Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 07:14 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
Well, I'm about as liberal as they come, and I was totally with the dad for the beating, right up until he pulled a gun to shoot someone in the back who was running away. He was no longer protecting anything at that point...it was just rage and revenge, aka vigilantism. (Which is understandable, but still punishable by law.)

One thing is pretty clear though: the girl won't be having many, if any, boyfriends for years to come because they all know about her Dad now.

I think a fine and community service for the dad, but I hope they throw the book at the 20 year old pedophile though.
This issue is deeper than many are willing to examine.

He should know the law at that age but if you have met the average Gen Zer at age 21 even they tend to be a lot more juvenile especially if you are coming from the Gen X perspective or older. So mental maturity is just not there due to current (even pre-COVID) socioeconomics.

Many young Men in early 20s are unable to find work to sustain themselves to survive on their own. It’s not like the 60s where you could graduate HS work at Bobs mechanic shop and pay rent on a studio eat ramen noodles in a beatnik area that was working poor. They won’t even give you a lease anywhere to a minimum wager these kids can’t even afford even splitting a 1 BR with 4 friends because all their parents are poor and don’t qualify as guarantors.

So the mind stays child like and regressed. Because we’ve allowed our civilization to advance without bringing adolescence to completion and leaving no path for young men especially to “Grow Up”

We’re too afraid to let people starve and die and want to keep the false veil that it takes 2 college degrees to get a living wage job and become a full fledged adult. We’ve automated and outsourced away pull yourself up by your bootstrap jobs. No more mail clerk to CEO paths.

Young men have high libido and have insatiable urges no matter what our puritanical pedigree as a nation wants to believe. Social unrest is coming. We can either keep calling young Men pedophiles for enacting on natural urges or we can embrace the science, do as our ancestors did and give them a job and fighting chance to focus that energy on building the future, and a livelihood so they can successfully attract a mate their own age.

Or we can continue the current agenda and keep barreling high speed towards an “Escape from NY” style Mad Max future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 09:10 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,349,724 times
^Wow. Lots of excuses for a pedo there. "Natural urges"? You're only kidding yourself that economic difficulties lead to pedophilia. (And anyone can get a job at walmart, or physical labor.)

Complex my a**.

Nope. He went after a barely-teenage girl. Pedophilia is the the term. And the father was right to kick his a**. I would have too.

We need to protect children from the likes of the "poor, unemployed male" who wants to molest them.

WTF?

Old 07-19-2020, 10:06 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post

He should know the law at that age but if you have met the average Gen Zer at age 21 even they tend to be a lot more juvenile especially if you are coming from the Gen X perspective or older. So mental maturity is just not there due to current (even pre-COVID) socioeconomics.

Many young Men in early 20s are unable to find work to sustain themselves to survive on their own. It’s not like the 60s where you could graduate HS work at Bobs mechanic shop and pay rent on a studio eat ramen noodles in a beatnik area that was working poor. They won’t even give you a lease anywhere to a minimum wager these kids can’t even afford even splitting a 1 BR with 4 friends because all their parents are poor and don’t qualify as guarantors.

So the mind stays child like and regressed. Because we’ve allowed our civilization to advance without bringing adolescence to completion and leaving no path for young men especially to “Grow Up”

We’re too afraid to let people starve and die and want to keep the false veil that it takes 2 college degrees to get a living wage job and become a full fledged adult. We’ve automated and outsourced away pull yourself up by your bootstrap jobs. No more mail clerk to CEO paths.

Young men have high libido and have insatiable urges no matter what our puritanical pedigree as a nation wants to believe. Social unrest is coming. We can either keep calling young Men pedophiles for enacting on natural urges or we can embrace the science, do as our ancestors did and give them a job and fighting chance to focus that energy on building the future, and a livelihood so they can successfully attract a mate their own age.

Or we can continue the current agenda and keep barreling high speed towards an “Escape from NY” style Mad Max future.
I... just... can't...

Old 07-19-2020, 10:40 AM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Good for him! That's a real dad! He shouldn't be charged.

BTW, is the pedophile charged with a crime too?
Dad of the Year comes to mind. He should get an award.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:47 AM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My question, exactly!

All dad had to do is call the police, and have him hauled away in chains. Jeez. Could've taken his photo with a phone, just in case he fled, and let the police handle the rest.

edit: hmm.... Article says he was only charged with "child molestation", not statutory rape. I wonder why. Maybe they were both fully clothed at the time?
You do not have children, do you?

Old 07-19-2020, 10:50 AM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:

Deep alright. As in I need hip waders to get through this BS.

The unionista schools have indeed been a seriously negative influence, teaching almost nothing --except for hatred of the USA--to include reasoning skills. The "everyone wins, everyone gets a participation medal" the self-esteem movement, all this baloney came from "educators" who had not a brain among them.

Young men--and women--have been dealing with their flaring libidos for centuries. Only a very sick individual or culture would consider child rape to be a normal outlet.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:51 AM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:

Do I interpret this correctly - because some male borrowed his way through college and nobody offer him a position in standing and compensation due his state of academics his hormones take over and it falls into the same category with student loans and other debt - all society's fault that they are forced to sleep with minors?

Old 07-19-2020, 11:11 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
Very shocking the Dad would be charged in Georgia. I thought that was the whole benefit of living in these conservative states? The young man is lucky he didn’t die. Judging by the fact he wasn’t killed either the Father knew laws changed and/or he was aware of the relationship online but not the exact age difference.

The young man could have approached things more responsibly and respectfully the minimum age to marry in GA to my knowledge is 14 is it not? If he was really serious I think the family may have come around by the time she turned 16.

Just trying to be realistic and objective here.
Stand Your Ground is only to be used as a reason to shoot when the person is a THREAT. When they've turned tail and are running away, and off the property, they are no longer considered to be a threat.

And marriage age aside, it is still disrespectful to sneak people into the house, especially people the home owners, who are also the parents, have never met.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:46 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,380 times
Dad should have tied the perp up and called the cops, but I can't say I blame him for giving the pervert a beatdown. I'm certain his rage blinded him to better judgment, but in the heat of the moment, situations like this can go sideways - and this one did.

It's also time to take away Princess' phone, computer, etc., and she would be REAL busy with chores around the house. The Internet is not for amateurs, and creeps like this guy are a dime a dozen on the Web. I'd be watching her like a hawk.

Once this loser enters the penal system, bets are that he'll experience a whole new world of hurt. The boys on the block don't take kindly to child molesters.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:48 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Good for him! That's a real dad! He shouldn't be charged.

BTW, is the pedophile charged with a crime too?
BOOM!

I couldn't have said it better.

God help the scum that tried to defile my daughter, niece, etc.
It would take everything I had in my Christian faith to keep me from killing the scumbag. The idea he would not need significant medical help once I was finished with him (if he survived), would be an impossibility.

I hope someone will start an GoFundMe page for this guy, as I would contribute.

If he were local, he would drink free on my dime for the entire night. So since that it not possible, I'd be happy to pony up the coin to make sure he was able to, once he gets released.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting