Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2023, 05:13 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,177,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on this season compared to 2017?

I'm excited, but nothing will top the 2017 'underdog' season. That season from start to finish was 'magical'.

In '17 we ended a dynasty. In '22 we have a chance to prevent one from happening.
The Cincinnati Bengals would like to have a word with you.

Now that Tom Brady's retired again, Patrick Mahomes is ready to fill his shoes.

I will say, though, that it is also easier to be equanimous here (besides the Kelce brothers) is the fact that three years ago, the Chiefs appeared in and won the Supe for the first time in 50 years.

That previous Super Bowl appearance (1971, the fourth), btw, is the one that made a young boy named Paul very happy because he finally got the bike he wanted — and his dad, Big Charlie, a Cheifs fan for life. Paul owns the bar now, I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2023, 06:56 AM

1,407 posts, read 932,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
For sure. Nothing will top a first Super Bowl Championship. It was so magical to be in the city at the time. But a win this season certainly wouldn't feel underwhelming.
Yeah, defninitely. It's always super fun to win.

Old 02-06-2023, 11:12 AM

7,743 posts, read 5,545,051 times

The drone show was a nice touch last week. Done by local company VergeAero

Old 02-06-2023, 02:58 PM

42,006 posts, read 75,380,148 times
I'll add my name to the bandwagon, if only because I enjoy a good party, and because my co-workers will be in a good mood for a few weeks if the Eagles win.

Also, the last Super Bowl parade was a blast. A repeat performance would be way cool.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:11 AM

1,407 posts, read 932,851 times
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...closed-sunday/

Big Charlie's is going to be closed Sunday. Their logic seems a little sus on this one (there were too many people?!? Is that a reason to close?), but it's probably for the best. I'm guessing they were told they would be at risk of a riot or vandalism, especially if the Chiefs win.

Old 02-07-2023, 11:59 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,177,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...closed-sunday/

Big Charlie's is going to be closed Sunday. Their logic seems a little sus on this one (there were too many people?!? Is that a reason to close?), but it's probably for the best. I'm guessing they were told they would be at risk of a riot or vandalism, especially if the Chiefs win.
Maybe, but the word is that they sold way too many wristbands and that their regulars had been shut out of the action. (The bar holds 60 comfortably, I'm told, and 300 wristbands had been sold.)

Now, this may mean that they also suspected that the sudden swell of interest may have represented Eagles-fan infiltrators intent on disrupting the festivities.

But it also threw my plans into the wastebasket, for after I mentioned that I wasn't likely to score a wristband and would thus have to watch in the middle of McKean Street (where they had set up an outdoor bar for Supe LIV), my Phillymag colleagues urged me to get a wristband anyway and write an observation piece about watching the Supe with Chiefs fans at the bar.

And their manager agreed to comp me one and let me come down to write the story. (Big Charlie's had already decided not to set up the outdoor bar out of respect for their neighbors.)

So I'm opting to throw a "Deborah Kelce" watch party at home instead. "Deborah Kelce" because here, it will be okay for you to root for the team of your choice. As I'm sure you all know, Mom is remaining neutral for the contest itself.

But one nice thing I learned when she appeared on "Morning Joe" today: Travis wears number 87 for the Chiefs as a tribute to his brother Jason, who was born in that year.

Old 02-07-2023, 12:53 PM

Some of our friends are visiting from DC for the game, and I'm glad I pulled the trigger early on the reservations because basically everywhere is sold out now and completely booked. I don't even remember it being like that exactly 5 years ago.

Old 02-10-2023, 04:57 PM

Win or lose, Haason Reddick is one of my all-time favorite players. Beautiful message from his mother. He is the rose that grew from the concrete

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/s...17243838595078

Old 02-12-2023, 12:19 PM

32,178 posts, read 34,849,173 times
e

a

g

l

e

s

Old 02-12-2023, 07:37 PM

32,993 posts, read 36,519,796 times
Hopefully. This is the most exciting game that I've seen in a while. Yes, it's an antacid game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia