard enough to recommend no one ever use one.
My aunties worked in a naval stores during the war where many dead sailors uniforms were sent back and kept on the top floor of this old factory...they said very spooky place.. There were six women worked sorting other things for the navy and someone suggested doing the board for fun.. it seems it was quite popular back then... so their having a laugh sitting talking to the board asking questions.. One girl asked who would marry next as four of them were single.. and it spelled out Rena one of the girls , then they asked who will she marry. and it spelled out a very unusual first name Bremner... my aunt said they all went quiet and looked at each other , as this name belonged to a married naval officer who visited the factory , Rena and Bremner were in fact having an affair and later married , but none of the other women knew a thing about it beforehand. is it malice , evil or being playful.. I tried it once with my mother and auntie, My mother who had did this before knew what to ask and said "is anybody there "....nothing. so we had a wee smile over to each other and she tried again.... nothing.. three four times then it started to move going to the YES..... she said "have you a message for anyone... and slowly it went to my auntie... she then asked to be told the message then it started to spell out ...A then L then E... then it stopped and wouldnt move again.... I looked at my mother to see what she would say and she just shrugged and said ALE.. funny word .... but I saw my aunties face , no smile just staring and knew what she was thinking... her husband died only months after their wedding while she was carrying his baby ... his name was Alex. so was her now ten year old son,, so what does it mean, who brings these messages , is it demons, dark angels or what..

Old 03-07-2017, 03:05 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
You know, I can see it being a problem if, say, you murdered someone and got away with it, and then your kids found out about it by communicating with the dead person, who rats you out and tells you where to find evidence. Then the kids can blackmail you with the info and you'll have to buy them all sorts of stuff to keep them quiet.

Could happen.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:08 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,425 times
My friend and I used an Ouija board when we were in our young days which is now 40 years ago. My answer is NO do not mess with these things. There is something real about them, and while we had no evil consequences from our sojourn with it I would not want to use one again.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:01 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,044,969 times
Haven't read all the responses.

No, it would not bother me at all. I remember doing it myself when I was a young teen. It's just silly fun.

I'm not religious and don't believe the portal to hell can be accessed hrough some mass-produced piece of cardboard from China.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:21 PM

560 posts, read 787,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Well now, hon, what you gotta do is... well... You know how when your potpourri stops smelling? You go down to your favorite gift boutique, and buy Potpourri Refresher Oils (Agraria San Francisco | Live Luxuriously).

And that's what you do, to a stale Ouija Board, more-or-less. Except, in this case, you go down to your nearest Satanic Supply Emporium, and get the 'Ouija Refresher Vapour Crystals'. You take a plastic bag (being careful not to place the bag over your head, of course), put the Ouija Board in there, opened flat on a tabletop, and open the 'Refresher Vapours' can (opens just like a can of Pringles...). Now, you don't lollygag while doing this. The Refresher Crystals make a gas, and you don't want to breathe it. So, just leave the can in the bag with the Ouija Board, and quickly tie the bag shut.

Once the Vapours dispel (generally within a day or so), your Ouija Board's magical powers will be restored. It won't be "as if a Demon had breathed upon it": it will genuinely be, "breathed-upon-by-a Demon"! That's because the Refresher Vapour Crystals are certified as containing an array of freeze-dried vapours, which include the 'Breath of Demons', along with Palpable Evil, Swamp Miasma, and Midnight Sepulchral Fog.

You'll find your tired old Ouija Board to have a bright new finish, and a new lease-on-life (or, maybe I should say, 'new lease on DEATH').

Louie Prima is long gone, as is Kylie. That man sure could jump around: that's for sure. Now, I know what you wanted to ask Cockie Hogterp, about the Baron Von Blixen. (I'm psychic that way...). And the answer, rather predictable, since she's talking about a Swede, is "More long than thick, really, dahling..." Does this mean anything to you? I'm getting another transmission, from a Mrs. Stotesbury of Palm Beach, who assures us that Czar Nicholas was worth waiting for, and is even more entertaining, now that they're both on the other side, than he was, when his ghostly spirit was keeping her company in the asylum.
Your Ouija Board rejuvenation process was a success. However, I think I may have summoned more than I bargained for. After inadvertently positioning the plastic bag over my head a couple of times, I was finally able to thoroughly saturate my old Ouija Board with all of your recommended components, including an ample amount of Swamp Miasma, Satan's Breath, and Potpourri Refresher Oils.

I swear to God you are psychic because this afternoon, after I executed a series of scientific tests, I placed my hands on the planchette and asked, "COCKIE! COCKIE! COCKIE! Did the Baron von Blixen give you the CLAP too?" I swear I could feel Cockie's spirit in the planchette, but before I could get her answer there was such a ruckus outside that I rushed to my window to take a peek! I videoed this. https://youtu.be/ORSvf8eVa0g

What madness have I unleashed?? Too much Midnight Sepulchral Fog? I was forced to call Long Beach Animal Control.

Anyhoo, on a lighter note here's a lovely song from our favorite Norwegian, Myron Floren! https://youtu.be/0ziYB_73u2E

I hope I have better luck contacting that Stotesbury woman of Florida!! Yikes! I wonder how the Czar measures up to Floren and and, to quote Lawrence Welk, "Myron Floren and his busy fingers!"

Last edited by Seadory; 03-07-2017 at 04:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting