Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:34 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,362,373 times

Advertisements

I think this thread has run its course. It's turning into a pissing contest.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,900,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
They don't worry about people relocating to another state unless they are higher management.
Ok, forgetting relocated employees. What about an company that does business with neighboring states? There's a lot of commerce between here an CA, that brings into question Latinos traveling on business. From truck drivers to white collar Latinos attending a conference. If you're a company that has a high number of Latinos employed or trades with other companies as such why deal with the headache? Why not choose, say, Las Vegas over Phx?

Forgetting what SB 1070 really is, remember how it's perceived. How many CA Latinos think it means they're going to be pulled over and harassed or arrested by some racist redneck sheriff's deputy? Not a long shot to think it's quite a few. Arpaio and immigration law have damaged Arizona's economy and reputation for a long time.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,718,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post

Forgetting what SB 1070 really is, remember how it's perceived. How many CA Latinos think it means they're going to be pulled over and harassed or arrested by some racist redneck sheriff's deputy? Not a long shot to think it's quite a few. Arpaio and immigration law have damaged Arizona's economy and reputation for a long time.
VERY FEW.

You really think you're speaking for the entire Latino population?! Most Hispanic's aren't cowering in fear of Arpaio and if you think they are, you need a reality check.

To really think a county sheriff damaged the ECONOMY of a state is RIDICULOUS to such an extreme degree. I'm actually glad we have the reputation of Arpaio and we're tough on illegal immigration, WHY would you want a lax sheriff who doesn't care how many illegals break into our state and use all the resources while paying NOTHING in taxes. Really? Is that your idea of utopia?

I'm glad you aren't my neighbor.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 AM

13,921 posts, read 8,098,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
...To really think a county sheriff damaged the ECONOMY of a state is RIDICULOUS to such an extreme degree.
Unfortunately, that's the way the media often spins it.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,797,344 times
My wife is Hispanic, born in the US, and has NEVER been pulled over by any police officer. And if she were pulled over, she would treat the officer with respect and cooperate with the officer. She would not yell "racial profiling."

Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,624,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I think this thread has run its course. It's turning into a pissing contest.
LOL, ya think?

How did this thread go from elementary school guards to another illegal immigration thread? We have a million of those you can all graze through for enjoyment you know. IMO, immigration has been haggled to death on here already. I have my doubts anyone will say anything that hasn't already been covered.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,060,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
LOL, ya think?

How did this thread go from elementary school guards to another illegal immigration thread? We have a million of those you can all graze through for enjoyment you know. IMO, immigration has been haggled to death on here already. I have my doubts anyone will say anything that hasn't already been covered.
Ad nauseum!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,238,765 times
I thought this was interesting.

We often talk about Sheriff Joe and his stances on things. Some of us look at things one way and some of us view them another. The threads range from publicity to lawsuits, illegal immigration, jails, birth certificates, tent city and more, with this one about his posse and schools being the most current. One common theme which often crops up in these threads is what others, outside of AZ, think about Sheriff Joe and/or his policies/reputation.

Sheriff Joe tripped over a pipe, fell, and broke his shoulder. There is a brief Reuters' article on yahoo news Canada about it. What I found interesting was the comments section. You can read it here.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,481,088 times
This thread has gone off topic into yet another generic Arpaio thread. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area