Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDResident View Post
There's no way you could put Society Hill in a list of the worst sections of Center City. Olde City I can understand just because it's not policed the way it should be and can be very rowdy but I'd say one rowdy part of Center City and one part that's closer to what Center City used to be in say Callowhill is a lot better than when only one or two parts of Center City were as safe as the majority of it is now.
I don't like walking in Society Hill at night because it's too dark and a easy robbing opportunity for criminals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 AM

735 posts, read 1,129,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't like walking in Society Hill at night because it's too dark and a easy robbing opportunity for criminals
That doesn't mean it's one of the worst sections of Center City, just that it's not as well-lit at night as it could be. Like I said, the current ratio of safe to unsafe in Center City now is a lot better than it was in the 90s. The city is definitely not worse now than it was then. It's just different.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Really? Huh... interesting. Everytime I've been there it's filled with 90% white college kids. What Old City are you going to exactly?
Between 2nd and Market and 2nd and Chestnut

Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDResident View Post
That doesn't mean it's one of the worst sections of Center City, just that it's not as well-lit at night as it could be. Like I said, the current ratio of safe to unsafe in Center City now is a lot better than it was in the 90s. The city is definitely not worse now than it was then. It's just different.

Oh come on, Society Hill has seen a increase in crime the past 3 months.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Quote:
Oh come on, Society Hill has seen a increase in crime the past 3 months.
Wow.

You can't judge three months as an increase in crime... a year is the minimum to decide if an area has seen an increase in crime. Society Hill is by far one of the safest areas of the city. If you believe otherwise than you're just generally scared of everything.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:00 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Wow.

You can't judge three months as an increase in crime... a year is the minimum to decide if an area has seen an increase in crime. Society Hill is by far one of the safest areas of the city. If you believe otherwise than you're just generally scared of everything.
I believe a guy was just murdered in Society Hill on july 1st. Looks like the criminals know where to find their targets

Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
I believe a guy was just murdered in Society Hill on july 1st. Looks like the criminals know where to find their targets
This can happen anywhere. This doesn't make an area dangerous. If there were 5 or more murders in a year in Society Hill... then it would be considered dangerous. Use some common sense man.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Not being a s downer but how do you know if there is a murder of not? Like I told you before I had 2 employees killed by gunfire and neither made one word on the news or paper. Im sure the news picks and chooses the murders they want to do stories on
Oh, Frank... this is how I know there haven't been any murders in over a week... this is the most reliable source for murders and crime in the city they update it daily.

I know there have been no murders in over a week in the city because of this site.

Philadelphia Police Department | Crime Statistics

Old 07-16-2012, 04:24 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
Quote:
Oh, Frank... this is how I know there haven't been any murders in over a week... this is the most reliable source for murders and crime in the city they update it daily.

I know there have been no murders in over a week in the city because of this site.

Philadelphia Police Department | Crime Statistics

ok gotcha.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
Quote:

Then move. Goodbye.

If you honestly think this city is getting worse. You have issues. This city is a utopia compared to what it used to be.

no way.. Maybe in some areas but the NE (THE largest sections in the city) had declined massively.. Overall I would say it ain't what it used to be. If I remember correctly you have not been in the city for 25 years, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia