Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 08:30 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
She can't legally give consent, are you really trying to justify the pedo in her bedroom? really?
As already stated ...I don't give a crap about any of the three parties involved in this news item. One is a 14 year-old **** in the making, the other is an immature male **** and the other is a thug. All three appear to be lacking in the brains department and certainly unlikeable. But, it's a good time waster for those of us with nothing better to do than to burden ourselves with someone else's problems, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 09:38 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
While illegal (and reprehensible), sex between a 20 year old and a 14 year old isn’t pedophilia.
True. Technically, it's called Hebephilia

Old 07-23-2020, 05:55 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Good on dad. He went a little too far from a legal standpoint but his heart was in the right place. I hope he is shown leniency.

Time to put bars on his daughter's bedroom window though, and for mom, dad and daughter to have a big heart to heart talk. The daughter's on the short road to single motherhood.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:38 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,229 times
lmaooo at the guy's NAME "Keywontrezes" wth was his mother on drugs?

Ok if this were MY 14y/o (mine are 20, 22, 36 and 37) I'd have beaten HER ass not his.

SHE invited this...icky guy...to her room! Who knows what she told him? She may've lied about her age. She may've told him her parents were cool with it.

She is apparently not into abstaining. Or being discriminating in her choices. Or preserving any sense of dignity. This is on her and her parents not this unfortunately named guy. How is this his fault when this idiot girl WANTED him? Invited him.

Had one of mine done this I'd have been furious, with her (three of mine are girls).

This father is likely the sort who thinks his kids are angelic and refuses to face the fact that his 14 y/o is a tramp with horrible taste in guys "Keywontrezes" omg.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 07-23-2020 at 09:06 AM..

Old 07-23-2020, 07:53 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,085,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
A jury is supposed to set aside their emotions and evaluate a crime based on THE LAW ...not what YOU believe should influence a jury decision. .
If you think that is what actually happens in a Jury room you are sadly naive.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 AM

352 posts, read 225,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Oh, you knew one of these had to come out eventually. Now it's all her fault and he's the poor victim.
Uhh...he IS a victim. Did you see his face? That is assault, followed by attempted murder. The guy wasn't a threat, at least as far as we know. And, he was invited into the home by her.

Do we know if she was honest about her age? Did she mention it was her parents' home? The 20-year-old obviously wasn't operating with a full deck, either, but he didn't deserve to be attacked in such a vicious manner followed by an attempt to take his life.

Do you advocate violence to resolve all issues? This situation didn't require violence. Dad could have asked him to leave and then Mom and Dad could have a heart-to-heart with their little princess before grounding her. That would be holding her accountable. Heck, she almost got the guy killed. If the dad was successful in killing him, he would he behind bars for a long time, mom would be an accessory and possibly in jail, and the little princess could have ruined three lives with her decision.

*By the way, I inadvertently clicked "increase your reputation". That was, obviously, unintentional.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:08 AM

6,461 posts, read 3,985,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimoreguy1 View Post
Uhh...he IS a victim. Did you see his face? That is assault, followed by attempted murder. The guy wasn't a threat, at least as far as we know. And, he was invited into the home by her.

Do we know if she was honest about her age? Did she mention it was her parents' home? The 20-year-old obviously wasn't operating with a full deck, either, but he didn't deserve to be attacked in such a vicious manner followed by an attempt to take his life.

Do you advocate violence to resolve all issues? This situation didn't require violence. Dad could have asked him to leave and then Mom and Dad could have a heart-to-heart with their little princess before grounding her. That would be holding her accountable. Heck, she almost got the guy killed. If the dad was successful in killing him, he would he behind bars for a long time, mom would be an accessory and possibly in jail, and the little princess could have ruined three lives with her decision.

*By the way, I inadvertently clicked "increase your reputation". That was, obviously, unintentional.
Again: even if she wasn't honest about her age and the fact that it was her parents' house, he would've figured it out when he arrived (grown women don't sneak you into mommy and daddy's house). Yet he still went through with it.

And we're not referring to him being a "victim" of her father (who was the one who assaulted him, not her, so no, that is not her fault, that's all on Dad). We're talking about the post I replied to, which made it sound like he was the poor guy who was forced into sneaking into the bedroom of a child in the middle of the night (because of course women-- even the ones who are minors-- are these wily scheming seductresses out to get the poor mens who don't stand a chance).

Did she screw up? Sure. As I said in previous posts (which you should really try reading), she was guilty of doing something young and stupid. Did he screw up even more? Oh yeah. He snuck into the bedroom of a child. Don't try to excuse what he did.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:51 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I wonder how the man would have reacted had he found a 16 year old boy in his daughter's bedroom. Would he have also tried to kill a teenage boyfriend of his daughter's?

The Fox story says the prosecutors would not have pressed charges against the father if the beating had ended with the man running out the window of the girl's bedroom, after being severely beaten. You can't chase someone down the street shooting at them.

Did he have any idea, as would be indicated in the police report, that he had found an adult man with his teen daughter? Instead of a peer boyfriend?
To be honest, it is a hard question to even answer because I don't know how the dad would easily differentiate a 16 year old from a 20 year old. For some kids, depending on when they undergo puberty, you probably can tell. But I would venture a guess that there are many 16 year olds that look 20, and vice versa. Plus given his state of rage at night, I don't know he would be able to discern the difference in the heat of the moment.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimoreguy1 View Post
Agreed...this is more of a parenting issue.

Was the 20-year-old a physical threat? The articles I read don't indicate he was a threat. If not, dumb move on the dad's part. Apparently his daughter invited the guy into the house. Granted, the house doesn't belong to the daughter but the situation could have been handled in a much better (non-violent) way. His wife has issues, too, providing the weapon that he used to fire shots at the 20-year-old in the yard. Why wasn't she arrested?

Shocked that so many people on C-D are advocating violence as a resolution technique. Dad should get some time to reflect (in jail) about his aggression issues and work on methods to better manage his anger.

The 20-year-old should sue the dad for damages.

Are the same people lining up to pummel the 100s of female teachers I read about weekly that are hooking up with 14-15 year old boys? I doubt it. Haven't heard of that happening yet, even in the US where people LOVE violence.
Yeah...I am also shocked by how many people seem to be okay with the level of violence the dad displayed, but then again, I do not have kids, so this may be an instinctive reaction. Also, there are a lot of unknowns from my perspective. Was the 20 year physically forcing himself on the girl when the father came in? I can definitely see how that would cause him to snap in rage. Were they just talking/kissing/hugging?

Also, looking at the guy's face without knowing any additional information, I would be hard-pressed to say that he was 20 (he could pass as being anywhere from 15-20) and it doesn't seem the dad knew that before the fact. So if he happened to be a 15 year old boyfriend and they were kissing, would the dad have been justified with that level of violence?

I'm not defending the 20 year old. Good that he was charged with rape, and he will pay a huge price for that. The level of violence displayed by the father just seems excessive, unless the boy was physically assaulting/forcing himself on the daughter. He should have just pulled out his gun and the dude was have been scared straight and then would be rightfully charged with rape.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
lmaooo at the guy's NAME "Keywontrezes" wth was his mother on drugs?

Ok if this were MY 14y/o (mine are 20, 22, 36 and 37) I'd have beaten HER ass not his.

SHE invited this...icky guy...to her room! Who knows what she told him? She may've lied about her age. She may've told him her parents were cool with it.

She is apparently not into abstaining. Or being discriminating in her choices. Or preserving any sense of dignity. This is on her and her parents not this unfortunately named guy. How is this his fault when this idiot girl WANTED him? Invited him.

Had one of mine done this I'd have been furious, with her (three of mine are girls).

This father is likely the sort who thinks his kids are angelic and refuses to face the fact that his 14 y/o is a tramp with horrible taste in guys "Keywontrezes" omg.
Yep..and unfortunately, his name alone (even before he committed this act of rape) would have likely set him up for a lifetime of failure. Probably a case of a "child" having a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting