Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 06:50 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,998 times

Advertisements

She is now receiving death threats because the American people cannot stand to see her profiting from her situation when we are all doing so poorly in our economy. We can't even afford to take care of our own kids and now we have to take care of hers too? I am starting to think forced sterialization is not a bad idea after all.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/national/nat_ap_calif_cops_octuplet_mom_receiving_death_thr eats_2009021214582203520 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 09:15 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
OctoMom Gets Nailed - TMZ.com

Yep, she had time to get yet another manicure yesterday.

Eight premature babies & she has the time or even the mindset to worry about her NAILS?

Amazing.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:33 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
OctoMom Gets Nailed - TMZ.com

Yep, she had time to get yet another manicure yesterday.

Eight premature babies & she has the time or even the mindset to worry about her NAILS?

Amazing.
Yes. All of the babies except one were under 3 pounds and a few were under 2 pounds. And she's worried about her nails?

If she was actually physically taking care of her children, wouldn't her nails suffer because of that and make the manicures completely impractical anyway?

Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 AM

Octuplet Mom Death Threats: LAPD Investigating Nasty Messages

Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 AM

This article says she is "at an undisclosed location and spending time with all her children each day." Well...if her safety is in such danger...why is she out getting manicures?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,125,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes. All of the babies except one were under 3 pounds and a few were under 2 pounds. And she's worried about her nails?

If she was actually physically taking care of her children, wouldn't her nails suffer because of that and make the manicures completely impractical anyway?
Yes...I remember my hands being in shreds during their stay in NICU because you have to constantly wash them before you can touch any of the babies and before entering NICU. Having well-manicured long nails just isn't practical or doable - unless, of course, you're not hands-on taking care of the babies anyway.

I had 2 in NICU for a total of 3 weeks & between everything I was doing at home for Baby B (who came home first) and getting to NICU during the day to visit Baby A AND deal with Baby B who came with me - well, I don't know where she even finds the opportunity to go out & get a mani! I don't begrudge any new mom some TLC when she can grab it but everything about Ms. Sulema's just shows where her priorities are and it sure doesn't seem like they are with her children.

Then again, I'm obviously biased against her.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Then again, I'm obviously biased against her.
We all are.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:51 AM

515 posts, read 1,330,561 times
Too bad about the human rights laws. Some sterilization would have been good in this case.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:00 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
TMZ is all over this woman like white on rice...

They are going in hard on her, so that PR firm needs to catch up to the times, realize the impact sites like TMZ can have & keep their high profile client from looking really, really stupid.

I am, for the first time, going to give this woman the benefit of the doubt...she could have been having the nails removed.

Premature babies with compromised immunse systems & the chemicals on fake nails don't mix.

It could have been a medical recommendation to have them removed.

Still, pics of this woman getting coffee (which costs money) & manicures can be avoided.

The PR that is representing her is awful. Get a grip on the client & stop letting her do things that makes her look even worse than most already think.

The PR firm could have called someone to come to her home & remove the nails or give her a manicure.

Right now, having this nutcase in the spotlight buying video games, getting coffee, and manicures while she has a website asking for donations?? Is everyone who is personally associated with woman sucked into a black hole of stupidness?

As one poster mentioned, all moms need some TLC & down time. But there is a time & place. And if you asked to be in the spotlight like this woman has, expect to be nailed to the wall over everything.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 AM

She has a publicist btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting