Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:06 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
I would not have a problem with it. I figure with 11 kids I will have grandchildren in many different hues- like a flower garden!
That's beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
I would not have a problem with it. I figure with 11 kids I will have grandchildren in many different hues- like a flower garden!
My paternal grandmother had 9 children from 2 marriages. Her first husband was white and her second husband was black. My grandmother was Asian so you can just imagine what my aunts and uncles look like. Then with them marrying people from all different backgrounds, our family reunion photo looks like a We Are the World album cover

Old 05-29-2009, 06:25 PM

50,386 posts, read 64,034,538 times
As long as my child doesn't marry someone with a bad family background, or less educated than they are, then the color doesn't matter to me. For example, I would prefer my children marry someone who's parents haven't been divorced, and don't have any chronic illnesses. Not that they'll listen, probably.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,606,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
i would not.but that is just me.but most of this interracial relationships are happening for wrong reasons.black guys were raised by black women who would tell them that white man is a "devil" and only way to get rid of the devil is to go after white women and that makes them rasist.only reason they date white women is because they belive they are devils who could give a birth to "white devil" and they want to stop that.white women that go with black guys are the ones who are angry or have been molested by their fathers.so they try to find a way tp hurt they fathers the way fathers hurt them.they tried by not listening or runnig away but it didn't work.then they say that dating black guys makes their fathers angry and hurt many white women do this and that what makes a interracial relationship wrong.white man who date black women especialy is the same.they were probably rejected by white women who choose black guys ovewr them so they disided to hurt them y dating black girls.so most of interracial relasionships were founded in hate and not in love.
PLEASE where did you get that idea from ???

Old 06-05-2009, 05:32 PM

711 posts, read 1,512,459 times
I would definatly have a problem with it as it pertains to Blacks and Indians and I forgot Mexicans.

Last edited by Hillrunner; 06-05-2009 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 10:02 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

However, unlike most of you, I didn't find the question absurd, because let's face it: RACISM STILL EXISTS. I personally know many people who would have a problem with their children dating outside their race, but guess what??? These people will never post such a response on this message board. They will say it openly amongst mind-like people though.
What she said.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,325,215 times
I don't think I would care. I know several people who are in an interracial relationship and I never found anything wrong with it.
As long as there is love and honesty... I'd rather see my child happy with someone from another "race" rather than miserable with someone from the same "race"...

Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,470,812 times
I would have no issue with it at all. But then again, I'm a product of an interracial relationship and so are my kids so...

Old 08-29-2009, 10:30 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,148,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
As long as my child doesn't marry someone with a bad family background, or less educated than they are, then the color doesn't matter to me. For example, I would prefer my children marry someone who's parents haven't been divorced, and don't have any chronic illnesses. Not that they'll listen, probably.
Slight tangent. How exactly does the bolded part relate to the personality of your child's potential significant other?
a. There are children with divorced parents who turn out fine and those from a two parent household that are a mess.
b. Are you saying you don't want your child to date a diabetic? That is a chronic illness.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:47 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,589,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casshern View Post
I have been doing research and it appears most parents would not be satisfied. Even though I know most of you say "I am not racist and I would not care at all" and "if they want to do it, it is OK" but seriously? However we are human and we really do not know how we will respond if that situation actually happens to them throughout there lifetime.

All honesty right now, if you had a daughter who is 16, and your 16 year old daughter brings a black man, who is the same complexion as Wesley Snipes, how would you really react as a parent? Instead of giving the politically correct answer, just think about how you would react at that moment.

In some cultures, they would literally disown their daughters them from the spot if a situation like that happens.
I would be okay, just concerned if they were to have children for what the children would have to endure from people who are not as accepting as I. I would also worry for my daughter and the person with whom she fell in love with - again because of how cruel people can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting