Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM

254 posts, read 202,929 times

Advertisements

http://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-voter-id-bill-could-ready-soon-161900710.htm (broken link)

These voter ID laws are being used by Republicans in order to suppress black, Hispanic, old people, etc. from voting. Pennsylvania doesn't have any voter ID nonsense and I want it to say that way. We need to stand up from our right to vote and not let Republicans take it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,410,414 times
Nothing like saying let's mess with the LEGAL process by letting THOSE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE have their say in our process. It has nothing to do with Black, Hispanic or old people. Just show that you're legally allowed to vote. That's all that is asked.

Somewhere around 50% of those in this Country take some sort of money from the government. It's an incredibly high number. If they can vote in their own perks, when does it stop? Those that pay will either draw a line or stop making money. When that happens, get ready... There will be a collapse and riots in the street.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-16-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post

Nothing like saying let's mess with the LEGAL process by letting THOSE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE have their say in our process. It has nothing to do with Black, Hispanic or old people. Just show that you're legally allowed to vote. That's all that is asked.
Why should I have to pay to buy some ID in order to vote when voting is a RIGHT that is granted to EVERYONE in the USA?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-16-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,840,121 times
it does annoy me that they're spending time and money addressing something that's not a problem in PA while transportation, school choice reform, etc go unresolved.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,782,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
These voter ID laws are being used by Republicans in order to suppress dead people from voting.
You're absolutely correct.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:17 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Here's an idea, how about instead of making people pay for voter ID cards, introduce a new tax on somethings, lets say yachts or luxury cars. I don't see the benefits of this outweighing the huge costs, many people can barely afford to get by as it is, the amount of the ID card (knowing the state it can range anywhere from $5-$100) can decide rather or not they eat well that night. If the GOP wants this in effect, I say show a more responsible way of financing it and I will personally support it

Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
So many ridiculous and paranoid arguments against having voter ID. What's the big deal? You need photo ID to cash a check, drive a car, get medical treatment, use a credit card. I hope this goes through. The only argument against it is that you wnat voter fraud to continue.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So many ridiculous and paranoid arguments against having voter ID. What's the big deal? You need photo ID to cash a check, drive a car, get medical treatment, use a credit card. I hope this goes through. The only argument against it is that you wnat voter fraud to continue.
There have been 0 causes of voter fraud in the Pennsylvania since 1990. That's right 0. Republicans are trying to address something that is not a problem. Why should we deny people the RIGHT to vote that is granted in the Constitution? People were beaten in the streets in the south for the right to vote.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,384,062 times
Everyone should be required to have a national ID. If you aren't breaking the law you'd have no objections.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,561,983 times
It costs $13.50 to obtain a Pennsylvania identification card. Obtaining a Photo Identification Card All you need is your birth certificate and proof of an address.

It's the right and the responsibility of every citizen to vote. If you don't vote, you shouldn't complain. You even need id to get a library card. If you aren't responsible enough to get a PA ID card, then I think you are probably not educated enough to vote, and I don't mean educated by school. I mean educated in that you've looked into the candidates and issues.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania