Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2020, 04:42 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
I'm totally okay with police entrapment of pedos to protect children. But it doesn't apply here. How entrapment has been used is in online chat rooms, where the pedo thinks they're talking to a child and sets up a meeting.
Right. A really young-looking lady cop poses as a 14-year-old online, playing the role of a naive young teen. A meeting at a home supposedly the "child's" residence when parents are away is arranged. Perp shows up, and is nabbed by male cops waiting in the wings somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 04:44 PM

10,761 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right. A really young-looking lady cop poses as a 14-year-old online, playing the role of a naive young teen. A meeting at a home supposedly the "child's" residence when parents are away is arranged. Perp shows up, and is nabbed by male cops waiting in the wings somewhere.
That’s not entrapment.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:54 PM

352 posts, read 225,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I would hope you put more focus on your daughter and teach her how to avoid situations where she finds herself sneaking young men into the house behind her parent's backs.
Agreed...this is more of a parenting issue.

Was the 20-year-old a physical threat? The articles I read don't indicate he was a threat. If not, dumb move on the dad's part. Apparently his daughter invited the guy into the house. Granted, the house doesn't belong to the daughter but the situation could have been handled in a much better (non-violent) way. His wife has issues, too, providing the weapon that he used to fire shots at the 20-year-old in the yard. Why wasn't she arrested?

Shocked that so many people on C-D are advocating violence as a resolution technique. Dad should get some time to reflect (in jail) about his aggression issues and work on methods to better manage his anger.

The 20-year-old should sue the dad for damages.

Are the same people lining up to pummel the 100s of female teachers I read about weekly that are hooking up with 14-15 year old boys? I doubt it. Haven't heard of that happening yet, even in the US where people LOVE violence.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:54 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
She clearly DID consent to having this man enter her room. Incidentally, at what age does 'legal consent' kick in and who originally determined this ...God?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
The fact that you don't find a legal adult hanging out with a minor (who isn't family even) in her room alone weird at all is scary to me.
You mention 'legal' but one's age in actuality is merely chronological. Fourteen year-old girls may well be the same mental or biological age as a 20-year-old male. Do you know any 14 year-old girls or 20 year-old males? Reality tells us that some 14 year-old girls are beyond their chronological age and are capable of luring males not much older than they are into a messy trap ...knowing that it's the male and not they who will reap the harsh hand of the law if caught. It's likely that the girl in this particular scenario is not the poor little damsel she's being made out to be. Moreover, her father is clearly a thug who is being given hero status by many on this thread. God, people are getting more stupid as each day passes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
The 20 year old is the adult and should have known a lot better.
Just like the girl in the story, the guy is an idiot whose brains are evidently located in his crotch area.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:11 PM

3,320 posts, read 1,819,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
The American public needs to learn more about Jury Nullification. It's an old tactic long in use, but one which judges, lawyers and the whole legal apparatus prefer that "We The People" aren't even aware of.
Of course the public is aware of it, but we generally don't use the technical term.
As jurors we just vote 'Not Guilty'.
Works for me.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:12 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
The interesting story I try to add to these threads. Had a very capable coworker who at 24 married a 13 year old lady.

When I meet them he is in his 40s and she in her mid 30s. The interesting part of the story she absolutely believes he saved her from hell. They moved from the rural south to LA and she had her first kid in the back of a VW bug on a jammed Los Angeles freeway. In fact when we knew her she was already a grandmother at 31 or so. She ended up a heavy RN and ran a big hospital nursing department as he reached his dotage. So it worked out well for both of them.

My own Father and Mother were 8 years apart. They were college students together. And I would point out the controlling personality in our family was Mother. Dad never had a chance...he was hopelessly overmatched. I was born when she was 19 so it is likely the romance started when she was 17 though she was a sophomore in college at that age.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:06 PM

6,459 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You mention 'legal' but one's age in actuality is merely chronological. Fourteen year-old girls may well be the same mental or biological age as a 20-year-old male. Do you know any 14 year-old girls or 20 year-old males? Reality tells us that some 14 year-old girls are beyond their chronological age and are capable of luring males not much older than they are into a messy trap ...knowing that it's the male and not they who will reap the harsh hand of the law if caught. It's likely that the girl in this particular scenario is not the poor little damsel she's being made out to be. Moreover, her father is clearly a thug who is being given hero status by many on this thread. God, people are getting more stupid as each day passes!

Just like the girl in the story, the guy is an idiot whose brains are evidently located in his crotch area.
Oh, you knew one of these had to come out eventually. Now it's all her fault and he's the poor victim.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:08 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
She clearly DID consent to having this man enter her room. Incidentally, at what age does 'legal consent' kick in and who originally determined this ...God?
She can't legally give consent, are you really trying to justify the pedo in her bedroom? really?

Old 07-22-2020, 08:19 PM

10,761 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
She can't legally give consent, are you really trying to justify the pedo in her bedroom? really?
While illegal (and reprehensible), sex between a 20 year old and a 14 year old isn’t pedophilia.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:23 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Oh, you knew one of these had to come out eventually. Now it's all her fault and he's the poor victim.
I don't know either one of them so I honestly don't give a crap about either one of them. This is just a news item I came across while browsing the forum and it's a slow day here in Townsville. But yes, it does appear to be her fault that the guy finished up in her bedroom. Next ...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting