Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times

Advertisements

I am fed up with seeing a 2 yr old and a 4 month old in the theater at tropic thunder. I mean really? I hope the kid just came from seeing kung fu panda when ben stiller kills the bear and wears the skin.

GET A BABYSITTER ALREADY.

I went without seeing a movie at a theater for 2 years because my kids would not be watched by a sitter and ya know what?
I SURVIVED!

Because i didn't subject my kids to VIOLENT R rated movies.. What kind of idiot selfish parents so this sort of thing just so THEY can get in some entertainment. RENT a movie and watch it when the kids are in bed.

AGAIN with the selfish parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 11:46 PM

18 posts, read 34,845 times
Why do people judge other parents? Who cares if they bring a baby into the movies? Some babies are not as loud as the adults in the theater!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 AM

294 posts, read 1,086,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I refuse to be held hostage by people with babies or rude manners. I'm still going to go out even if these people are out in force. This baby thing also happens at my church. Pastor is giving a sermon and you'll have these clueless people with their screaming babies who REFUSE to take them out of the sanctuary! When one is screaming or crying it's like a cue for the others to chime in and pretty soon you have a whole chorus of wailing kids! I don't know why pastor doesn't ask the parents to step outside with the kids. It's pretty annoying - especially since we have a wonderful childrens church program that includes baby care too. But I guess if I don't like it, I could just not go to the movies or church, right?

Right!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 AM

294 posts, read 1,086,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I think bringing young babies to the movies is completely inappropriate. The whole act is disrespectful towards other people's right to enjoy their time out.
So your saying people with children need forgo there right to enjoy their time out, over those that don't have children? Are you Kidding me?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savme09 View Post
Why do people judge other parents? Who cares if they bring a baby into the movies? Some babies are not as loud as the adults in the theater!
Gee. maybe because strangers like us obviously know better than the stupid freaking parents who are dragging a poor baby or toddler/small child into an adult movie.

It has yet to affect my experience at all because the movies are SO loud I don't hear a thing.

The reason it bothers me is because I have small children at home and I know what they should be subjected too and what is deemed APROPRIATE and R rated movies with a lot of violence really is NO place for children *hence the advisory rating*.

For these parents to overlook that advisory and be so selfish and needing to go get their rocks off watching a mindless movie instead of worrying how this is affecting their children DRIVES ME NUTS!

Yes, you do give up lots of things when you have children and one of those things is your right to continue being a selfish person only thinking of themselves. The whole point is to put the kids first. That is good parenting. People who don't do that really shouldn't have had kids because obviously they were not ready to do what it takes to raise healthy members of society.

You'll be crying when little johnny is breaking into your car or swipes daddy's gun and shoots your kid because he's been seeing it in movies since BIRTH and has no idea what he is doing.

On another note:
The same goes with taking my kids to see a cartoon/child flick. I see people seeing WALL E and they were giving my kids the evil eye. Umm hello moron it's a CHILDRENS MOVIE.

I don't care if old people see cartoon- but you have to realize there will be loud children pointing and yelling at the screen *really it's not different then seeing a movie in Oakland*.

It's all about what is APROPRIATE for your children.

Last edited by Taboo2; 09-04-2008 at 09:14 AM..

Old 09-05-2008, 07:04 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmburns View Post
So your saying people with children need forgo there right to enjoy their time out, over those that don't have children? Are you Kidding me?
I didn't read the person to whom you are responding to but IMO, of course parents with youngin' should have have the right to enjoy a movie. That's why you hire a babysitter.

It's any kind of distraction that's annoying: people with cell phones ringing, idiots who still think laser pointers are cool, teenagers or drunks who act like loud baffoons, people making out. I'm sure others can add on to the list.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,713,869 times
My 6 yr old hasn't been to a theatre yet and my 2 yr old is definitely not ready. Heck, I can't stand theatres myself, so there's really no reason to go at all. If my husband and I want to see a movie, we rent it and watch it after both kids are in bed.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
There are kid appropriate movies & non kid appropriate movies.
If a parent needs the difference explained to them that's really sad.

Your 2yr old will survive not seeing a movie. A grown up will survive not seeing a movie.

If your child cannot control him or herself in a movie theatre in an appropriate manner for the movie YOU are taking them to, you either stay at home or leave the theatre.

It's really quite simple when you stop thinking about yourself & start thinking about others & most importantly, how really fair it is to your child depending on their age. It's not right to expect them to play grown up b/c you want to sit through an 1 1/2 hr movie.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I didn't read the person to whom you are responding to but IMO, of course parents with youngin' should have have the right to enjoy a movie. That's why you hire a babysitter.

It's any kind of distraction that's annoying: people with cell phones ringing, idiots who still think laser pointers are cool, teenagers or drunks who act like loud baffoons, people making out. I'm sure others can add on to the list.
Yeah, like people who have some serious @-$$ gas and keep rippin' em!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:29 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,526 times
Well as I've said before, something like a matinee showing of Wall-E I would expect to see kids. But anything showing after midnight is not the place for people to take their babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting